Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Once Upon a Time, Grimm and Awake

Do you want more ramblings of series Barry has watched?

• Yes please!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Yes, but more info!

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Yes, but ... (please reply on this topic)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, please god NO! Stop him at once!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

barryg

Real life redstone crafter
I do not know what you people are watching at all... But I'm a real series monster. I have a HTPC (Home Theater PC) and most of my following series are automagicaly downloaded when it has been aired in the USA. But thanks to cancellation and season breaks I regularly need to find new series to watch. Here are my latest additions!

Once Upon a Time - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843230/
Centers on a woman with a troubled past who is drawn into a small town in Maine where the magic and mystery of Fairy Tales just may be real.

Do you love those old storybook tales? Snowwhite, Little Red Riding Hood, Rumpelstiltskin... Then this is something to watch! I seriously love this show. The main character is an old favorite of mine (House, R.I.P.) and the whole story get's told very well. One to watch!

Grimm - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1830617/
In modern day Portland, Oregon, a police detective inherits the ability to see supernatural creatures.

This one gave me a bad taste. It's the stories of Warehouse 13 (w00t) with the action of Supernatural (more w00t!) But it doesn't got me worked up just yet. Maybe I need to watch some more episodes and probably will. But I have too many of the other ones to watch...

Awake - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839683/
After a car accident takes the life of a family member, a police detective lives two alternating parallel lives, one with his wife and one with his son. Is one of his "realities" merely a dream?

Say what? Yes. His wife or his son has died. And every day he has the same day but once with his wife and once with his son. This seems complicated and they made a very nice story around this all. He uses things he sees in the one version of the world in the other. Geniusly written and I can't wait to see what the story will bring us... (How did he got in the car accident?!)

Well... Two out of three new series to follow isn't that bad right?!

Do you want to read more of this or is just falling to deaf ears? Or maybe you want more information? I can do that!

Instant edit: Oh my gawd! They cancelled Awake... Bastards!

Boulderpaul

Lord of Westray
Out of those three shows, I've only been watching Once Upon A Time. Great cast and great storytelling, weaving all the different fairytale stories together.

- Boulder

mariahchan

Villager
I've only watched once upon a time and grimm, but I've never heard of Awake! It sounds really interesting, maybe I'll start watching it soon