Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] Middleman Mail Anonymizer Discussion

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
There is a poll on NS for the topic, but this thread is for more in-depth discussion of the possibility of a scripted anonymizer. What are your thoughts on it? Should development be pursued? Would the service be useful enough to justify the cost of running it?

Planned features of the service:
- Makes your messages anonymous unless you name yourself as the sender in the body of the telegram.
- Can be used as a cheaty mass-mailer that doesn't use stamps, making it handy for declaring a world event
- A blacklist of nations that are banned from using the service
- Log-keeping in the event of foul play such as impersonation of staff or bullying

Current Pros/Cons:

Pros:
- Kills metagaming dead by removing the sender label
- Good web dev project for me
- [Other pros to be added as found through discussion]

Cons:
- Requires always-on server so telegrams can be delivered in timely manner
- Fairly ambitious web dev project for someone relatively unfamiliar with it
- [Other cons to be added as found through discussion]

Don't rate without a comment.

Last edited:

Gregor

Lord of Altera
While I love the idea and would gladly make use of it, I am unsure if the effort on your side is worth it

I would gladly make use of it however.

CaliburofSouls

Lord of Altera
I think it would be a cool idea, although I myself probably would hardly ever use it, only because I never use the telegram system anyway.