Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Tristitiae

I think I might like it here
Okay, so this game, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, just came out this past Tuesday. I saw a few previews and trailers for it and was pretty optimistic about it. Little did I know..... This game has begun to suck the life out of me.

But don't worry! That's a good thing! KA:R is an AMAZING game! Sooooo, below here, I'm gonna give my rating for it.

---~0O0~---GAME RATING---~0O0~---
Name: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Xbox, PS3, PC)

Storyline: 9/10
Gameplay: 8/10
GUI: 8/10
Game Mechanics: 9/10
Customization: 7.5/10
Leveling: 7/10
Difficulty* **: 8/10

Overall Rating:8 /10

I would definitely recommend this game!

Summary:
You start off with the world in turmoil. A faction of Fae (immortal beings) called Tuatha Deohn have declared war on the world of Amalur in the name of their "god." Your character begins his/her adventure... dead. You're tossed down a pit, into a lovely, gruesome pile of rotting corpses. However, this is not the end of you (a poor story, that'd be...)! You awaken and must fight your way through the Allestar tower, the home of the Well of Souls, which brings you back to life. After escaping, you're thrust into a vast and colorful (for a time) world which is closing on the brink of destruction. Free from the bonds of Fate, the governing force of life and death among the mortals, you carve out your own story; be it one of crime and treachery, or one of valor and glory. Being free from Fate, you can choose your destiny, which includes three main classes (Might, Finesse, Sorcery), as well as several combinations of these to form a multitude of destinies that enhance your character's abilities and talents. A skill tree furthers your adventuring with detecting hidden treasure and secret areas, dispelling wards protecting chests, crafting new weapons and armor, enhancing your existing armor with special gems, and much more. While the leveling may be slow to start off, once you progress further in the story it'll kick into high-gear. Strap on your seat-belt as this game takes you on a wild and new ride for RPGs.

(Other game reviews will come shortly!)
(Enjoyed this review? Give support by "liking" this thread!)
(Was this review helpful? Please give feedback!)

*1 = stupidly easy/hard, 10 = very challenging but fun
** This is based on the "normal" game difficulty setting

--NOTE--
Disclaimer: this is NOT an official review; just my own personal opinion on the game as I have experienced it.

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
I will try this game out. Thank you very much for the wonderful, and detailed summary and review! :D

Tristitiae

I'm glad you found my review helpful! Once I've gone a little further in a few other games, I'll make more reviews. :)

ZETHCRON

Lord of Altera
I will die after getting this game, until i get it I'm immortal.

I'm assuming it is an honest review. I have been looking at this game for a while and, to me, it looks like skyrim in 3rd person at all times, that is as far as I can tell. I wish I could get it but my money is scarce. It would be great for people to say their "epic" moments in KA:R whether they were fails or not.

Axex

Lord of House Hawklight
Amazing game, and good review, the only problem with it is that is can be too easy at times, even on hard, and I hope they introduce a nightmare mode or something equivalent. Currently a level 21 battlemage and having a blast!

Tristitiae

Amazing game, and good review, the only problem with it is that is can be too easy at times, even on hard, and I hope they introduce a nightmare mode or something equivalent. Currently a level 21 battlemage and having a blast!
Lol funny thing is that I have a character in the same destiny line as you. xD

except I'm a level 25 Paragon. I just constructed my own greatsword and cuirass with sylvanite. 276 total damage, and over 750 total armor. My highest critical was 804 .-.

You want to hear an epic moment, Zeth? hm... Alrighty. An epic moment for me is when I fateshifted the Balor (gigantonormous beastie) and chucked an oversized spear into its eye.
Just to give you an idea of the size of the Balor, here's a picture.