Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Inactive Nuvan Kegheart

Fredolator

Lord of Altera
Nuvan Henry Kegheart
1623368126226.jpeg

((NOT MY ART! -- This belongs to some guy on Deviantart))
Other Names: Nuvie
Titles: Blessed of the Allfather

Race: Dwarf
Sexuality: Straight
Current Residence: Linistel Market Square
Relationship Status: Too early to tell.
Social Status: Single, ready to mingle.

Physical Appearance:

Height: 4' 6".
Weight: 147 lbs.
Eye Color: Light Brown
Skin Color: Fairly pale white.
Shape of Face: Squarish
Distinguishing Features: Bronze hair and beard.
Build of Body: Muscular.
Hair Color: Shiny Bronze.
Hair Style: Messy.
Complexion: Clean.
Posture: Good, for a dwarf.
Is Seen By Others As: Rowdy, humorous, and well-meaning.
Scars: A small white scar at the back of the base of his neck, caused by a dagger. A scar over his throat from a mortal wound, and a small scar around his right eye.
Voice: Dwarfish, not as thick of an accent as others.

Personality:

Likes: A good drink, good filling food, the appreciation of his siblings, the look of a clean blade, the feel of a worn-in smith hammer, and the presence of those who care about him.
Dislikes: Suspicious figures, being alone for extended periods of time, poor-quality alcohol, getting lost.
Strengths: Is durable and fairly good with survival skills. Being a dwarf means he's better suited to certain hostile environments. He's fairly persuasive if he needs to be. He has a good deal of raw strength, and combat knowledge.
Weaknesses: Can be callous and blunt with his dialogue, but he's trying to fix that. He doesn't enjoy the feeling of insulting people and is trying to learn to be calmer in social settings to help prevent that. While he has a fair deal of intelligence, it's not something he prides himself on. He's not very away of acute details, and he's not very nimble because of his stature.
Fears: He has a fear of disappointing his siblings, especially his brother Ruvan. He's generally afraid of Vyres and the Undead, as well as the thought of something happening to his family. Nuvan also has a slight fear of people who hide their identity by a mask or costume.
Values: He values friendship and family, as well as the devotion someone puts into a good craft, whether that be alcohol, woodworking, tailoring, and especially blacksmithing. He values a good sense of humor, seeing it as a good social skill. He also feels that honoring tradition is important, but understands that we need to move forward as people.
Education: Basic, but not very book-smart. The only books he actively studies currently are religious tomes. He is literate, however.
Languages: The Common Tongue, and Horgaahn. Nuvan believes that the ancient dwarven tongue should be brought back.
General Attitude: He often regards people with a nod or a smile, judging their overall demeanor as to how he should react. He's usually laid back and relaxed, but can spring into action if he feels something is wrong.
Religious Inclination: He follows the dwarven god Korog, having been blessed for his profound faith.
General Intelligence: Nuvan is generally fairly intelligent, but not very perceptive, especially when being manipulated by his fears.
General Sociability: He generally tends to be sociable.
Alignment: Not sure lol I haven't played DnD to extent yet I don't have time.

Short Term Goals: Make better blades, and make more friends. Settle in to Linistel, and defend it when necessary. Take care of Hyoga. Help Euclid manage his smithy, and make his family proud:

• Tally down materials and update the shop page.
  • Commission Raelur the Dunmer Dark Elf MOOR ELF for woodworking materials, staves and handles.
  • Advertise.
  • Obtain 36 books and quills for tenets of Korog and possible letters to write.
  • Protect his sissie for being a great f*cking character.
  • MEET THE GREYLINGS.
  • Spread hugs and headpats in the name of Dwarf Dad.
  • Practice Combat when possible.
  • Gather materials.

Long Term Goals: Increase his faith in, and awareness of, Korog, in several different ways.

• Send Supplies to the rebuilding of the Cathedral as an act of perseverance in Korog's name
  • Personally help rebuild the Tilted Whale into a more low-profile, dwarven-themed tavern, as an act of perseverance and of the craft in Korog's name
  • Claim a mountain in Korog's name with the help of the other Korogites and dwarves.
  • Fix up the smithy to be all nice and shiny.
  • Possibly help his sister with her worship in the name of his family and of Korog.
  • Make a set of six platinum holy symbols and pair them with one of the six tenets of the Allfather, then send them out to his best friends and family.
  • Possibly go into Nid Arach if I have a big enough deathwish, and if I can rally enough goofballs to form a coherent party. Those mines aren't going to sanctify themselves, Korog!

Skills:

Nuvan is more inclined to physical actions, whether that be swordplay, melee weaponry, raw strength, fistfighting, or throwing weaponry.

Swordplay (7/10)
Nuvan is proficient in sword fighting. He's best at using arming swords, but he can wield large weapons well as long as they don't have long blades (i.e: Greatswords). He likes warhammers and axes as well.
Archery (1/10)
He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
Throwing Weapons (5/10)
Nuvan's been working hard to improve his knife and axe throwing. ((DISCLAIMER: Nuvan has 1 point of focus in ranged for throwing weaponry like knives and tomohawks.))
Grappling (5/10)
Nuvan is fairly good in unarmed combat, whether that be wrestling somebody to the ground, or sucker-punching the mask off of an over-prideful Matador.
Evasion (1/10)
Being a dwarf has its disadvantages, and Nuvan hasn't made any effort to overcome his lack of dexterity.
Persuasion (4/10)
Depending on the situation, he could win people over, but in others he has a hard time doing so.
Determination (3/10)
His mental constitution isn't very strong, and is prone to being manipulated by his fears. However, he has made great strides in overcoming them through exposure and information.
Intelligence (5/10)
Depending on the task at hand, Nuvan could go either way with helping or hurting in his mental acuity. He can read and write quite well, however.
Crafting Experience (7/10)
Nuvan knows how to put time and effort into a product he feels passionate about, whether that's a craft ale or a well-crafted blade.
Survival (6/10)
Being a dock worker as a teen and surviving in the rough has taught him to endure hardships quite well.
Cooking (5/10)
Nuvan can fix something up for you.

Actual Stats:

Body: 2
Mind: 1
Soul: 1

Awareness: 0
Ranged: 2+ (Focus in throwing weapons)
Handling: 0
Determination: 1
Fortitude: 1 + 1 (Dwarven Passive)
Medicine: 0
Might: 2
Evasion: 0
Stealth: 0
Survival: 2
Melee: 4
Guile: 0
Thievery: 0
Lore: 0
Intimidation: 1
Crafting 1 + 2 (Dwarven Passive)
Grappling: 1

Possessions:

Wardrobe: He wears a tattered, faint red cloak that's seen use. He usually wears leather outfits with buckles and lots of pockets to fit his things. He has formal wear for fancier events and religious ceremonies, with a lapel pin of the Holy Symbol of Korog, a gilded axe and hammer over an anvil. For certain colder environments like Halbed, he has winter wear as well. Ultimately his clothes are simple and rugged, and suit well for just about anything.

Jewelry: Nuvan often wears a Golden Holy Symbol of Korog as an amulet around his neck. Sometimes he uses a silver one instead.

Pets/Animals: None, unless you count Hyoga :p

Owned Homes: Lives in a house not far from the Tilted Whale in Storm's Landing, and a bunkhouse in Linistel. He also owns a smithy in Linistel called the Axe and Hammer.

Carried Inventory: An Irzir-Fyr sword that he made himself, or a light, maneuverable Hunting Sword made by his friend Thryss Vendolyn. Nuvan also has an irzis-fyr hand-axe. He usually carries some rope and a few dry wood torches, as well as a tinderbox. A good amount of provisions for snacking. He carries a few bloodvines on him in case he gets into Vyre trouble. Sometimes he carries various throwing daggers. He also carries a canteen full of water on most of his trips.

General Inventory: A few rare types of drinks, such as Sugarplum Wine. He has a magical, golden singing bass that he keeps out of the way, because if anybody comes too close it sings and doesn't stop. Most of his money is in radiants, but he has a few emeralds. He has various trinkets and items he has around his homes. He has a large, everlasting dagger that is an artifact of Korog, made by King Thordil Beremur.

General Wealth: Enough to live comfortably. Fairly well-off. He's a self-made bladesmith and part-time adventurer.

Health:

Illnesses: None.
Allergies: None that he knows of.
Injuries: Currently none.
Sleeping Habits: Pretty poor, sometimes he takes naps during the day.
Energy Levels: Fairly high.
Eating Habits: Usually he eats light snacks and provisions, but enjoys a good, hearty meal.
Exercise Habits: He travels usually, and practices sword combat. Most of his exercise comes from working his forge.
Memory: Decent, better at remembering people, places and facts, rather than details.
Unhealthy Habits: He tries to keep hygiene, but the constant working environment can lead him to neglect it occasionally. He does his best to regularly visit the bath house in Linistel. He tends to get very stressed when confronted and interrogated.
Drinking Habits: He doesn't drink too often, but he enjoys a nice ale or whiskey.

History:

Birthplace: Tambry, the old continent.

Childhood: Nuvan lived in a lower-class area with his siblings, and worked at the docks and shipyards, while some others produced bootleg alcohol. As soon as the exodus happened, we all fled.

Teen Years: Mostly living on his own or with his siblings. He learned to bunk up and survive well enough on his own.

Adulthood: After living in Queensport for a short time, Nuvan was split up with his siblings after the Undead invasion, living rough and on the road for a time before settling into Storm's Landing. Nuvan lives in Linistel with his family, helping at the bar, though they still own property in the Landing.

Family History: Ma Kegheart was a trooper, seeing how Nuvan has around 8 siblings.

Past Places of Residences: Tambry, Storm's Landing.

Places Traveled: The area around Storm's Landing, Linistel, and occasionally Wellspring.

Combat:

Peaceful or violent: Depends on the situation, he usually tries to avoid confrontation but will escalate things if he loses his temper or if tensions rise.

Weaponry: Is mostly proficient with shorter-range weaponry and grappling, but knows how to use an arming sword fairly well. He's currently working on his throwing weapon ability. Can't wield big weapons as efficiently, besides a warhammer or battleaxe.

Combat Training: Basic training, with hand-axes, daggers, and swords.

Training & Skills:

[Insert listed of skills/talents/things they’re trained in here]

Expert Blacksmith
Assistant Bartender
General civil servant (I guess)
Friend of the Azarin Line of Vyres.
Part-time Adventurer.

Other Trivia:

Occupation: An expert smith at his smithy in Linistel, the Axe and Hammer. Nuvan has an apprentice named Euclid who's a construct and enjoys his work dearly. He puts his wares on the auction house, sometimes.
Favorite Types of Food: Seasoned Meat and Potatoes, a good stew, bread and cheese, or chicken.
Favorite Types of Drink: Well crafted ale or whiskey.
Hobbies/Pastimes: Occasionally he goes out mining for certain materials he crafts with, he also enjoys chatting and certain gambling games.
Favorite Colors: Gold, Red, and Orange.

Relationships:

Truly Loved:

Ruvan Kegheart: As the eldest brother o' our family, I tend teh' follow yer' word over others. I wish teh' make ye' happy an' I do the best I can wit' the various tasks that come wit' the bar. Ah’ will help ye’ defend Linistel t’ th’ best of me’ ability. Know tha’ ye’ have me’ back. (Familial Love as older brother)

Huvan Kegheart: Yer' disgustin', cheap, an' crude, but so are all of us. Yer' a good person teh' be around, an' bring life to the tavern. (Familial Love as older brother)

Hellmann Kegheart: Yer’ me’ favorite sister by a long shot, due t’ how great ye’ are t’ be around and t’ how awesome ye’ can be. I really look up ta’ ye’ an’ yer’ bravery in everythin’ ye’ do. Though ye’ can sometimes be hard t’ find, I always somehow am able tar’ contact ye’ when I need ye’, an’ th’ other way around. I don’ think I’ll ever get used to how uncomfortable ye’ sometimes make me, what wit’ all the creepy shite ye’ do, but I trust ye’ always and ye’ always mean well. I’ll always stand by yer’ decisions, ye’ knucklehead, an’ I love ye’ t’ death. (Familial love as younger sister)

Lorabella: Yer' cute, fun teh' be around, an' a great addition t' our big family. We'll do anythin' we can teh' support ye' through the troubles you're been havin'. I love ye' so, an' yer' such a fantastic niece. Please, jus' stay safe fer' me. (Familial love as niece)

Hyoga: Ye' need a home, an' a people teh' protect ye'. Ye' work too hard at th' Tilted Whale to be homeless, an' yer' like family to th' Keghearts. (Familial love as adoptive son)

Romantic Interests:

I can wait...

Trusted Friends:

Dayton Erarh: I seriously misunderstood ye' when we first met. Despite yer' Vyrehood, yer' a great man wit' a heart o' gold, an' I take pride in sayin' it. Ye've also taught me a bit about how teh' bring Korog into me' heart. I thank ye' fer' all ye've done.

Clifford Raymond: Yer' a regular at the Tilted Whale, an' yer' as determined an' hardy as an ox. Yer' a good person teh' have at yer' side, and ye' always have somethin' new teh' say.

Loriss: Yer' really pretty, an' got a good sense o' taste. I don' wanna get in th' way o' you an' Hellmann raisin' Lorabella, an' ye definitely need some space fer' that. Ye' seem like a good person at heart an' if Hellmann trusts ye' that much, then so do I. I wish ye' wouldn' tease me as much, but I'm happy fer ye' an' me' sister together.

Malark Tallstag: I apologize fer' bein' callous in regards to yer' Vyrehood, an' I feel like ye've been through a lot. Ah'm proud that yer' a better smith than I and a good drinkin' mate. Ye’ always have our backs an’ I’m glad t’ have ye’ as me’ friend.

Anwar Attia: Bein' an established tailor is a good skill, and ye' seem like an educated sort. Ah'm glad I know ye' as well as I do, since yer' a great man teh' be around and very pleasant tae' talk to. I’m so happy tha’ ye’ became a blessed o’ Sallana. It really suits ye’.

Ginnian Fritch: Thanks tae' Hellmann, I've become good friends wit' most o'yer crew. Yer' a nice man an' a good fit fer' Fyn. I hope yer' both happy together.

Fronslin Menguar: I don' exactly trust th' voodoo ye' practice so well, but ye've been such a good friend an' been helpin' me wit' me' issues. It's only fair I help ye' as much as I can in th' city.

Thryss Vendolyn: Ah'm so glad ye' found a partner in Dayton, an tha' yer' both happy. You bein' a vyre doesn't really change much, long as ye' keep yer'self civil, an' it's always a treat seein' you in th' bar.

King Thordil Beremur: Th' one, th' only. Always th' life of th' party when ye' show up, jus' wish ye' would show yer' face a bit more outside o'th' mountain. I will be yer' liege until th' very end, sire. If there's anythin' needin' tae' be done, by th' hairs o'Korog's beard I'll get it done.

Euclid the Construct: Ye' work real hard an' enjoy th' craft. I'm happy t' have ye' as me' apprentice, an' I hope t' teach ye' well.

Friendly With:

Cerelia: When I first found ye', I thought ye' were a vagrant. But now I see tha' yer' a poor soul in need of a good home, an' I'm so glad I could help Valtae an' Frons tae' look after ye'.

Freia: I hated havin' teh' deal wit' that creepy kid. Ye' didn't deserve that kinda treatment an' I wish the best fer ye' goin' forth.

Xozu Zalster: Ye' seem like a good man, and ye' got good wares teh' sell. I jus' wish I knew a bit more about ye'.

Adora: Ye' seem like a good person, an' ye' got a good head on yer' shoulders, but ye' might wanna heed more respect teh' establishments and authority. If someone asks ye' teh' give 'em their weapon fer safety reasons, ye' should do it.

Raelur: Ye can really work wit’ wood. Tha's cool. Yer' also quite skilled in combat, maybe I could learn a few things.

Valtae Menguar: Ye' nurtured me' back t' health! Ah' still thank ye' fer all yer' help, an' I'm glad tha' Lorabella looks up to ye'.

Olga Stonecutter: Ah, it was such a treat seein' ye' at Aeroch Rimtar, an' I hope tae' visit ye' again soon. Th' surface lands may be chaotic but I'm doin' me' best tae' impact our community in a positive way.

Lana Wake: Yer' devotion tae' scholarly pursuits amazes me. Ah'm no' what ye'd call a man o'intellect but tha' is truly impressive t'me. An' yer' defense of Linistel is steadfast, an' I'm doin' th' best I can t' help ye' out, since I know ye' can't do it alone.

Loose Acquaintances:

Edger Kress: Ah'm so happy tha' ye've been takin' Korog to ye' heart, an' ah'think I could learn a few things from ye' an' yer' smithin'. I jus' don't know ye' enough tae' make a better opinion, but maybe that'll change.

Karn the Greyling: Yer' a good wee man, an' wise beyond yer' years. I trust ye' in yer' position o'Skraag's faith an' I'll try an' be mindful of th' whole Holy Symbol deal whenever ye' come by.

Branko Callas: Can't imagine we'll every be friends. If there's business tae' be done, we cooperate an' then go our separate ways. I haven' done anythin' tae' earn yer' disfavor, an' I'd like t' keep it tha' way. If anyone asks, we don' have any relation, because we don't. Me' sister's closer tae' ye' because of yer' faith an' I respect tha', but I'd like t' stay away if I can.

Disfavored Individuals:

Kinyago: Yer' out o' yer' mind, an' drove a young Caparii an' I inteh' th' sewers teh' see a disgustin', moldy skull. Ye' need help, man. An' it better come fast before ye' piss off th' wrong person an' get yer' head caved in like th' skull ye' showed us.

Wren: Wish I didn't have tae' take discipline int' me' own hands, but as long as ye' keep throwin' rocks at our windows, we'll keep whoopin' yer' ass. How's tha' tooth, by th' way?

Amnestria: Congratulations. Ye've succeeded in betrayin' me, nearly kidnappin' me' niece, an' gettin' yerself killed again. If I ever see ye' again, I'll make ye' wish ye' were never born.

Amund Kharstein: Ye’ stood back an’ watched me die. Stay away from me’ family, or else.

Hated:

Rolland Schiff: Everywhere ye' go ye' leave a trail o' pain an' misery. Not a soul in Storm's Landing and the surroundin' area hasn't been affected by yer' putrid wake o' murder and crime. I hope yer' smitten by every damn God in Altera, and then some.

Alfonso: Yer' incredibly off-puttin', and ye' kill the mood of every situation. Maybe ye' can't help it, but yer' gonna be the arse of the jokes in the tavern, especially from me.

Bok'ra: No' a day goes by tha' I don' wish ye' off this world. Ye'll get whit's comin' to ye' at some point, ah'm sure of it.

Khoroth (Not known by name): I will have me’ revenge. Ye’ are a disgrace t’ the entire Dwarven people, an’ ye’ shall suffer in yer’ turn.

Wary Of:

Last edited:

Fredolator

Lord of Altera
I'll be editing this pretty frequently, at least for now, just hit me up on the forum or discord if I missed your relationships.

Passencore

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Passencore
Passencore
Legend
Hit me up if you need relationships!
Well I mean, if you're inclined to. Don't know when my character profile/relationships will materialize, so obviously no real pressure to include Juan on yours...

Fredolator

Lord of Altera
With all the events happening on the surface lands, and the death of his King hitting him pretty hard, Nuvan goes to Aeroch Rimtar to aid his dwarven bretheren. ((AKA I'm taking a hiatus, see yall sometime))

Fredolator

Lord of Altera
I'm going to be updating, mostly for my own sake but I'm going to do relations next. HMU if you want a relationship added or changed!

Fredolator

Lord of Altera
Changed this character to inactive as I will likely never rejoin this server for numerous reasons. I am at a turning point in my life. I'll be going to college in a few months and I need to move forward with my life instead of backwards. Looking back on my time with this server I see more bad experiences than good ones, more anxiety than pleasure, and more questions than answers. This community has been incredibly kind to me but it always felt like I just didn't fit in. I'll mostly be blotting this server out of my mind but I'll remember those who played on it fondly, including those who had a similar experience to mine and left due to similar mental health reasons. I might still be on the forum from time to time to support those I made friends with along the way, but other than that I will be gone with the wind, so to speak.

Thank you for everything,
Fredolator