Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Ruins]{Violent} The Black Sanctum of Aleantar

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
(edgy)

These ruins are classified as violent. While no threat seems imminent, do be on your guard.
These ruins are to the West of Tambry, placed more or less between there and The Quays.
[x]

I am open to events being held here, people setting up camp here, and I may hold more spooky events in the future. I'm still working on the sections beyond the tunnel collapses, but some will open up eventually.
= = =
Formally known as The Black Sanctum of Aleantar, these large ruins are surrounded with mystery. They seem to be a large site for graves and catacombs, some rumours of at least one hundred souls being put to rest here. While some are obvious, some sections are sealed by ancient tunnel collapses and so it remains unknown. On the upper layer there's not much amiss, perhaps even tranquil on a sunny day, though it's unknown how they became ruins in the first place.

Below, if you find a way, there are various obscure shrines and sections of... Worship. Skraag, Jishrim, and some that are just simply unclear. If they're shrines at all. Winding passageways are easy to get lost in, and it provides visitors with an eerie sense of being watched. Or followed.
Long since abandoned living quarters and a scriptorium still remain, mostly untouched, though once in a while they do seem to be occupied...

Some who've escaped from the catacombs have mentioned stories about doors closing behind them, the sound of footsteps following them and then suddenly becoming quiet. The tickle of breath on their neck, only to turn around and see nothing.
Shadows move and shift, and though it's easy to blame it on a trick of the eyes, it still leaves you with a sense of dread and an eagerness to get out of there.

1/2
[x]

Thanks to Niek Morenta for some amazing shrines. :heart:

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Oh, and one more thing. If you want me to add a dead character here, I'm certainly in need of names and things for all the graves and catacombs lying around. C:
Feel free to give me a name, cause, and date.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I just counted. Between the graves and crypts, 67. Thats a lotta dead folk.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
This area ok to claim as being part of sterlings holdings? Considering its within the range of influence and we'd have no way to avoid it icly

Also Cedric has done a bit of exploring but backed out after the spider room.

htf intends to explore and document information about the location (including all possible dangers) wanna dm us through?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Its been there for ages now, I only just got around to making the thread. When I made it, there wasn't an influence problem so far as I know.
Would probably prefer it just be given a neutral status politically - Something about it being for the dead. It really serves no purpose as a holding, its of very little benefit. c:

Can possibly DM eventually, yeah. But not for a while.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Its been there for ages now, I only just got around to making the thread. When I made it, there wasn't an influence problem so far as I know.
Would probably prefer it just be given a neutral status politically - Something about it being for the dead. It really serves no purpose as a holding, its of very little benefit. c:

Can possibly DM eventually, yeah. But not for a while.
No I agree. It'd be left
Alone beyond the obvious fact that it's in sterling lands. By that I mean to say it's just not a big empty gap in our otherwise full valley area controlled by someone else.

I guess holding was the wrong word.

Also- yes I'd visited when you were building it. A lovely build above and a Erie one below.