Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

I may be getting Skyrim soon!

Tdog the 1st

I think I might like it here
I am thinking about getting Skyrim, but am unsure, due to a lack of knowledge of the Elder Scrolls games. I have never played one in my life. I almost bought Oblivion when it first came out, but decided otherwise. I will be getting it for the Xbox 360, because I can barely get my PC to run Minecraft. I don't want to see any comments on this thread about my choice of platform, I will ignore them completely, that is, unless there are different features that I should know about.

Reasons why Skyrim interest me:
  • The game is practically a sandbox, with certain limitations.
  • You get to choose what race you belong to.
  • You can decide who you affiliate yourself with, who you form alliances with, and who your enemies are.
  • You can get married.
  • You can gain, and hone various skills to shape your character's strengths and weaknesses.
Reasons why I have avoided getting it:
  • I have never played an Elder Scrolls game, and don't know if I would be missing out if I hadn't played the previous ones.
  • I find a lot single player only RPG's very boring.
  • I am unsure if this game will occupy me for a while, or if it is short, or repetitive.
Please feel free to confirm or deny any of the factors I have listed above in comments.
Thank you
Tdog the 1st

NinjaDucky

Loyal Servant of Altera
I just started playing today and so far I absolutely love it. Even I have never platy an elder scrolls game before this one, but so far I've had a good experience with skyrim. Plus is bots one of those crazy over powered unbeatable rpg's either. I HATE thos games which is why I was hesitant to get skyrim at first but so far I'm enjoying it an hopefully it will stay that way.

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
Ive played all the Elder Scrolls games (loved Morrowind the most) and i think Skyrim is awesome but it is kinda repetive and for me atleast it got boring when i reached 780 hrs gameplay time...Yes i am a nolife nerd xD
I played Skyrim from November 11 to december 2.....

Tdog the 1st

I have it now, and I have a Nord named Roran, He's a pretty big dude, and he's only at lvl 11, and he already has a Skyforge Steel Greatsword (fine), a horned steel helmet (fine), steel armor w/ the shoulderpads (fine), steel nordic gauntlets (fine), steel (the one that isn't the shin type) Boots (fine), Elven Bow, elven Warhammer, and Orcish Arrows. Yes, I'm proud of that. I know that its not dragon Armor or anything, but that's pretty good for a start. Im already a werewolf in the Companions, I started out with the stormcloaks, and changed to the imperials (I didn't join the stormcloaks, I followed Ralof through Helgan. I found an Imperial Courtier and thats how i switched. and right now, Im at solitude. and advice or thoughts?

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I knew nothing about the elder scrolls before this, but all the books lying around and stuff helped me catch up with everything.

I started playing as Kaijit, loved the sneaking around being a bad girl, and I'm still not bored with this.

Tdog the 1st

I got rid of Roran, for some odd, unknown, and stupid reason. I tried Kajiit, but am not so good at stealth. I also tried Wood Elf, but am not a good Archer. I tried everything, but I think the brutality, death or glory, and honor bound mentality of the Nords is best for me. I made another Nord named Olaf Strong-Arm, and like Roran, he's a big dude, with heavy armor, and big weapons, except this time i've been favoring battleaxes, I love how they pack a serious punch, and still maintain some sort of speed and controlability.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Im went bored of it after 47 hours. I was bored of always coming down in the dungeons and caves. I wanted to have quests outside. Also my best save - Level 43 - Got overwrited by a new save. So im done with it already