Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Deceased Herzog Berndt Eberhall | Boar Knight

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

Fearless and Loyal
=-= [X] =-=

Updates in this colour.

Name:
+Berndt's name has a bit of a odd story to it in truth; The proper spelling of his name is "Bernd" (B-uh-r-n-d) which in itself is short for "Bernhard". However, children are not nice by nature and often instead referred to him as "Berndt" as a way to tease him for the fact it sounded like "Burnt" or "Burned" and the name stayed and became permanent, and even a nickname that didn't leave him.
+Eberhall in Rede, the Eber translates simply to Boar, to match the sigil he took earlier and the animal which roamed his lands.

Full Titles: Knight of Anhald, 'The Provident', Boar Knight, Herzog (Duke) of Eberlands , Lord of Eberbau, Ackerland, and Rammbar's Motte, Commander of the Royal Calvary of Queen Alison I.
Martial Status: Married.
Nickname/Alias:
+Bern is often used to replace his first name.
+ Knight of the Jackasses or the Jackass Knight, mostly used by Violet. (Cukie1 )

Current Residence: Berndt's residence is soften split between his manor in Ackerland or the keep in Die Eberbau, he favours the first.

( At 0:20 )

Status: Berndt feels both the pain of guilt and sadness, but also the joy of his son's birth, he looks forward to a much brighter future for him and his family.

KEY INFORMATION:

Race: Berndt is a man of Anhalder blood, being born and raised in the Lands of Breakwater before then losing his home during the war. Now, however, would relate Berndt to the Eberlander culture.

Social Status: Berndt's blood flows common and muddy, however, title and land granted to him by both Queen Alison and Kaiser Peter I, grants him a place as a higher noble.

Sexuality: Heterosexual.

Height: 5’10

Weight: 165

Date of Birth: Unknown to Him, sometime in the fall, he recalls his mother calling it the time of harvest, whether that means the season or quite honestly the time at which they clear the fields.

Date of Death: Hopefully not soon

Homeland: Farmland not far from the once city of Breakwater.

PHYSIOLOGY:

Build: Berndt has grown since his first arrival in Breakwater, now he carries a strong build due to the training of a Squire and the work that comes with it. His arms are thick and strong, yet not overly so, one would not describe his build as being overly bulky or 'hulk like' in nature; Instead, he carries his strong build with a thin body thickness, at a healthy weight from the food served in the army. His face is the shape of an oval with features that don't stand out, normal. His nose however, has been broken once and that may be noticeable.

Hair: Dirty blonde in colour and the length of his lower ears, he often keeps it out of his face and pushed back.

Eyes: Purple (Elz )

Skin: Tanned from working in the fields, with some scars from his work.

Identifying Marks:
+ His nose has been broken once.
+ A bite mark scar on the right side of his ribcage.
+ A bite scar on his shoulder and lower left arm.
+ A bite scar on his upper right leg.
+ A scar over his left eyebrow and down, over his eye.

Appearance: Bern is not an overly 'different' man compared to others, he carries features that are not overly different than most humans; With a set of warm brown eyes and sometimes a smile, those are the features that would be drawn to first. However, the man's nose has been broken once, and his clothes make him appear a lowborn lad, but not as poor as he use to be. Most would see him, however, working in service of his kingdom, either guarding or fighting for the Anhalders.

Clothing:
+Sets of clothes handed down to him from his older brother, nothing more than a set of damaged rags that somewhat form a shirt and pants, simple shoes.
+ A simple Brown doublet with a blue undershirt, nothing overly fancy, but made to his size with materials that aren't rags or hand-me-downs. With a set of leather boots and a belt that isn't made of string, his favorite set, also includes a hood he can remove if he wishes. [X] [X]

Weaponry:
+ The Bastard Sword, Treu, made from steel and treated.
+ The dagger, Wahrheit looted from a deserter of Anhald, his first kill.

Prized Possessions:
+ A damaged kite shield.
+Wahrheit

+ His Bastard Sword and the Eberhall family sword, originally forged by Akasha, it was forged in treated steel with a D-Ring on the crossguard and a steel ball for the hilt. The crossguard was later reforged with boar heads and wheat engraved, with the amber gem from his ring placed in the centre.
+ A leather bracelet of black with a golden infinity on it, given to him by Princess Alison Kane. [X]
+ Marcus, His mare, not overly well bred or young, but it is his horse and he cares little about the details. Ironically, Berndt did not know at first that the horse was a mare, and named it by a male's name, which he kept.

+ Dzik, a Bastard sword similar to Treu.
+ Warhammer [X]
Hygiene: Berndt bathes on an average of twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening to keep himself from smelling terrible.

Illness/Injuries:
+None Currently.

Wealth: Exact amount is unknown for certain.

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
Strengths:
+Strong from training
+Learning under a man who fights with the style of a fencer, Berndt has learnt to keep speed and writ a part of his training; Keeping always on his toes, quick.
+Loyal
+Skilled Rider and a strong bond with horses, adores them.

Fears:
+Ignis
+War
+Losing his holding
+Losing his men and support.

Weaknesses:
+Loyalty
+Lives by his own code of honour.

Skills:
Novice - Proficient - Adept - Mastered
+ Farming: He has knowledge of farming, from growing wheat to grapes from his childhood growing up on farms near Breakwater [Proficient]
+ Sword Fighting: He is very skilled in the use of a Longsword and Bastard sword, however, there is still much to learn and he is no pro. [Adept]
+ Reading and Writing: Taught by Princess Alison and her teachers. [Proficient]

Intelligence: Somewhat witty with a joke or sarcasm, he'd likely not be seen in any light as someone who is book smart, most of his intelligence based on his experience or what others have told or taught him.

Languages:
Common
Lavoyarde
Rede

Profession: Knight by behavior and way of life, Lord by work and title.

ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:
Personality: Berndt is a man of a simpler nature, he enjoys being steadfast in his duty for his King and Prince, but also enjoys the thrill of a friendly spar or duel. For being a peasant, the man enjoys what he would consider the more fancy things of life, while others would see those such things as still being something fitting to a lower class. For one, Bern has a weakness to the pleasures of ale and recently wines and is more than willing to spare his non-work time at a tavern enjoying himself. However, Bern has an interest and enjoyment in the tournaments Knights enter, the joust being his game of choice, and horses having his distant enjoyment.

Religion or Cults: Ignis Synnove

Alignment: Neutral

Short Term Goals:

+Survive

Long Term Goals:
+ Survive
+ Build Eberland up
+ Have Eberhall and Eberland become self-sufficient.

TRIVIA:
Favourite...
Place: Red Oak forest surrounding Die Eberbau
Pastime: Fishing
Food: Fresh baked brown bread.
Drink: Eberbau produced ales
Colour: Green and Gold.
Animal: Hawks, keep the rodents away.

Least Favourite...
Place: Evetine
Pastime: Labor
Food: Dried foods
Drink: Unclean water
Colour: Brown
Animal: Rats

BACKSTORY:
Berndt was born the oldest son of his mother, Ilse and his father, Willhelm. He had two brothers, the oldest being Angelo and the youngest brother was Hanns. He spent the majority of his days learning to care for wheat and harvest it with his family, as it was the trade his family practiced. His favorite memories of his day was hearing the stories of other villagers and the long tales of Kings of Lavoyard and later, Anhald. These long tails grew to be his favorite; Tales such of Charles the Bold, claiming him to be the size of a full grown grizzly, dawning a set of pale black armour, with the skulls of his enemies mounted upon his throne room pillars. Others told tales of King Peter, a veteran knight who had slain hundreds of men in the service of his realm, driving fear into the hearts of the enemies and honour into the the lands of Anhald.

Berndt like many boys of his village dreamed of this, yet his family had no name and no way to serve his king, aside from the sowing of fields. This changed during the Lavoyard rebellion when Willhelm was first called to service. His father later returned with stories of knights and soldiers, and the slaughter of men upon an unsuccessful ride. His father settled down upon the fields once more for many years upon the rein of King Peter, serving, and dying upon the fields as nothing more than a faceless levy. Berndt decided to follow his footsteps and started his journey...

INSPIRATIONS:
Barristan Selmy
Robert Baratheon

TV TROPES:
The Squire - [X]
Can't Go Home Again - [X]

Loyal To The Position - [X]
Knight in Shining Armour (Parts of) - [X]

My in-game name is: ShadowAdmin

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

Loved:
Hanns (TurtlePrada ): Wishes he could have kept Hanns away from the war camps and safety from the reach of the Crown, yet he knows nothing can be done, he will protect his brother until the end of the war.

Violet Hal'Shinkmaho (Cukie1 ): The love of Berndt's life and a key piece in his life, Someone always able to make her smile and always fights for what she believes in. He realizes now that he will spend the rest of his life with her, and is prepared for what the future has for both of them. Admittedly, Berndt enjoys the time of peace in Natr with her, and wishes it didn't have to end.

Mikolaj Eberhall: The newfound addition to his life, well Berndt is nervous about having a heir, he is also happy to see that his life has found new meaning in the role of 'Father' to a son.

Trusted:

Lord Inquisitor Alexander Harrister (blargtheawesome ): I do not believe anyone else would of find better into his newly found role, and is happy to see Angelo learning under him, Hopeful to see what Alexander builds.

Count Arthas Cordenth (Azur ): The only man who felt the desire to defend my other while the others laughed- I am forever grateful for this.

Sir Ronn Holztorc (SirLuamTehDoge ): I trust him with a Keep, and now I trust him with a garrison, I hope the best.

Befriended:
Sir Maceo de Courtnay (BoredBrit ): Time seemed to pass rather quickly; I recall you upon the shores of the new world with hands of sand in your hands and mouth, and wearing a helm four times the size of your head. Yet, such stupid nature has left you, you're now a talented rider and even better Knight, and one of my only friends. I've been impressed by his neverending shows of faith to God. He proved himself and his honour dueling for his lands, quite impressive.

Respected:
Queen Alison Kane I (Elz ): He still feels a strong sense of trust or even love towards her, yet recently he feels insulted by her, and even more so at her denial to stay in Die Eberbau, for know, he wishes to keep on a letter basis until the end of the conflict, as he doesn't wish to stain the relationship anymore.
Lillium Hal'Shinkmaho (Cukie1 ): His relationship with Lillium could be described as starting on... Odd terms, Berndt found she often scared him with the ways she seemed to appear out of thin air and this took him awhile to get over; However, he has grown to respect and even love his Mother-In-Law. He enjoys speaking with her, and perhaps might ask in the future for a lesson in her work. Berndt is thankful for her healing and even more thankful for having her daughter in his life.

Liked:
Graf Henri Bayard (Archbishop ): Well for a time Berndt considered the man a bit wasteful with the land he had been granted, He has since gotten over it, and times have become better for his people. That aside, Berndt enjoys the man's company and is thankful for the time he spend training and serving Henri when he first joined the Royal Army. Berndt believes a good and productive relationship between Thorne and Eberland is still possible.

Neutral:.

Unsure of:

Wary of:

Afraid of:

Disliked:

Hated:
Insert some Edgy satire post here about how Berndt hates every faction that isn't Anhald and believes them all to be tyrants that like to stomp on small children and steal land to use for brothels.

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

Equipment:
Armour:
+ Custom made to his size and measurements, Berndt has a set of treated steel plate armour with a Sallet helm and a bevor. His bevor was made custom to include a few small breathing holes, to help ease the heat of wearing it, worn rarely. [X] [X] < Mostly the same, less slits.
+ He also keeps his other pieces of armour for more casual wear, usually wearing his Brigandine when not wearing a doublet. Also keeps his spare gambson for casual wear.

+ Wooden Heater shield painted with a Salitre pattern, the 'X' shape green and the field made of yellow.

Short Stories:
Aftermath of Azerport's First Defence:

Step by step, heart to heart, left right left we all fall down.~
Berndt fought hard throughout the long attack of the undead within the ruined and sacked city of Azerport, his first bite happened within the first minutes of the seige at the eastern gate, and then once more, his strength started to flatter, but his sole fierce nature and adrenaline from the wounds kept him afoot and in the battle. The undead were pushed back from the eastern wall, but moved quickly to the empty and unguarded postion of the southern wall, upon the wall with the Prince Edmund, he faced the mightly force of the undead pushing back the wall, and flew, his stamina withdrawn from his body, and forced to rest.

He could not shake his desire to return to the fight, so he did. Returning to the battlefield to fight among his brother-in-arms. However, this proved to be the final straw for him, fighting with the power of a stronger man and battling past the wounds, he was bit twice in the final moments of the defence, yet, his stamina and desire to battle did not fade, he fought till his final bit of strength, and then was dragged off the field by King Peter I, after aiding his son the Prince of Anhald to safety.

Furchtlos Und Treu

Journals/Recounts:
Day: Unknown Month: Sunbright 2260:

I've been declared free of the illness now, I've heard they were calling it 'Skraag's Touch' like the Being described in the holy books, something about the dead and undead, sounds clever I suppose. I took the first boat I could find towards Queen's Port and found no one there, I had expected a better return, but I did not get one. Since returned to Haven, got mocked for my name, and watched a sparr, and thats that.

Art:

Thank you so much Ruulu

Elz

Cukie1

Omikuji

Elz

MRPolo13

Last edited:

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
"And now it begins."
"No. Now it ends."

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
The picture above the wheat bale is broken, due to not allowing links by cooltext. For the rest, sweet profile!

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Small Updates;
- Social status, and other small things
- Working on adding a list of gear on the third reserve.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Small Update, Roy added to relations and the wealth updated, as he made some money selling some daggers today C,:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Small update, if anyone wants a relation please let me know.