Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Keyboard and mousê

Mrbubbles1951

Lord of Altera
Hi was looking at some keyboards and I came across ne that I really like the look of and I was wondering if anyone had any experience or opinions in this keyboard

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.211651300

I was also looking at a new mouse because I'm getting sick of my one freezing up and I was looking at this:

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.244052300

Now what I want from a keyboard is a nice sound when I hit a key not a silenced no-sound keyboard I also want it to have backlights for the keys and a macro ability so i can hit one button to do something that would normally take a few button presses.

I want a mouse that has nice buttons and i would like it to have a few extra mouse buttons.

Of you could give me your opinions on the ones I have chosen then I would be very grateful and any other either cheaper or better mouse or keyboard options would be appreciated

Thanks.

Kaies

Grand Lizard
The sidewinder keyboard is pretty good, but dont consider the sidewinder mice. I have the X8 and the middle mouse button never works, its a known problem. Razer is good but people have problems with the writing coming off buttons to easily or driver issues.

Wrayh

Loyal Servant of Altera
I had a razor mouse and like Kaies was saying the middle button never worked and it would constantly bug out.. only had it for about 8 months before it completely died the company said it was my fault and they wouldn't let me get a refund of return it even though it had a 1 year return policy...

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Microsoft comfort 4500 is the one I have. nice to hold and has a of button on the sides.

Kehza

Lord of Altera
I had a razer gaming mouse, two over four years. Really nice gaming mouse, although they don't last as long as i would've liked.. Search up merc stealth keyboards too

Mrbubbles1951

Lord of Altera
I think I will go with the razor keyboard cause it looks really nice and I can see myself getting on with it :p but I might keep my current mouse for now.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
I use a G19 keyboard which is frankly superb and super comfy to use (along with totally customisable screen and backlighting + endless macro keys.) and an aging G9 mouse, both logitech. I was a Razor enthusiast for years but lately their products have been feeling fairly plastic and focusing more on features than build quality.

I can't recommend a Logitech G19 keyboard enough if you have the cash, it'll last for years or if there's a newer model out go for that or the G13 if you don't need the screen. If I was looking for a new mouse I'd be all over this: http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/mice-pointers/mice/devices/5092

Wrayh

Loyal Servant of Altera
I use a G19 keyboard which is frankly superb and super comfy to use (along with totally customisable screen and backlighting + endless macro keys.) and an aging G9 mouse, both logitech. I was a Razor enthusiast for years but lately their products have been feeling fairly plastic and focusing more on features than build quality.

I can't recommend a Logitech G19 keyboard enough if you have the cash, it'll last for years or if there's a newer model out go for that or the G13 if you don't need the screen. If I was looking for a new mouse I'd be all over this: http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/mice-pointers/mice/devices/5092
DATS MA MOUSE :p

Mrbubbles1951

Lord of Altera
I think the logitech G110 is really good I just wonder if it's got some good feedback sounds nothing like that satisfactory clack as you troll someone on the forums :p

Axex

Lord of House Hawklight
I have a razer naga, deathadder, and blackwidow keyboard, they are great, but get horribly dirty really easily, the material they are made of just attracts grime, so that's some complaints. I have had them for around 6 months now with no complaints.

bettymorlock

Queen/I build cyber weapons dnt mess with me♥
like what halfmad said G19 for the keyboard, it really its one of the beast in the market I cant really say anything else.

but as for a mouse I have this and it work very well and is actually very cheap on new egg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826570012
$34.99 or 22 pounds atm

It fits very well in your hand and has the Dpi buttons under the middle mouse button but can be reprogrammed easily. Also it has 2 extra buttons for your thumb. For me I never really liked anything with more then 2 extra buttons they really just get in the way for me.

as for hot keys/macros though I can help you with that software wise pm me if your interested.

frank frappuccino

Lord of Altera
I'm useing (or well i'm not since i'm playing on a laptop but i used it when i played on my desktop) the logitech g15 keyboard and if the g19 is anything like it then it's brilliant

as far as the mouse goes i can't help you since i'm useing the mouse that came with word :p