Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

(Please read) Changes to the Southern Wilds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
Yeah, thats cool. Also if you think about it, wont the reset also change the landscape? If thats the case then your saved chunk could be underground, underwater, miles about in the air between valleys of the surrounding hills, on top of water, ect.

I love the idea of the monthly wipes :)

Always nice to have a fresh start all over again, a clean slate with a piece of land with a clean bill of health :p

S

Stevey

Yeah, thats cool. Also if you think about it, wont the reset also change the landscape? If thats the case then your saved chunk could be underground, underwater, miles about in the air between valleys of the surrounding hills, on top of water, ect.

I love the idea of the monthly wipes :)
Yeah

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
I guess it does give a sense of instability. But it also just encourages everyone to build with cheap materials like cobble. Is there anyway thatafter a reset you could get back the valuable items in your chunck, like a mailbox at spawn. Or at least that we could be warned of a reset so we could clean up what we wanted before it was all lost. Just a thought, I think if that happened people would feel more inclined to build cool stuff in SW and eden

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
I guess it does give a sense of instability. But it also just encourages everyone to build with cheap materials like cobble. Is there anyway thatafter a reset you could get back the valuable items in your chunck, like a mailbox at spawn. Or at least that we could be warned of a reset so we could clean up what we wanted before it was all lost. Just a thought, I think if that happened people would feel more inclined to build cool stuff in SW and eden
Try looking at this thread, you may find it useful

S

Stevey

The first of every month: http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?threads/world-reset-dates.10128/

We don't want people to build cool stuff there, that's the whole point :p We want them to build cool stuff in the Northern Kingdoms, and temporary stuff in the wilds and eden.

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
Also if you build cool stuff in Eden (or Eastern Frontier) you always have the chance it will be griefed by someone. Unless, of course, you just build within your own chunk area then its should be ok. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.