Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Metroid Prime 3: CORRUPTION

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
This is really a Wii game but... this was the closest forum I could find...

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is an amazing game that is the most recent game in the Metroid series. It is probably the best Wii game I have ever played.

Samus, the main character, a bounty hunter (which somehow bounty hunters of this type aren't illegal in this world), is requested by the federation when an approaching fleet of pirates attacks most suddenly. After narrowly escaping a swarm of small pirate grub-like creatures, Samus makes her way to the hangar, where she kills a massive pirate lord. She then boards her ship and goes to the surface of the planet below, where the pirates have struck. A massive rock from space containing Phazon - a highly energized, deadly, virus-like substance - plummets towards the planet. It is called a Leviathan. Samus and the other bounty hunters work to get the three main generators back online that supply power to the massive planetary defense cannon. After activating them, the team boards the lift and go up to the cannon, which they aim at the Leviathan. Just as the cannon fires, the window shatters suddenly, and a dark gray ball plummets down and morphs into a strange dark version of Samus. The bounty hunters try to defend themselves, but are all shot by the Dark Samus, including Samus herself. When Samus wakes up, she is aboard the orbiting ship, after the pirate strike has ended. She wakes up to see a screen in front of her which says she is "corrupted" with Phazon. She does not realize what this means yet, however. As the story continues, she finds the other bounty hunters, whom contact had been lost with. She finds a nasty surprise when she finds them. She also realizes what is happening to her...

In this third installment in the epic Metroid series, the graphics are amazing and seamless. The story line is intense and suspense awaits around every turn.

If you have a Wii, then get this game. Although you are playing as a woman, you hardly even know it. Just the occasional reflection of your female eyes on your helmet visor, and of course during cut scenes.

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
Will Necro this as it's one of my favourite game series ever, and this was my favourite one. It was awesome.
I never got to finish Metroid Prime. I got half way, and then was repeatedly killed by Dark Samus and a Giant plant after a boss battle :[

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Well, correction: she finds out what's happening to her as soon as things start to go wrong.

SPOILER BELOW:

There is a point at which Samus enters Hypermode in order to clear out some phazon vines, and suddenly the meter turns red and begins to increase. This is Corrupted Hypermode. She must fire her weapon until the meter drains, or resist the increasing phazon for 20 seconds, in order to prevent total corruption of her, resulting in a game over. After successfully resisting, she receives a transmission from Aurora Unit 242 (the one encountered at the beginning of the game which instructs Samus throughout) that they just picked up very strange life signs from her, and warns her to be careful. Later, it is revealed that by installing the Phazon Enhancing Device (PED) into her, they put her in grave danger by allowing the Phazon spreading in her heart to spread through her very quickly when in Hypermode. However, it is explained that this would have happened even quicker and without Hypermode had they not installed the device.