Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon His Vigil

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
He startles awake, blinking in panicked confusion. The Moor pushes himself up from his slumped position against a wall, his breath caught as old terrors clamp his throat. Where was he? This was not his room in the smithy house. Erikor’s chest heaves from the sleep-addled delirium, eyes wide at his surroundings.

Light, light- There’s light. There’s a window somewhere. Is this-

He whips his head around and suddenly stills as recognition outweighs his acquired fear. The morning sun shines through the window in the hall and the scent of hearthfires downstairs calm him enough to recognize the door he must have fallen asleep in front of. Erikor swipes a quick hand over the top of his hair before thumping his head lightly against the wooden wall of the inn behind him. He briefly casts his maroon eyes up the ceiling as his breathing steadies, counting the rafters as he settles.

All this time and I still can’t handle waking up in new places… May as well start calling myself a Lily Elf instead of Illthilior at this point.

Finally looking back down, he grabs his sketchbook that had fallen from his lap at some point during his slumber. It was still open to the drawing of the door he’d done last night as he kept vigil in front of it. Erik snaps the book shut, the noise carrying through the silent hall, and he lurches forward to his feet.

Don’t even know why I give a damn about that girl. She just wandered here on a godsdamned whim anyway. Shouldn’t be surprised. Not like I expected her to stick around or anything.

His lips twitch into a frown. It only takes the elf a few steps to cross the hall and by the time he’s face to face with it, his fist is already poised to knock. His knuckles rap against the wood, the slightly loose door knocking back at him from the frame.

“Dawn…?”

The silent answer spurred him to push it open to see the same empty room it had been last night. And the other times he’d checked as well. Only difference was the missing trinket William had taken with him the day before. With his hand still on the knob, Erik curses under his breath as disappointment creeps into his chest.

Where would she even go? Not like her father was even around. Daeron and William wouldn’t have come asking around if they weren’t worried about her..

The door clacks against the frame as he closes it and turns on heel to lope down the hall. He sticks a hand into his pocket with shoulders slumped, the journal still clutched tightly in his other hand. He knew it was probably nothing. He knew she was weird and had equally strange tendencies. But it really seemed as if she was content on the Isle. Ashna didn’t seem to mind her, and she took to her work in the library well enough. It was always clean in there. Even Daeron said if she was enjoying it, she wouldn’t have up and left. So where was she?

Down each hall and down each flight of steps, he casts his eyes towards each room and open door as if she’d perhaps changed rooms. Met with nothing in each and his face falling to a more trouble expression with each, by the time Erik reaches the main floor his brows are heavy from the frown he bears.

Sister didn’t come back, did she? Dawn probably couldn’t have fought her off if she did… I mean, nether I was taken from this damned Isle. She could have been too. It makes as much sense as any other theory I got. Did something happen to her?

The frown persists as he thumps his way with heavy boots to the door and pushes it open. He squints against the cold light of morning and lets the door fall shut behind him, his worries no less abated from his vigil. His only thoughts that wracked his mind were of the weird girl as he trudged his way home.

Where are you, Dawn?

@Elz @Jstar @Paintballz @solus @Tempy_

Last edited: