Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Monthly contest] Custom items creation - July - Finished

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Hello everybody!

With the release of the new items on the server, and seeing that we have in our community some talented people at making custom skins, we decided to start a new monthly contest!

What is it exactly?
Yes, this is a custom skin creation contest. But a little special :)
Indeed, for once, all this is needed is the head!
Each month (if the entries are compliant enough with the rules, theme and guidelines), we will choose one amongst the best ones and it will have the honour to be added to the server, as a custom head item, craftable and/or droppable (we will set the details with you, the winner! ^^), such as the ones you recently saw! :)
Such as these ones:
Heads_Part3.jpg

What about a theme?
Some months will feature a theme
, or even an item name, always an indispensable RP item that our server desperately lack.
Some months will be theme free, and then it will be to you to make your own item!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This month theme is:

Liquid containers! (and their content of course :D)
Things like glasses, bottles, barrels, potions...
Whatever that fit in that description!
--------------------
Deadline is:
Monday 1st of August
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rules!
- You must be the original creator of the submitted texture (you can inspire from things found on internet, nobody can forbid you from doing that, but copy/pasta and posting something you didn't create, even with a few pixels changed here and there, is plagiarism. And we don't like that here on HW).
- Your entry must fit on a Minecraft head (see below for guidelines)
- It must be medieval! No modern items, no silly items, no billy ray cyrus, and nothing too high-fantasy! (it has to not look out-of-place on the server, on shelves, in houses, in shops... It has to be believable!)

Prizes?
Why, seeing your item be added to the server! Isn't it a great reward by itself? :D
You will also elect yourself to have your creation displayed in the future Hall of Creations, a special room on the server to showcase you, awesome skin makers!! :p

Okay okay, I see what you mean.
If you need some dough, here's something to inspire you:
1st place: 10000 Radiants
2nd & 3rd place: 5000 Radiants

How to enter?
All you have to do is send me your entry via a forum convo, with the following elements:
- the final texture
- a preview of your item
- your IGN

Here's an example of a simple entry:
wilson.png wilson3D.jpg
(yes, this is Wilson. So what? :D)
The picture is small, it's normal, Minecraft skins are quite small, 64px wide only are needed! :)

Custom heads, how to?
But, ptiber, I don't know how to do this, or that, or...!
Well well well! If you want to enter here, you might as well get used to it!

Here's a list of skin specific websites or software you can use for that:
- MC Skin 3D - Free software (that one is good! try it!)
- Novaskin editor - Website
- Minecraft Skins editor - Website
- Need cool shoes - Website
- Wondercraft skin creator - Website

Or, alternatively, you can use any of your favourite picture manipulation software!
- Photoshop
- Paint.net
- Aseprite (I particularly recommend that one! :))
- even Paint! (yeah, well, nobody's perfect... ^^)
- or any other of your choice...

And if you need tips or help for how to make a skin or how to ramp up your skin making, you can look on internet, google is your friend! (stuff like this, that or that might help you...?)
That page is particularly useful if you're wondering what parts of the image go to what part of the final model in-game.

Good luck, and have fun doing these! :D

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I tried to create a tea-pot but I failed miserably :')
Good luck and have fun to those who are joining this competetion!

P.S. It doesn't say in the contest rules that copying an existing item from the internet is not allowed.
Does this mean you don't have to create it yourself?

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
I tried to create a tea-pot but I failed miserably :')
Good luck and have fun to those who are joining this competetion!

P.S. It doesn't say in the contest rules that copying an existing item from the internet is not allowed.
Does this mean you don't have to create it yourself?
Yeah, forgot that. I'm going to add it to the rules, of course you have to be the creator of the texture :)

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Im gonna try my hand at a barrel- it seems odd to be so small- but anything to make more cargo blocks for ships and docks and such.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
We're more than halfway through the contest :)
I know we can get more entries! :D

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
There's only 2 days remaining for that contest, if you want to submit your entry it might be the time for that! :)
And don't be shy, submit, submit, let's give us more awesome things to look at! :D