Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[POSTER] On the Destruction of the Church d'Feu and the Brides of God (aka NUNS)

TurtlePrada

Lord of Altera

A woman of sharp features sits at the davenport, crafting, in her curt little print, a letter of invitation. She sketches a woman in habit at the bottom, and, crudely at the top, the symbols of the Divine, old and new, the Lightbringer's holy pillar the largest of them all.

The poster can be found nailed to boards in Storm's Landing and, soon, Mockingjay and the Compendium.

--------------------
You! You who read this or have it read to you- you fisher's wife and merchant's daughter, you widow and mother of boys we lost to the walking dead, you plain and homely, you wives of learn'd and noble men- you have no doubt heard by now the black art witnessed in our Holy Church d'Feu against our Lightbringer and His angels. The Devil broke that floor and leveled that church; for too long we've left our God and his peers lank and lean in our extortions. Our buildings and attire serve as idols to our loss of faith; once, we felt God's touch once, but we, not Him or his angels, abandoned the Light!

Not one Man, nor Elf, has taken this time to rebuild his Sanctuary; no Mother sends her daughter to pilgrimage, no Father tells his son to punish Heresy; we've cursed God knowingly and willingly, and for it He sent us to this Eastern desert- here, with a setting sun. We, with idle hands, have built here a shrine to the Devil and to our pride and ignorance. You who ignore your neighbor's heresy and the work of black mages, you are not champions of Peace. You have not found the line in the sand. You do not create order; you have only shown inaction. You're all toads in a pot and your Devil is bringing it to a boil. You don't even notice.

I'd rather burn than boil. For ignoring God, the Law is clear; as our Lord the Lightbringer rose from the ashes, so too will the unfaithful find truth at the stake. There is hope still for us faithful, even here, in this strange Eastern land, but this Evil is not waning- it is just at dawn. I dread the lion-eyed glare of its noon. For too long justice here has remained a word, not a fact. So take up arms, Sisters! Through Men our knowledge of God has been known, but through Women it's been garrisoned! Join me in securing stability and eternity; shear short your tresses! Avoid any appearance of being proud! Cover your modesty and give over your maidenhead to God, in pride of your union. Here, at this crossroads Storm's Landing, meet me- join me in serving our lord God and his angels. Look for Dolores at the dock- together we might create Sanctuary. As champions of Justice, we are merciful; the Faithful fear nothing. You in good terms with God or his angels or looking to become so, come. There is mercy here. No woman will be turned away, for with the Phoenix there is rebirth.

For you Men out there; you call yourselves Husbands? Do you fight for the good of your woman's soul? Any heresy should be reported and dealt with promptly. For too long you have let your wives and children suffer; fight! If you know faithless and if you certain, see that they meet God at the flame.

The dogs of the Devil are easy enough to find; they are his bitches. They wear his collars. Find them.

**also, looking to purchase strong, male Caparii. If interested, contact Delores in Storm's Landing

--------------------
OK SO BASICALLY I WANT TO START AN ORDER OF NUNS. I've always thought that the lack of religious people on this server was weird based on how active the Gods were at one point and thought I might capitalize on the cultist drama going on.
RN I've got zilch but clothes and posters- if I can get 1 or 2 characters to join me in this, I thought we could have our characters go to the academy and learn some healing before trying to find some sort of actual Church and dogma. I'm really just gauging interest in the idea- I've got a build for a nunnery out there, but I don't want to contribute to the number of empty towns out there.

Don't expect any divine interaction, but, well, that's never stopped nuns IRL before LOL. If you have any interest in this at all, feel free to PM me :). I really think that priests/monks/nun characters could be a lot of fun if we religion a little bit more relevant in RP. The Gods were super prevalent at some point so tbh I imagine a lot of people, especially in that time period, would be licking their feet and doing whatever tf Divine Law commanded. Now that the Gods have taken a backseat and !!!!!!!!!GIANT FUCKING SPIDERS ARE ERUPTING OUT OF CHURCH FLOORS!!!!!!!!, I think now would be the best time to start something like this up :)

I'd like to clarify that I don't think this would be as boring as it sounds; YES I KNOW THEY ARE NUNS HOWEVER

We can..

• Attend violent events and justify that ICly by claiming we're there to cleanse the bodies of the fallen.
  • Start investigations into the unfaithful and report it to higher bodies like the de Courtneys or something
  • Hold masses and shit for jesus
  • Educate your female characters!! Want to justify having your poor medieval female know how to read? I'd like to have these nuns attend classes at the Compendium/maybe Cukie's school so we can learn how to heal.
  • I want the nuns to actually PRODUCE something so we have $$$ and I'd like to involve some slavery in that; maybe have some beast races working for us?? That'd encourage a slave trade too. Just trying to stir up more RP.
Yeah, your character would be pretty restricted on romance.. but they can always try and leave the convent?? altho that'd be breaking a promise to ur lord and savior IGNIS and we might have to deal with that B) BUT HEY IT'S ALL GOOD RP

Last edited:

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
*Linden would read the poster with increasing confusion as to the recent events that were described, not to mention the nature of the rest of the contents of the poster.*

*Suddenly noticing the mention of buying male Caparii would make him worry though, judging that he should maybe watch his back.*

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I hate to be that guy, but as a devout follower of Ignis, Thorne would be welcome to this order and would provide sanctuary and respite.

Also, I love religious orders, I have a thing for building cloisters, antechambers, and ascetic cells.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
I hate to be that guy, but as a devout follower of Ignis, Thorne would be welcome to this order and would provide sanctuary and respite.

Also, I love religious orders, I have a thing for building cloisters, antechambers, and ascetic cells.
i already stole this one, arch :)