Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon One False Step, but Another Ahead

Taphina

Lord of Altera
Taphina sat on the floor of the Grand Library in Thiil, surrounded by various opened and closed books of different subjects. There was a book in her hand, Methods of Transversing Glass, giving off the impression that the other books were already read and not just scattered about. She wasn't aware of how long she had been there, but the sky was gold and the sun was almost buried beneath the horizon. It was already dusk and she didn't pay the least mind to it. In fact, she didn't even move nor speak until the sun had completely vanished, but even then her movements were small and her voice quiet.
"You've been watching me.. Why?" Taphina asked as she closed the book. Anyone else would've thought she was talking to herself, only that her question was answered.
"You come here often, Ms. Linette. I was curious as to why a forest elf like you would do so." A voice said with a touch of amusement. It sounded hardly like curiosity. Taphina chuckled, recognizing the voice.
"You have some nerve coming here, sister. Did father send you? I would've thought there was a better use for your skills." Taphina said, matching her sister's amused tone, but there was a slight edge to her words. A blonde elf girl stepped out of a shadow in the back of the library, clad in green like Taphina. She would've passed as Taphina's twin if it weren't for her different colored hair and her brown eyes.
"Indeed, Ms. Linette, but I swear I'm just here to visit." 'Ms. Linette', oh how Taphina hated it. After leaving Tauredal, even her own sister started treating her like an outsider.
"Why here? You could have easily spoken to me in the Crossroads." Taphina questioned. Her sister burst out laughing, having to place her hand on a bookcase in order to steady herself before she answered.
"Like I would want anything to do with that silver elf!"
Taphina tossed the book to the side and stood up quickly, sending a sharp glare towards the girl.
"Don't you dare bring Adelan into this! I know why you're really here, Pyrra." She hissed, her gaze furious. She was right, and she knew Pyrra didn't doubt her words. Pyrra had lost her grin and remained silent for several moments before sighing.
"Being in Marr is dangerous.. You know that. You read mother's journals from her journey here." Pyrra said, sadness in her voice. The two stared at each other for who knows how long. A few seconds felt like a few hours, or possible days. After what seemed to be forever, Taphina broke the silence and gave her sister a weak smile.
"That's just the risk I'm willing to take." Pyrra nodded at her, knowing that she could handle herself, no matter how concerned Pyrra was. She walked towards the exit, stopping briefly at the door.
"I'll keep watch for now. Be safe, sister.." She said before leaving, not glancing back.

After putting the books back, Taphina headed out of the library under the cloak of night, not even the silver moonlight being able to find her. She didn't really care where she was going as long as it was away. Sprinting across the bridge that connected Thiil to the mainland, she turned her head to get a last glimpse of Thiil, a mistake that someone like her shouldn't have made. Next things she knew, she was skidding, then falling, then crashing into the ground. A sharp piece of gravel on the ground sliced across her cheek as she slid, but she didn't even notice the pain as the rest of her body was aching. Having finally stopped, Taphina hauled herself up, cursing in Elvish. Something warm ran down her cheek, and she reached up to wipe it off. It was blood, the same red of her scarf. The cut on her cheek had been deeper then expected, however, this wasn't what concerned her. Taphina stared at the stain it had left on her hand and couldn't help but think of Pyrra's words, of her past, of all the things going on in her life now. Shaking her head, she quickly broke out of her thoughts and continued down the path. For once, Taphina felt something that she didn't know well..

...it was fear.

Last edited:

Taphina

Lord of Altera
NOTE: This happens the night before Taphina returns to the crossroads!

For IC Purposes.