Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

IC region Production census

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Man ya'll have some hectic industry for places that have only existed like two months in character. Especially considering no mills, mines, and few forges likely exist just yet
Unless you live in thick forest, you cannot afford to export lumber. Unless you have sufficient manpower, you cannot operate a mine. Unless you live on vast tracts of arable land and have a lot of manpower, you cannot produce enough food to have some left over for export after you've fed your hungry population (which apparently is thriving - invisible npc kingdoms came with us to the new map I see, perfect). Once again, as in the last map, almost every region is becoming self sufficient. This'll just kill any notion of meaningful IC trade.
This new world is a chance to actually make some viable ic trade possible. Let's not just go overboard.
I'd would be great if every faction/ region picks like 2 or 3 main export products, viable for their region. (we can't all happened to have settled on top of a iron mine right?)

I for example doubt fresh game is a viable long range export product seeing it is so hard to get and spoils easily.

The Hierax/Hawklight lands will for example not be able to grow stuff that needs a lot of sun and a warm climate. We will import those and only grow potatoes, carrots and turnips or something. We are on an island so we will rely on fish and some farm animals for our meat. We can export fresh, frozen fish to say Anhald and salted fish to the rest of the world in bulk.

For now, we struggle IC to even feed our own.

Let's keep it real?
This is just my expectation, especially given that my relevant character isn't around yet and the actual region isn't built :p

If it makes you feel any better, tzemik has probably the most valid basis for any kind of self-sufficient agriculture.

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
Yeah, you probably need the least amount of industry to get your export products sorted too. Plants and herbs grown in the wild and/or cultivated.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I'm set up smack in the middle of the woods with a river going by and a natural harbor not too far away. Logging 5ever