Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

JustTooFabulous - Ban Appeal and Apology [Resolved - Unbanned]

JustTooFabulous

Lord of Altera
Its been one month since I (quite rightly) received a ban from the server, so I'll make no hesitation to appeal.

I'd like to say I've had time to 'think about my actions' but frankly, I haven't. I've just about finished my GCSE exams, during which I've barely had time to sleep (I'll point out now that I've no intention of using this as an excuse for rule-breaking, just saying where I've been). What I did was a pretty serious violation of the rules, presumably the worst seeing as it has the longest appeal delay. Because of this, I'm aware that this might be the last I see of the community, and vice-versa so firstly, I need to say thank you, for want of a better word, to the community as a whole.

There's a chance that this will be seen as hastily-articulated flattery in an attempt to improve my chances of being pardoned. I'm aware that this
a) would not work
b) Cannot be proved other wise, in any way other than my word.
So, you can believe it or you can dismiss it; there's not really much I can do about that. I simply feel obliged to offer my sincere thanks.

From the moment I joined the server, its been nothing but friendly and welcoming; the staff do not act as though they are of a higher importance than the regular players, everyone treats each other fairly and players and staff alike appear to be genuinely making an effort to be affable. All of these qualities I have failed to find even slightly replicated in any other gaming community, in a shameful use of cliché; this server is one in a million. The server on a role play basis is nothing short of brilliant; the community is willing to accept anyone, from people with no role play experience, to seemingly role playing veterans. Because of all this, I've managed to make some truly great friends on the server (ACU, Monkey, I'm looking at you) and had an overall pleasant experience on the server.

Now for the appeal.

Since writing ban appeals is anything but pleasant, I am going to come clean with every action I have committed that may be perceived as a rule violation, in hopes that this will be my first and last ban appeal. Honesty is the best policy, as they say.
- Obviously, X-Raying. (By use of Resource Pack)
- Abuse of /fly (I've used it roughly four or five times to fly from spawn to Port Silver to avoid paying for transport before I figured out the whole setting a home at Port Silver thing)
- Though this was roughly a year and a half ago, and a one-off, I'll say it anyway: Unconsented PvP
- Numerous accounts of Tax Evasion
- One stupid, Neck-Beardy athiest comment
- Minor thievery (A meagre Iron Ingot, but thievery no less)
- Ridiculously unrealistic RP armour (5 inch thick steel- Yeah... I know. I did get called out on it at the time and forced to change it, but again, still a crime)

I think that covers everything. So onto the topic at hand. I admit to using an X-Ray texture pack to search for diamonds and dungeons. I had no use for the prior, and used it to search for dungeons a lot more (mainly for Saddles and other Horse-Related items) I obviously can't recall exactly how much I used it, though I would guess that about seventeen diamonds were recovered in the process (Enough to make four redundant diamond swords and a diamond block). There's also a shop outside my Encampment in the Sorrows which sells illegitimately obtained saddles. Lastly, there will be numerous chests in Aellyrdale containing Horse Armour/Name Tags, also acquired via X-Raying. (it goes without saying all of these items will be incinerated immediately if I am pardoned, just let me know if you would rather I do it under supervision or a member of staff handles the matter). I am also aware that what I did/do with the illegitimate materials isn't really the main focus of the ban, but regardless I want to make sure everything is out on the table, so to speak.

I was wrong to think this was acceptable, I was naive to think I could get away with it and I was stupid to try to deny it. In doing this I have desecrated the hard-earned trust of the community, and in doing so, likely created a wound that will never fully heal. I am terribly sorry, I have cheated you all, and likely tarnished the reputation of those around me too, for even associating themselves with an X-Rayer. I have no excuses and no justifications for my actions, I can only apologise and with dismaying audacity, request to be forgiven. Needless to say I have promptly deleted all means of X-Raying, and haven't the slightest intention to reacquire them. If pardoned, I will thoroughly re-read the Tome of Citizenship and not a single rule will be broken by my hand again. If any of the other listed crimes need be appealed/apologised for, again just say the word. I am more than willing to re-apply to the server or do anything else deemed necessary by the staff. Even as an avid reader of the ban appeals archive (a guilty pleasure, if you will) I have not seen many appeals for X-Raying, therefore I don't really know the standard protocol for a pardoned X-Rayer, I'm simply speculating what might be requested by the staff.

With hopes of a swift resolution,
-Ryan (JTF)

Last edited:

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Ryan,

First I want to say thank you for making such a candid and open appeal. I really appreciate it.

I want to express to you how disappointing it was to find that you'd XRayed, but I think you've got a pretty good idea of that.

As for what will happen with the stuff you xrayed, Sally has mentioned that when we had more instances of xray, there would be xray auctions of what had been illegitimately mined. I'd like to try something similar, although a bit different. First I'll need to know roughly how many saddles/armor/nametags you obtained this way in order to determine if this will work.

Once we get that sorted, I will be pleased to unban your account.

JustTooFabulous

Lord of Altera
Thanks Som,
As for the items to Auction, I count from memory eight saddles, four diamond swords, a diamond block. The saddles are in a chest shop in my Sorrows encampment (Head straight out of the boat until you hit d_fry's market, then head right to Dead Sand Redoubt), and the diamond gear will be spread throughout the chests at the Aellyrdale docks. There will also be name tags and iron horse armour in the dock chests, I can't remember any exact figures, but I know that all of it was X-Ray obtained. I'll guess no more than five of each. If I've missed anything out, just let me know
-JTF

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Hey there, Ryan,

Sorry it's taking a bit. We're leaning towards unbanning, I just want to make sure that everything is figured out with the horse stuff. Once I check how many there are exactly, I'll get them all gathered and we'll have another chat~

Thanks for being patient.

Last edited:

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Sorry, it took a bit to find the stuff in Aellyr, and then things exploded. When you log on, I'll need to get the diamond picks and block from you to put with the other stuff. If ACU has used them (like he had several pieces of horse armor which are now destroyed), you'll need to get replacements from him.

What I was able to get:
  • 4 saddles (the rest had been sold at 99r a piece from what I could tell)
  • 4 nametags
  • 1 iron horse armor
What I would like you to do from here on out until these pieces and the diamond stuff is gone is to seek out new players who have just been whitelisted (from this point forward) and RP with them. And then, I would like you to donate a piece of this collection to each person (we'll break the block up into separate diamonds). I'll leave what exactly you give to each person up to you. Right now the stuff is in my pocket, so admins can get to it, but I'll work with Sally to get it to a spot that all staff can access.

Does this sound like something you can do? I'll wait for your response before unbanning you from the server.

JustTooFabulous

Lord of Altera
Yes, I can do that no problem. I can also take the money earned from the sold saddles and give that out as well, if you agree to that.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Yes, I can do that no problem. I can also take the money earned from the sold saddles and give that out as well, if you agree to that.
That would be lovely. Give me just a few minutes, and then try logging on.