Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Quest-job] Looking for a brave company!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
*a poster at Tambry's busy Market-Square*

Payment of 2500 radiants!
Kublai Kull, of Kublai's Carpentry, is in need of a tree.
When the people of Riseport went to the ruins in the jungle,
they told of extremely large trees growing there.

I know of the dangers of the jungle, they told me that as well.
So I will be the last to go in there, yet I truly need one of those trees.
I'm in need of a big tree with a very large diameter trunk.

Anyone interested, please form a company of a few.
The company will take full responsibility in any case of injury.
I will pay 1500 radiants for the boat-trip to take the tree to Queens Port.

Report to me for details.

OOC:
This is not really an event, so I didn't put it at events. But it is a quest.
A quest that could take place at any timezone, I don't know, that depends on the ones who are going to do this.

RULES:
  1. Any player may form a company through RolePlay to get me this tree.
  2. Before truly moving to get the tree, remember to first report to me! (this way I can make sure, also through RP, that there won't be 2 companies going for a tree)
  3. The players will have to pick the tree themselves, through the wide variety of jungle-biomes on the map.
  4. The players will face somewhat the same troubles as the people who went on the expedition event:
    - Poisonous plants
    - Stinging insects
    - Humidity and heat
    - unknown beasts / animals
  5. The players will have to roleplay these things themselves, I did not put any signs anywhere.
    (So you decide whether you step on a snake or you accidentally run into a swarm of angry mosquito's.)
  6. The players will need to find a crew of sailors with a boat to bring the tree back to Queensport in at least 4 Meters of height.
    (so it's a heavy trunk that needs to be transported in one piece somehow. Figure it out yourself :p )
  7. You will be rewarded 2,500 radiants OOCly to divide over the company. (My char will pay 2500 radiants IC money as well!!)
Last thing I'd like to add:
I'd like this to be done properly, without powergaming. An example: Your group cannot sail a full sized sea-worthy ship if non of them are well-versed at sailing. You truly need sailors.
Think about your actions and whether they mimic reality.

This quest gives freedom to you people. You can pick a date, a time, and a location for it all to start, after you've seen Kublai.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Feel free to form a company in the next few days, you'll probably need that time.
I'm back oocly on friday / saturday to RP :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Friendly reminder of what I've edited into Riseport so far, though by no means is the list all it holds and nor is it finished.
Also note that House Fuvur claims a significant amount of the jungle to the south.

http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/port-riseport-violent.36143/

(Looks fun, mind. Best of luck. :p )
That'd be the first form of poaching on Altera then, I guess :p

No, I'm just joking. Well, half joking.

I have very little influence in where the people will go to cut the tree.
I can also imagine a company that would take up such a task for quick and big money wouldn't be too aware of region borders. :p

Oh, also, about the stuff that could happen in the jungle. I just listed 4 things I really think should be rp'ed, but the rest they can think of themselves.
Unless by lore it states that all jungles on the map are the same as around Riseport :)
I do enjoy a few more factors as you included in your event, but I couldn't think of much more, so feel free to add a few in a comment below! :D