Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Solid_snake619, Jagster08 [Declined]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheus

Lord of Altera
Villager
Morpheus_Dream
Morpheus_Dream
Villager
First of all let me say that this isn't a ban appeal or in any way an apology.

I log in on my alt account with the intention of Roleplaying my character "En ymmärrä".

Considering I haven't got round to writing up a character profile I'll give you the short version.
The Character doesn't speak English, in fact he only speaks Finnish.
As a player I speak perfect English, I don't actually speak Finnish I'm using darned Google translate.
He's not from this land and even his name is "I don't understand" in Finnish. This was intended as a little joke as somewhere his actual name got lost in translation.

I go into the crossroads inn and in roleplay ask where I could find a horse. The person confused by this (which was to be expected), wonders off and later comes back and tells me that if I wanted to speak another language I should use <>. However that negates the whole point of my character as he's not supposed to understand you or you understand him. Perhaps later he would learn common.

Now you're probably wondering, but wait how did you get banned for that?

After checking the entire rules section about not being able to in-roleplay speak another language and finding that there was no rule. I explained this to the other player only for them to get a staff member who basically made up a rule on the spot and then to have the cheek to dare to remove my darned roleplay name.

I'm angry at this for three reasons:
1. Because it's ruining my valid roleplay, in no way did I ever speak Finnish outside of Rp chat.
2. Because despite me trying to show that I am in fact correct, the staff member simply went "Might makes right" and essentially made up a rule on the spot.
3. Because the staff member claimed my roleplay was "Trolling" simply because of a simple comment where I said that it was funny to mess with people, meaning that watching people not understand my character was in fact rather amusing.

I'm sure you could call me out an arguing with a staff member, because I did. But that's is because I'm not willing to be bossed around by someone making up rules on the spot.

All in all, I am incredibly offended by the staff member in question's actions and I really think everyone is making a big deal out of something small.

Morpheus

Lord of Altera
Villager
Morpheus_Dream
Morpheus_Dream
Villager
I was not willing to be bullied, as you can see I am more than willing to argue my case.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Hollowworld is an English roleplaying server, first and foremost. All the rules are in english and one will generally need to speak and comprehend english in order to play on the server in an involved capacity. I've looked at the logs and it just looks like you're doing it to be bothersome, argumentative, and troll.

In essence, little has changed since the last time you were here, and you were allowed back on the understanding you'd be on good behavior.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.