Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Looking for: Highly Skilled Design - Architecture, Landscaping, and Perhaps Terraforming - Zephyr

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
The town is still under construction.

Some screenshots of my work-in-progress are available here:
http://worldofaltera.co.uk/threads/town-under-construction-zephyr-landing.27421/

Essentially, what can be seen is that although I do think I can interior decorate well, and I think I can nail the Desert Style aesthetic in some places - it's still pretty rough.

I have /always/ had a challenging time utilizing vertical space when building in minecraft. Usually all of my builds are flat and lacking in visual depth as a result, and I also have trouble avoiding the dreaded grid.

So, what I'm looking for help with, is three things:

One: I'm looking for help to redesign the terrain and placement of my existing buildings in a fashion that adds slope, elevation, and depth, while taking buildings off a strict linear, horizontal/vertical grid.

Two: I'm looking for blueprints and templates that I can use and reuse elsewhere in the town. Right now I have about 9 or so repeatable designs and an extensible "Lower Quality" section, but that's really lacking in variety and it'd be obvious when the buildings started tessellating. These are supposed to be individually decoratable as an individual's house, so the insides should be fairly generic.

Three: I'm looking for specific designs for a few particular building ideas.

I am open to probably compensating people if they really need it, but would rather make friends doing an interesting building project then turning it into a "Hiring a contractor" sort of thing. There's lots of different things I could work out.

Just putting this out there now to let people know that based on the interest shown in the in-progress thread that I will be stepping up to get this going more now. I had figured there wasn't much interest but I'm getting happier with people talking to me.

Cross-linked and cross-listed with:

http://worldofaltera.co.uk/threads/...caping-and-perhaps-terraforming-zephyr.28052/

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
The town is still under construction.

Some screenshots of my work-in-progress are available here:
http://worldofaltera.co.uk/threads/town-under-construction-zephyr-landing.27421/

Essentially, what can be seen is that although I do think I can interior decorate well, and I think I can nail the Desert Style aesthetic in some places - it's still pretty rough.

I have /always/ had a challenging time utilizing vertical space when building in minecraft. Usually all of my builds are flat and lacking in visual depth as a result, and I also have trouble avoiding the dreaded grid.

So, what I'm looking for help with, is three things:

One: I'm looking for help to redesign the terrain and placement of my existing buildings in a fashion that adds slope, elevation, and depth, while taking buildings off a strict linear, horizontal/vertical grid.

Two: I'm looking for blueprints and templates that I can use and reuse elsewhere in the town. Right now I have about 9 or so repeatable designs and an extensible "Lower Quality" section, but that's really lacking in variety and it'd be obvious when the buildings started tessellating. These are supposed to be individually decoratable as an individual's house, so the insides should be fairly generic.

Three: I'm looking for specific designs for a few particular building ideas.

I am open to probably compensating people if they really need it, but would rather make friends doing an interesting building project then turning it into a "Hiring a contractor" sort of thing. There's lots of different things I could work out.

Just putting this out there now to let people know that based on the interest shown in the in-progress thread that I will be stepping up to get this going more now. I had figured there wasn't much interest but I'm getting happier with people talking to me.

Cross-linked and cross-listed with:

http://worldofaltera.co.uk/threads/...caping-and-perhaps-terraforming-zephyr.28052/
I'm not so sure about land scraping.
But I'm sure I can come up with some great layouts and building blueprints for ya! I'd be happy to help :p

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
The people I've seen that make the best use of vertical space'd be...

Prooobably @bodejodel and Co. Whom I should just put an @ sign on and see if I can get in touch with~

Basically phase one of this project is figuring out how to use the available land more effectively and with more variation in verticality.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Well, I have no idea what you can do.

Can you send me an example of your work, and give me an idea what you'd plan to do?

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Come check out Azerport.

And idk what I plan to do yet. I look at the area. You tell me what you want. And I'll make a layout accordingly and follow it. The only prob I might have doing it is that I'm busy with Azerport ATM but I think it be din :D

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
I looked at the buildings present and I think they look great on a flat bit of land.
You might start to make the roads less straight, that already helps a lot.
Are there plans for a fort/castle? That would be nice to build on an elevation. If you are willing to pay the WE fee we can easily add some slope to the existing buildings... ;)

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Operative plan:

1: Lift and move buildings off of the terrain.

2: Add dunes, especially and at least two large points of elevation.

3: Nestle buildings in randomly amongst dunes.

4: Non-linear roads.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I painstakingly flattened it first. I'm to blame for my own mistake~

Now I need to unflatten it, which should actually be a bit easier after starting with a smooth canvas.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Operative plan:

1: Lift and move buildings off of the terrain.

2: Add dunes, especially and at least two large points of elevation.

3: Nestle buildings in randomly amongst dunes.

4: Non-linear roads.
Well why didn't you mention this XD