Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

looking for teacher

brokkscast

Official Alteran
hello as the title says i am looking for someone that can teach me how to draw epic pics like most of you do.

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Practice. Practice practice. Practice practice practice.
Practice replicating pictures/other drawings. Practice drawing 3D objects. Practice drawing what you see, not what you think you see.
Practice. Practice practice. Practice.

bettemus99

Roleplay keeper
:3 But remember to keep drawing something you -like-. Keep moving movin' movin'~ Keep them pencils moving, drawiiiiiiiiiiings~

Camernater3

Lord of Altera
Also when I draw I already know what I'm going to draw looks like VERY well so close examination of pictures and descriptions may help

Kellie

Storm's Landing Wanderer
Try replicating other work/pictures, that way you can reference back to make sure the head isn't too big for the body... When I began, I often used grids to help guide my drawings. If you use an image and draw a grid on it, then draw a grid on your canvas, you can easily see where certain lines should be placed. Practice is also the key, unlike rolling your tongue, art can be learnt. It's just a matter of time and patience. If you keep at it, you will only improve.
Most importantly, the best artwork is not always about the technical skill delivered, but more about the idea behind the image.
Good luck, and have fun!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
What I did: I started with a fascination for something. Inspiration as well. That feeling you get after you've watched an epic movie.

As a kid I played with my light-saber on the streets all day after watching star wars.
Now, I used to be a Dwarf and I got so inspired by the roleplays I had, so I thought to myself: Let's draw that dwarf I just roleplayed with! And thus I started and so I grew in skill and now I can draw character portraits.

So what you need is inspiration, the will to create and a huge amount of practice! :)