Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

House Fuvur calls upon IC justification in exchange for money

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
I've built some things that need cannons and static siege weaponry. From the spreadsheet I have I realized that we only have 3 ballistae, no cannons, and no anything else. In light of this:

Heralds are spreading a message from the illustrious House Fuvur once again. Offering money for cannonades (both for land and for sea), catapults, ballistea, scorpions, and whatever other manner of static or semi-static artillery are available to be sold. Similarly, engineers who can construct such are invited to seek work under the magnanimous House Fuvur.

(prices are not listed. i desire rp, come haggle with me)

Unrelatedly, House Fuvur also calls upon meteorites. Any meteoric iron or other metal that can be identified as being made by the heavens that is delivered into the hands of House Fuvur will be rewarded with an exorbitant sum.

Last edited:

Stratonis

I think I might like it here
I thought cannons aren't allowed to be made?
Since hand cannons and matchlocks aren't allowed due to black powder and gunpowder, even though they were around in the 1500's. So how could cannons be allowed if its the same technology.

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
Cannons have been around for some time now.

It's less pre-printing press and more that tech isn't allowed to reach a paradigm-shifting point. Ships behave about the same functionally up until ironclads and steamships. Stationary cannons exist as defenses and on ships, but more portable guns are a revolution in warfare. The printing press is the major one listed because its invention massively accelerated the speed at which knowledge spreads, and made it far easier to preserve it as well.
Best explanation I have found.

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Since hand cannons and matchlocks aren't allowed due to black powder and gunpowder, even though they were around in the 1500's. So how could cannons be allowed if its the same technology.
I did the tiniest bit of research, and it looks like our time lock is literally just a century before early muskets and land-based artillery became a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. Smaller, earlier cannons, however, were being experimented with in Europe as early as the 13th century (we're in the 14th century, to clarify).

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
*is making cannon works y for t he city wonders if he should endure the nwalme mood and negativity* XD

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Lydel Balistia available in RH, could easily acquire some by talking to dat boi.

I have a nice small one man balastia design in my creative area, Ced designs them IC. lets RP

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Confirmed, Roy will be visiting Sanardu sometime soon to talk to Nwalme and Nylarii about him and his apprentices working on some siege weapons for them.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Before my carpenter character 'Kublai' went inactive, he started looking into crafting ballista's but he never got into it that much.
So unless you are willing to spend quite some time rping until he understands how to make them? :eek:
(would hope to be working closely with blacksmiths in this case, since it's both wood and metal that'll be needed)

Etow

Lord of Altera
I did the tiniest bit of research, and it looks like our time lock is literally just a century before early muskets and land-based artillery became a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. Smaller, earlier cannons, however, were being experimented with in Europe as early as the 13th century (we're in the 14th century, to clarify).
Not to forget that virtually EVERY ship on this server has Canons ^^ So I just Think that Canons might already introduced in this world.. or are those all just paper models ^^

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
i did not expect this many responses; by all means, anyone who wants to sell their siege engines or wants to have nwalme contract them to make him siege engines, come visit him in sanardu