Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Shadow99999 Ban Appeal {Declined}

Shadow99999

Lord of Altera
Let's face it, what other than this server do I do all day?
I did argue with admins after breaking a rule I should've followed, but did not know of.
I do somewhat have a temper.. And it gets the best of me quite a lot.
I do apologize to the staff I have disrespected.
And as for the climb ability, keep it, I want it not.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Awesome, I'm glad you appealed - there was another reason I hit you with the banstick rather than the tempban stick - I was hoping to get a thread you'd be assured to read.

I need to give you a bit of an infodump and thus this works out well.

There were a large number of complaints about your style of RP and so I also need to give you a bit of background on how the server RP standards/practices work before letting you hop back on.

In Altera, RP is overwhelmingly done via Textual actions for emoting, with a *Action* enclosure. If I wanted my character to climb up something I would state in various ways, *Climbs up the tree, branch by branch, until he sits at the top.*

What people were complaining about (And I finally witnessed firsthand) was the fact that you weren't following this paradigm, and thus I gave you an "indefinate" ban so that I could give you this bit of info in your appeal.

You certainly seem reasonable about it so I don't mind letting you hop back on so long as you take the above into account - it will drastically improve your experiance if you work with the same system as everybody else.

Let us know if the above is sufficient to understand how RP works on the server, or if you'd like more details examples. (Any experienced player has my permission to help/add to this thread if more details/examples are required.)
Once you've got that down, let us staff know, and I give permission to any staff online to subsequently unban.

Shadow99999

Lord of Altera
Um. Could you go into more detail and what you witnessed me doing that wasn't up to standard?
No one had ever complaint to me about my RP, in fact some one had recently told me I'd gotten better.
But I do the actions like I should, I believe, but I could be wrong.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Not a problem - What I witnessed was you ascending a tree, pulling out a bow and firing an arrow at my head as I was messaging people from where I was, without ever saying a word or emoting anything.

The doing of similar has been reported previously. (I then watched you afterwards doing the further things with the climbing hooks.)

This is, in fact, still "okay", if, substantially a kind of OOCly-rude and not very interesting way to roleplay if it had included two sets of actions and waiting for appropriate responses, namely:

Some variation of:
*Climbs tree*

*Aims his bow at X's head and nocks an arrow*

Each of which given a decent period of time for which someone else is capable of responding.

Both of which give a person a chance to formulate a response - not allowing those is, in a roleplaying community, either "God-moding" or "OP" or some variant of the above - dictating unilateral actions is a big no-no.

Shadow99999

Lord of Altera
Did you realize that it was OOC? For my character was dead and I was just mucking about watching RP.
But yes I do realize I might sometimes jump the gun on emotes.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Well, for starters given that it's been reported as happening a number of times to be already, that was a pretty accurate assumption of mine.

It's not okay to mess about and disrupt other people's RP OOC-ly, either.

Shadow99999

Lord of Altera
Yes, this is correct, and I will refrain from messing about OOC-ly.
But who has reported me for not using the emotes correctly?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
...I was just informed that you'd already had a tempban based partially off of attitude and were informed that if it occurred again there would be a hard ban in place.

I was not previously aware of this, and in keeping with the previous staff decision, I'm afraid this ban stays.

Shadow99999

Lord of Altera
I have not been on the server for too long. Maybe about two-three months. (I'm bad with time.) Do you have proof? I don't think I've ever been banned before this.

D

Deleted member 12912

If I may, I'd like to vouch for him. Just yesterday I had a good RP with him, it was actually a combat RP. I did not see one bit of power-gaming, which was very different from when he first joined the server. However, this is merely my experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Off-topic, but I just imagine you in a field with a basket, skipping along and daintily picking up logs of people hacking off of the ground xD
Please don't post unrelated things on ban appeals.

If I may, I'd like to vouch for him. Just yesterday I had a good RP with him, it was actually a combat RP. I did not see one bit of power-gaming, which was very different from when he first joined the server. This is However, this is merely my experience.
What you outlined may indeed be the case!

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I opened the thread for people to answer questions about how to RP on our server, not for character references.

The logs, Hawkeye, and literal eye-witnessing form the basis of our decisions. The was an existing warning in place with clearly defined consequences and we had problems again.

The decision stands.

Shadow99999

Lord of Altera
Well I tried. I may not remember this "warning" you speak of. But I can't fight what I don't know.
So good-bye, and I appreciate the people who tried to help.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
This begun Sept. 18th

Joey Rivers forum account causing ruckus and general bad attitude, ended up being you.

And in-game griefing, treating the staff member who came with an extremely derogatory attitude.

You were let off with a warning then, and an explanation any future infractions will result in a hard ban.