Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sarketh profile page.

Wyvern740

Lord of Altera
Name: Sarketh

Nickname: His old comrades in arms called him "Soldier", of course, all commanders called their troops that, but no one bothered to try to say my name correctly so they just called me that.

Age: I lost track while stuck in the Sorrowlands... I'm probably in my thirties.

Race: I look like a human, I never asked my parents about it, but I think I am... But I know one thing, I'm a native Alterian, born and raised here.

Hair: Brown, but for some reason it can turn black..

Eyes: Sometimes has that killer stare, from all that killing to save his life, but mostly his red-blue eyes contain the pain of a shell shocked soldier.

Skin: White, but has scars in many places, with stories for all of them.

Identifying marks: You can usually tell by the way he walks, avoids people, and treats the young that say that they've seen all the horrors of the world with cruel disbelief. He has many scars, but the biggest identifying mark, is one never heals, it just keeps bleeding.

Strengths: Other than being a survivor, and having brilliant survival instinct in dangerous situations, he is also a decent fighter, if he wasn't, he would have been killed long ago.

Weaknesses: In the Sorrowlands they fought armies of unspeakable creatures, but they also fought bandits and other fighters, he is excellent at fighting the horrors of the night, but being so shell shocked, it brings back too many memories to fight another person effectively.

Fears: Oh, he has many fears, he just doesn't show them, back in his fighting ground, those who show weakness are the first to get killed.

Profession: He is a retired soldier. They where sent into the Sorrowlands to clear it of hordes of creatures, but as you all know, the Sorrowlands boat stopped working, they where shipwrecked.

Personality: He's a shell shocked soldier, he's seen a ton, but when he was coming back home, fighting for survival, he was hoping that Altera was going to be relatively peaceful so that he could settle down, and live a quiet life, but no, he returned to see some of the last immigrants packing up what they could to escape the corruption and get to the Exodus. He can be relatively calm, unless you doubt what he's been through, or treat war like a game.

Family: He had parents and a sister, but came home and found out they where killed by the Corruption.

Hobbies: Usually telling youth stories of his past, sharpening his sword, and making small cuts in his arm in order to release the pain of his memories.

Religion: He dosen't believe in the gods, the gods would never allow what he's seen to happen.

Some of his story:

We where hearing stories, but we never thought it would be this bad when we arrived, the creatures of the night where starting to become organized, and thats why people where abandoning it. We had tents and equipment, but somehow I doubted the tents would be so helpful in our survival in the night. And I was right of course, on the first day, a man was shot, the arrow went straight through the tent and hit him in the back of the neck. Usually skeletons don't shoot you unless you're practically in their face, waving a torch around right? The guy was barely visible, only his toes sticking out of the tent, yet it aimed and hit its neck.

"Soldier! Take three of your fellow fighters and take out that skeleton while we pack up to evacuate, I have a bad feeling about this... meet us at the ruins after you have done so. "
Without a word, I picked up my cheaply made iron sword, and gathered our raided party, and off we where. Something wasn't right though.. As we approached the skeleton, it didn't seem to see us, so we continued up behind it... into a trap. Seven spiders leaped out of the bushes behind us, taking down Nilis, one of my friends, it severed his spine with its powerful jaws. Another leaped onto my chest, by instinct, I swatted it, but that was foolish, it was a massive spider, almost the size of me! It tried to go for my throat, but I kept moving my head struggling, so, it decided to bite my shoulder. I let go of the spider, clutching my arm while it was still on me, trying to bite me, but in my struggle, I fell, and the spider on top of me hit a jagged rock, saving me, and impaling itself. I went to go help the others, when I saw twenty more spider climbing down the massive valley walls...

Wyvern740

Lord of Altera
I will write more later, this character isn't active yet, and I hope to write much, much more horrifying stories about this soldier.

Wyvern740

Lord of Altera
I'll be updating this profile more, as I am considering killing off my Wyvern profile. So here comes more blood, guts, and horror of those left behind in the Sorrowlands...

Wyvern740

Lord of Altera
Spiders rushed down, and we had barely even killed a small group, how where we going to survive this?!
"RETREAT! RUNRUNRUNRUN!" was my frantic cry as we stumbled, and tripped over sharp rocks, overgrown vegetation, and bodies of the previously slain. The spiders where gaining on us of course, eight legs are better than two injured and panicked ones. I could hear their ungodly screeches as they get louder, and louder. I could feel their prickly fur brush against my leg as they leaped to the ground directly behind me. Suddenly panic turned into raw adrenaline, and I spun around with lightning speeds, my sword and arc of deadly silver, splitting the head of the closest spider, all while still running.

We saw torches in the distance, we where getting close to our camp! With utter horror and heartbreak, I felt a quick rush of air as a spider lunged and bit into my leg. I collapsed hitting the dirt hard. The dreaded arachnid was still latched onto my leg, and it burned like crazy. It was... it was dragging me away! So close to safety, yet why me? You always think its going to someone else who gets dragged off and killed, but that someone has to be someone. I cried out for help, my voice chocked with despair. The others where simply running for their lives, the rest of the world deaf to them, the only thing mattering their only safety. ...Thats when I noticed something... This spider was different from the others... speaking o the others, why weren't they swarming me, they were keeping their distance, as if scared of the spider that had latched onto me.. Most of them decided just to keep hunting the others. As I looked at my abductor, I say the spider has black tendrils webbed across it, and its eyes.. eyes with the intelligence of a well thought out killer, this was no natural spider.

Wyvern740

Lord of Altera
I was dragged into some old ruins from when this land used to be full of people, and I saw what awaited me. The entire inside was laced with menacing black webbing that concentrated into a cocoon in the center. A cocoon yet to be filled. I couldn't die this way! I would not be stuck up on the walls like a sacrifice to be eaten by spider young alive! The spider must have released a sort of venom, because when I awoke, I was in the cocoon, nice and secured. But one thing... The webs seemed to be alive. Some of the threads where reaching out, starting to cover my face, my vision. When one of the threads entered my ear, I started hearing whispered voices about someone named... I'm not sure exactly... Flashes of foreign memories passed through my head. A character stalking prey... a spider... him jumping onto the spider... paralyzing it? Black tendrils passing from the figures hand into the spider, the spider collapsing and... over time changing.. wait a sec... thats the spider that caught me! The memories left me feeling empty, would I ever see my family again?

Wyvern740

Lord of Altera
How long I was strapped there I don't know, I went into some sort of coma. But it was later in the year I could tell, the weather was getting colder. I woke up by some unnatural force, some sense that something was here. But how have I been kept alive? Wasn't I asleep for months? I glanced to the side, and saw three other cocoons, but they where different, these where red-laced and held different animals... Two of them carried empty skeletons, but one, one was still moving, and I saw the webs around it contract, and it stopped moving. But something red seemed to swim up the inside of the threads and they swam toward me. The red went into my arm via one of the threads, like an I.V. Suddenly I realized how I had been kept alive... The draining of the... I shuddered at the thought. How could the gods let something like this happen? But out of my vision as I hung there, I saw a figure approach... the same one from the memories? He strode forward, in a dark cloak that concealed most everything except his pleased grin. He grabbed my chin.
"They've done well, you've progressed." He seemed obviously proud of what was happening to me, how could he??
"..H..Help...please..." That was all I could utter, through my weakened voice. He chuckled darkly as if my suffering pleased him. Such betrayal! Another person, right here, yet he's not doing anything! He walked back a few paces, as if pondering. Then, coming to a conclusion, turned back to me.
"I will let you go soon, but first you will be perfected." He placed two of his fingers to my forehead and black particles rushed into me vision. Suddenly I felt much stronger, as if I was on adrenaline. But as soon as I felt the power, I took advantage, I would not become a vision of this monster's perfection! With a roar of defiance and hatred, I broke loose of the entire web. The figure gave a startled expression, then started to run. Why would he run? If he had enough power to do this to me why would he? If he's running, that must be good for me. I took a rock, and threw it as far as I could in his general direction. It missed, but I was too exhausted to do anything more. So I stayed there. And before night, had made a makeshift shelter from the ruins, and prepared for the worst.

Wyvern740

Lord of Altera
It started to snow, which was a good thing, it kept most spiders away. Most undead also despise the cold. So, I was stuck gathering firewood, to keep myself from getting frostbite. Several times, I almost fell into pit traps left by people from a while ago. Snow covered, they are almost impossible to spot. It disgusted me that people dug these holes to kill people and no other reason. No benefit, no reason, just morbid work. During one cold night, I warmed my shaking, stinging hands by the fire, I remembered something. Something important. I remembered my old officers discussing this tower they'd all meet up at during the winter months to regroup. It was in some swamps. There was a whole entire series of them. It was to the east of the entryway.

The Sun floated idly over the horizon as I packed up my few food supplies and walked to the south, where my last group was last time I was with them. I walked near a patch of woods, and bending over, I investigated some foot prints. They seemed very fresh, snow still slightly melted from the heat of the boot- thats when a man leaped from the bushes. He was slightly aged, and wore ragged furs that must have been nice a while ago, but now where little more than a tattered parody of what they used to be. The man held out a cutlass and screamed at me to hand over all my belongings. Without thinking, and out of some lost hunter instinct I was upon him before he could even raise his sword to defend himself. Instantly the both of us where wrestling for the control of the blade. The man was strong with madness and for the desperate hunger for the food he had demanded. Soon, quicker than I had dreaded, the blade was at my neck. I looked in the mans eyes for pity, mercy, anything. But his humanity was gone. He was most animal than human now, driven by the need to survive. The razor cut into the soft flesh of my neck slowly as my strength weakened.. Then, the power feeling again. Raw adrenaline...and something else was pumping in my veins and it would not let me die so easily. Everything seemed to slow down and slide into crystal clarity. I grabbed the hand that clutched the sword and squeezed with all my strength. I heard a snap, as if someone was cracking their knuckles, but must louder and sharper. The man cried out in pain, and I snatched the sword, then with lightning fast speed, butted him in the head with it. His eyes rolled to the back of his head as he fell unconscious. I tied him up with his own rags as bait for the wolves. Better they eat him than me. And off in the distance I thought I saw something else as the light of day slowly dripped away- smoke.

Wyvern740

Lord of Altera
I wandered, even in the dark, staggering towards the glow of campfires. As soon as I could start to make out the figures near the fire, everything slipped from view. With the hissing of falling snow I tumbled down into oblivion. Then I was caught and held tight by something, stopping my fall. I couldn't see a thing... Wait a second.. as something vaguely familiar coursed through my bloodstream, I could see in the darkness slightly better. And the first thing I saw- A spider moving at me at high speeds. I was in a massive web. Well, I guess spiders had to sleep somewhere during the winter. As it came close, recognition flickered into my mind: The spider. It was the spider.