Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Insanity in Altera

Darko

Lord of Altera
So in case you haven't met my character in-game yet, I'm insane.

I feel as if people don't understand the fact that not all creepy things in Altera are caused by demons, I have been told multiple times: "Darko, we need to get that demon out of you!" When there is no demon! I feel that we should accept that some people in fantasy can be a little messed up. So next time you see anyone acting strange, don't right away assume they are possessed.

Post in comments any thoughts on insanity in Altera, and how we should start treating this.

(I don't know for sure if this is the right section)

Alailanible

Sparkly purple member of the team
Next time someone tells you you have a demon in you that you don't plan on having, just put your serious face on and say " No I don't, My mother had me tested".

And I do agree with you. You should be able to just be crazy. Not everything needs to be magical.

Darko

Lord of Altera
I know, but I have told people that I'm not possessed and they continue with some ritual.

Alailanible

Just tell them out of character. Send them a msg with a simple "my character is not possessed, he really is just crazy".
For example, in a city full of wizards like Uthrandir they will just assume that when you say you are not possessed that's just the demon talking... but I'm sure if you make it clear that that is not your roleplay noone will force evil demons upon you.
They will probably make you drink a lot of disgusting potions and try to heal your mind with barriers and memory replacement.. but at least you won't have an unwanted demon in you.

Darko

Lord of Altera
I've done it OCC. but they won't listen! Although I think they are starting to get it now.

Alailanible

Although it is fitting. They did have a tendency to blame everything on demons in those days, didn't they? :p

Martinko

Lord of Altera
Next time someone tells you you have a demon in you that you don't plan on having, just put your serious face on and say " No I don't, My mother had me tested".

And I do agree with you. You should be able to just be crazy. Not everything needs to be magical.
Lol, you watch Big Bang Theory? Best show ever!
But anyway, my character is similar to this, he turns into a monster at night, and tries to eat people, ( I can't use PvP on them so it gets hard) But when I just randomly stand there saying something like *Bite* they just tell me to leave or something, nothing that makes them get scared of the monster inside. :)

Alailanible

"Our whole universe was in a hot dense state, then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait..."
Was it like this in Altera too? :p (Big Bang Theory rules!)

Martinko, but is it a real monster or just your character losing his mind?

Darko

Lord of Altera
Yeah, I'm completely insane. No monsters or demons, I just want to kill my mother, like I did my father.

matyio

The original mute
darko, have you got a character bio up? If people keep saying you have a demon inside of you then point them to it in ooc or msg form. If not, then write up a quick one. Its not too hard and it provides a basis for your character. Also people in the age altera is set in did believe insanity was a demon inside of you, so they do have feet to stand on when they say that. :D

Darko

Lord of Altera
True mat, my bio is still in progress (it's really big). But I understand in this fantasy world, demons would be the first assumption. But to any healers or wizards out there, don't just assume.

Martinko

Lord of Altera
I mutant every night when the moonlight reaches me, and I turn human again when the sunlight reaches me. So I can actually save myself from turning into a monster if I get no moonlight on my skin.
Basically like a werewolf, except every night and I'm not a werewolf :p

And, I'm kinda loosing my mind trying to solve my issues with this. But I don't want to as this is my character, I'm not going to go to a Alteran wizard or some odd grumpy man who thinks he can heal me. To solve my issues. :)
*Russian is out of the building, to play Skyrim, like every other day, when he is single, like always, and is bored.*