Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Player assistance requested!

This is merely to keep a list :P

• Total voters

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I decided to start getting things situated with roy's second event now, so that it's not a hastily piled on bit of a mess like the last one (the one that @Immerael and @Lady Alec managed to salvage with the halflings :p) but i seem to have run into a problem, to sum up what i need, i need someone whose character had access to a large sum of money 15 years ago IC, could've been their family, could be that they're old, whatever. i'd be willing to discuss greater details with you either on skype, pming on forums, or in game, whatever you prefer. there are 2 criteria to meet
1: the debt is 100,000 radiants, 50,000 loan and the rest from interest (all IC, im not saving up taht much just to give someoen for an event XD) so if your character/character's link to money couldn't afford this, sorry but no go. (though id be willing to negotiate a smaller price if you're almost within that range.
2: THERE MUST BE CONSEQUENCES FOR ROY IF HE CANNOT PAY THE DEBT IN THE ALLOTTED TIME. sorry @Tybalt but without consequences there is simply no motivation to get it done, other than a noble nagging you about it everyday (and since Roy lives in Zima'Maloj, i think he'd be perfectly fine watching snobby nobles have to tread carefully in the swamp and then wail when their super expensive shoes got swampybits on them.)
If either of these cannot apply to your character, then my apologies but Roy will not owe a debt to you for the event :p (though you're welcome to participate, should you give a believable reason)
Now, i also have mini event ideas going through my head, so if you wish to participate in a smaller way, we could also chat about that. My plan is to have the event span over 2 weeks, with small bits of the debt being paid off slowly as the days go by, and an event every other day to take out a slightly larger chunk of the debt.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
... Nylarii came into this kind of money and IC it's been 15 years (in my own timeline, I guess) but I don't think she'd be related. :p
It'd probably also mean sending Nwalme to go get the money or scare him into doing so, which is something @blargtheawesome would have to agree to.

... Kinda interested to who has lots of Ic money, now. xD

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
I believe we already discussed that the Guild would do this? Are you backing out on a role-play opportunity because of our debate? If so I'm quite offended...

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I believe we already discussed that the Guild would do this? Are you backing out on a role-play opportunity because of our debate? If so I'm quite offended...
actually, im backing out because the merchant's guild wouldn't have been set up at the time, not to mention James would have to be 7 years old when Roy's father borrowed the money, meaning he'd have had to borrow it from your character's father. After taking a look at your character's profile, i wasn't entirely sure what "business" James ran, not to mention what business his father ran as that's all you referred to it as...their business. this tells me nothing of what they do, and thus i cannot assume that they have 50,000 radiants just lying around that they're willing to give to a complete stranger who's asking for it, not for an expedition to find a lost ruins, not to expand his own business, but to find a simple cure for his wife. Here's the problem that i incur, i don't think many people would be willing to give that kind of money away, and im sorry, but if your character's father would do that, then he's not the greatest business man as their seems to be no profit in this, i can really only see noble families doing this as a kind of "show of grace" or showing off how much money they have that they COULD simply give 50,000 radiants away to a stranger with no real sign of profit for the noble family. Now on the topic of our discussion, no im not discriminating you because of that, however, i believe that I'm the one who should be offended due to the fact that you insulted me, simply because i was stating an opinion on a character of an anime you seem to be fond of. I do not like the anime, i do not like the character, and thus, i do not agree with your opinion, however, i can agree with one quote that states my opinion on this:"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" (Evelyn Beatrice Hall) meaning, that while i dont share your opinion, im not gonna shoot you down for it, im not gonna try to shut you up and say that mine's better, and i sure as hell am not going to target you over your opinion simply because I dislike your opinion. Nevertheless, i would like to advise you not to do something like that again, as I personally felt very offended that you targetted me and my creation of characters out of the blue, i dont bring up the problems that i feel reside with your character as James is just that, your character, not to mention i believe in informed you in game that i would not require your assistance, thus you seem to be either trying to dissuade other people from helping me with my event, or you seem to be trying to personally denounce me by spreading the rumor that i am a petty person who puts personal grudges before personal goals and beliefs, this is not true. However, i will say that while i may not let grudges interfere, i will take them into account for a state of being, and if someone is going to insult me simply because i don't share their views, no, i don't want to roleplay with them, now my fingers hurt from not being able to stop typing, and i seem to have typed quite a bit so im going to tell my hands to shut up now.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I'd consider this, but my situation is, is that Bimhe only recently came into power. He might have been well-off before, but only moderately so. 100k might have been beyond the reach of a well-to-do tavernkeep, even in Tambry.

However, it is entirely within the realm of Bimhe's character to loan out money, assuming that the debtor was trustworthy and the cause was good.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
props to Arch, the overachiever who volunteered to help with everything....and is truly batman *hands the BatFeesh to Arch*

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Rule Number 17 of the Hollowworld Forums:

When hoping for prudent feedback from the community, do not - repeat, do not - give them the opportunity to batman.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
;-; Nwalme in Zima'maloj. In other unrelated news I need more guards. I'm thinking the small number of 30 will do for starters.

:p Should be interesting RP.