Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New town?

N

Nathan Basore

My IGN is Icarnus, my player name is Eric Killian and I have not yet been whitelisted.
Before you say "you can't post without being whitelisted" or something like that, I will say that I have already submitted the app and I'm pretty sure I will be granted entry.

Is it possible for one to make a new town? Is there something that player has to do to do this?
And is there space for a new town?

I really enjoy leading and commanding and I love to build, so I was wondering if I could possibly make a new town called Corinthium Or Coralis (Pick One)

So far without even being whitelisted yet this server is hands down amazing.

Im thinking if I get permission to make this village/town/city it will start as a town for collecting lumber and then it can develop into a huge castle and do everything.

~Icarnus

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Anyone can do it, unless they've changed it since last time I played, although it costs a specific amount of in-game money, and also has some other requirements as well, I believe.

There should be plenty of space, as the map is gigantic.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Well, summer just ended, so people are back in school and such, but I suppose it mostly peaks in weekends and holidays.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Towns often seem dead, 'cause there's so many of them, but players usually gather in very few specific towns, and therefore many are left empty.

#AngryboyLikesEverything

N

Nathan Basore

check again in 2-3 hours and i dare you to say that again :p. also, Welcome!
You talking about people or cities?

People: depends when you're online. A few years back, we use to get around 50+ players during events. Without events, maybe 20 or so depending on the time of day. This is a global community, after all.
Cities: when was the last time you saw two cities being a 5-minute drive away from each other? This is a roleplaying server, its expected the settlements would be quite some distance. Gives people room to grow and also put distance between potential enemies.
Yeah that's true, sorry for the ignorant comment everyone.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
My IGN is Icarnus, my player name is Eric Killian and I have not yet been whitelisted.
Before you say "you can't post without being whitelisted" or something like that, I will say that I have already submitted the app and I'm pretty sure I will be granted entry.

Is it possible for one to make a new town? Is there something that player has to do to do this?
And is there space for a new town?

I really enjoy leading and commanding and I love to build, so I was wondering if I could possibly make a new town called Corinthium Or Coralis (Pick One)

So far without even being whitelisted yet this server is hands down amazing.

Im thinking if I get permission to make this village/town/city it will start as a town for collecting lumber and then it can develop into a huge castle and do everything.

~Icarnus
Hey there!

So to answer your question, anyone can build a town, yes! However- In order to be able to create a region, you need to first buy the "Noble Title" which costs 50k. It takes a bit to save up for such, and sort of gives you time to save up and building your character. We get a lot of brand new people come in and sometimes folks rush the region and then don't stick around the server, leaving us with a lot of abandoned/unfinished/WIP regions.

So you gotta save up to purchase Noble, which gives you the perms for region claiming. Once you have noble, then you need another 50k to actually claim a single plot to begin a region, culminating at 100k. Every plot, or 16x16 chunk after that is an extra 2.5k.

So starting a region is expensive to ensure players are dedicated to their projects. Once you join, you can vote every day to save up that money, and always take IC jobs that sometimes come with OOC pay as well. Or even sell your building services to other folks to help make money. :D

Hope this answers your question. However, I believe all of this is in the Survival Guides that you're required to read, so give a look through that again if you want a refresher. :)

N

Nathan Basore

So I would have to save 50 thousand Radiants? Because when I voted earlier I just got emeralds.

If I have to save 50 thousand Emeralds that's a different story.
I almost like the idea of having to store the money instead of just doing /money or /bal

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
So I would have to save 50 thousand Radiants? Because when I voted earlier I just got emeralds.

If I have to save 50 thousand Emeralds that's a different story.
I almost like the idea of having to store the money instead of just doing /money or /bal
Well, you would need 50,000 radiants for Noble Title. Another 50,000 radiants to actually buy the region to begin. So really you would need 100,000 radiants.

When you vote, you get emeralds. These can be traded for radiants at Emerald banks at a rate of 1:20.

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
You have to save 50,000 radiants for a nobility title, then another 50,000 to purchase your first piece of land.
An emerald is worth 20 radiants, so each time you vote you get 30 emeralds (600 radiants).

Catalyst

Lord of Altera
Server Outreach
Good
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
CatalysTftw
CatalysTftw
Good
You can exchange the emeralds for radiants. I believe 10 emeralds gets you 200 radiants. You can exchange in the building beside the east wall of the Crossroads tavern (I think it's the east wall anyway)

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
So I did some math for you and it will take 84 days of voting everyday on both sites to collect the 100k needed to start a new town. That's if you don't spend a single radiant elsewhere. As other folks have said I would look around at the town threads and see if any of them appeal to you. I know some folks have most of their town inhabitants on Skype and will talk on there to make sure folks can be online to chat. Other folks have alts in town that are inactive until they receive a poke for potential RP. So even if a town looks deserted it may actually be quite active. Post on the town thread if your interested any active town will reply within a day or so (if not less), if not keep looking.

If you're really intent on making a town I wouldn't dissuade you but you need to take into account just because you build it does not mean folks will show up. They might do so OOC for curiosities sake but there needs to be an RP reason for their characters to show up. Also while not required having some lore about the town and surrounding area is always a plus and shows folks your serious.

Also a town is a constant radiant drain as anybody who owns one can tell you. You start wanting to expand past your original borders, you think of cool buildings to add, you think about how if your old builds were bad in comparison and should be redone, etc. I am co-owner of two regions and I keep thinking of things to expand and make it better. All these things take radiants and time which results in me being broke most of the time.

Also I highly recommend buying pocket and multiple homes first as those two buys are such improvements in the quality of life it's insane. Combine that's a 40k investment which is hefty but I consider well worth.

N

Nathan Basore

So I did some math for you and it will take 84 days of voting everyday on both sites to collect the 100k needed to start a new town. That's if you don't spend a single radiant elsewhere. As other folks have said I would look around at the town threads and see if any of them appeal to you. I know some folks have most of their town inhabitants on Skype and will talk on there to make sure folks can be online to chat. Other folks have alts in town that are inactive until they receive a poke for potential RP. So even if a town looks deserted it may actually be quite active. Post on the town thread if your interested any active town will reply within a day or so (if not less), if not keep looking.

If you're really intent on making a town I wouldn't dissuade you but you need to take into account just because you build it does not mean folks will show up. They might do so OOC for curiosities sake but there needs to be an RP reason for their characters to show up. Also while not required having some lore about the town and surrounding area is always a plus and shows folks your serious.

Also a town is a constant radiant drain as anybody who owns one can tell you. You start wanting to expand past your original borders, you think of cool buildings to add, you think about how if your old builds were bad in comparison and should be redone, etc. I am co-owner of two regions and I keep thinking of things to expand and make it better. All these things take radiants and time which results in me being broke most of the time.

Also I highly recommend buying pocket and multiple homes first as those two buys are such improvements in the quality of life it's insane. Combine that's a 40k investment which is hefty but I consider well worth.
Yeah but what do you mean buying pocket?

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
He is very right about this.

Pockets are donator perks that basically provide you with a small personal area that only you can teleport to (you can invite others too) and store your personal belongings. Or you can grow food there, whatever you need. Its kind of like a safe-haven for the player.
What he said.

They cost 30k in game which is a lot but trust me they are great. You can port to them from the sorrows, restock, unload and port right back to where you were and keep going. Extremely convenient and fun. If you want to look at one I'm sure someone in OOC chat would be willing to show theirs off. If you see me online hit me up and I'll show you what it is and how it works.

The extra homes allows you to set more homes. Members come standard with 2, for 5k you can get 3 homes for 10 you get 4. I recommend you simply save up and buy the 4 home as it saves money.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Oh. They've changed in the past year?
Yup, I think they went something like contributor perk-40/50k-30k in the time frame. Though I'm not positive about the in between step. By the time I got serious enough to consider buying it the price was 30k.