Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Self-imposed exiles don't last long

Status
Not open for further replies.

An Old Friend

Villager
To the community of Hollowworld,

My lords and ladies of Altera, I would first and foremost like to thank our dear friend Somnastra for even giving me the opportunity to do this, she has a very kind heart indeed for being so forgiving to those who do not deserve it. Thank you.

A few months ago, I declared that I would be leaving the server because of personal reasons which, looking back on, seemed pretty stupid. Anxiety and stress got the best of me and I have spent a good amount of my exile realizing just how amazing this community truly is and how it helped me at the worst of times.

My exile only began on the server, not the forums. I do not know why I didn't immediately leave... this place has a certain charm to it that I find difficult to escape. That charm, however, did not stop me from becoming the monster you all came to know and, presumably, hate. I spent some weeks on the forums causing arguments and trying my best to not straight-up swear and insult people directly. It was difficult and I ultimately failed that, eventually requesting my account to be banned to prevent me from returning.

My crimes are maybe not the worst that have happened on these forums, but they were directed at those I felt closest to. I swore, I insulted and I hurt those who were good friends of mine. For that, I am truly sorry.

I would like to apologize to the staff firstly; I argued with them more times than I can remember. Often it was over minute details and often because I simply couldn't accept what they were saying. I was arrogant. The staff are amazing people who do only their best for this server and I betrayed them time and time again.

I would like to apologize to the numerous people on the forums who I had upset. The first name to come to mind is @Gaby , whom I had contacted numerous times to try and prove wrong. It was not my place to do so and quite often I would take it a step too far just to prove my point. I am sorry for ever insulting you.

I would also like to apologize to three of the best leaders I know, and also three of my closest friends on the server (Excluding a certain @Catalyst who I maintained contact with through my period of darkness). @Goldengem25 @Tybalt @Valonyx , my last contact with the server was to you guys. I didn't like the direction the server was going in and felt you three were the quickest way to change that. I tried to dictate how your Houses ran, tried to force RP in a certain direction that would encourage more interaction but at the same time limit what you were capable of doing.

@Tybalt You are an incredible leader and I am sorry I ever doubted your abilities or judgement. I hope that House Marr has flourished under your rule.

@Goldengem25 I should never have fought against you. The Engems are your creation, not mine. They were not mine to control nor dictate. I am truly sorry for ever trying to make you do something you did not.

And lastly, I wish to apologize to the entire community for my harsh leaving message. I do not know what the nether was going through my mind when I said that. Perhaps a permanent ban was just me trying to tell myself subconsciously that I would not be able to return here... oh the irony.

-Yours faithfully, Michael "Angryboy" Edmond

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Until this is sorted, could you please refrain from commenting on threads too much? You did request the ban, yes, but you did plenty to warrant it anyways, and we need to discuss.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Undeleted so that I can record this for posterity and transparency. Here is the decision and justification.

Angryboy's ban appeal has been denied, and his second forum account has been banned. This decision was actually reached yesterday, but an appropriate response was being composed. His inability to follow directions and heed clear warnings was an indication that he had either no interest or no ability to be a rule-abiding member of this community.

When he requested to be permanently forum banned a few months ago, there was already discussion among staff in response to his attitude and behavior at the time. There was also debate over the length of a tempban, which would have been used primarily as a wake-up call that he needed to change his behavior. When he returned a few days ago, it was entirely likely that if he had demonstrated patience and discretion as staff discussed things his appeal would have been approved.

Typically, when people make new (and mysterious) forum accounts and start posting, we ban that account without question. After making it clear that we knew who he was, he was given an opportunity to appeal. This was due to his long history on the server. As he continued to participate actively on the forums with this new account, he was politely (in this thread) asked to refrain from doing so until a decision regarding his ban appeal had been reached. His acknowledgement of such can be seen above. Shortly afterwards, he made a forum post that was condescending, offensive, and inflammatory, which typified the behavior that staff was concerned about in the first place. He received a clear and unequivocal final warning. In conversations with me on Skype, he even seemed to understand that this destroyed his chances of appeal, turning the opinion of even those arguing in his favor strongly against the idea.

Now let me be clear: in no situation would he have been allowed to keep the second forum account once his ban had been upheld. That would defeat the purpose of a ban, which is to remove an individual from the community. He would have been notified through this thread and given a few days to say his goodbyes. This is not a consideration that most receive. In making another forum post when he had been warned twice against it, he forced circumstances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.