Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Humpfries Ban Appeal [Ban Shortened]

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Okay, I was banned for cursing. Aye, I did say the word that starts with h.
I did not think it was really a ban able word because it wasn't blocked from the filter, and it isn't as dirty and ugly as other curse words.

I was made aware I was warned in OOC for cussing after I said that word the first time.

I was really only watching the RP chat and was focused on that channel.

I only intended the word for what it meant the one time I said it. When I said it someone told me goodbye Tybalt and something about a ban hammer. And I was genuinely confused. I'm not sure if you can see what context it was in with Hawkeye but here is the conversation

Ardy: So Marr and Lav are going to war?
Mich in OOC: And even more by Humpfries who is about to get banned
Me in RP chat : (Sure as H Looks like it)

Between my response and michs there was only 4 seconds that passed. I'm sorry bout that, if I would have actually looked at OOC chat and looked up from typing I wouldn't have typed what I did, woulda stopped right there, no more. It really does look like I ignored warning especially as the conversation progressed.
Landir in House chat: Greg, Hump, best tone down the swears and stuffs
PM from Juno: Did You hear that?
Syb: (love u Tybs *waves before banhammer* ;-;)
Me: ("H" isn't banned)
Syb: (it's all beard and gits, methinks)
Me: ("H" isn't filtered)
Syb: (Michy just said it about to get banned in OOC)
PM from Juno: In OOC?

That is when I look to ooc and look at what was said

Me: (wait

Banhammer feasts.

In really sorry bout that and I can assure you it won't happen again. They are just words and I can live without saying them.

Also, is it appropriate to actually type out birch, git, beard and stuff like that. Because several times throughout the past few days I've actually typed out the filters instead of the actual word. I just wanna make sure if it's in the clear or not because I really don't want to make the same mistake of thinking it was okay with the "h" word..

Thankyou for your time and once again I'm sorry for breaking the rules and having you waste your time on pointless stuff that could be avoided like this.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
If you type filters instead of the actual word, then why do we have 85 counts of you using horrible completely-inexcusable swearwords? The F word and the synonym for fecal matter most prevalently. If you only typed the filters, why did you type "SWEARWORD(number here)", which indicates those words?

And why on earth would you type out the analogies for known swearwords?

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
If you type filters instead of the actual word, then why do we have 85 counts of you using horrible completely-inexcusable swearwords? The F word and the synonym for fecal matter most prevalently. If you only typed the filters, why did you type "SWEARWORD(number here)", which indicates those words?

And why on earth would you type out the analogies for known swearwords?
I did use those words and I'm sorry for it. I was just going on the word I had just typed when I received the ban. What I was trying to say is that I have been trying to use the synonyms for them more often instead of the actual word.

And the reason I would want to use the synonyms is because they are medieval insults and really the only ones I know.
And I just want to know to make myself aware of what is or is not permit table and I want no room for error so I was just checking if typing out the actual filter is wrong. Kinda like how the fecal word and crap or poop are different.

But I really can do without, curse words are not necessary and are unpleasant to some to read or hear and I don't want to bother anyone who is sensitive to those words and I will do whatever it is necessary to keep the peace and tranquility of this community.

And if it means cutting a very bad habit I'll gladly do that. As it should have never appeared because it is clearly in the kings law.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
As announced t'staff: Going to update the three sweaing unban appeals with a mitigation down to part of the week - ending on Friday.