Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sybbyl0127's TS Ban Appeal [Resolved-Unbanned]

Sybbyl

Lord of Altera
Blessed
Sybbyl
Sybbyl
Blessed
Never written one of these before but, I'm hoping i can try to keep it simple.

I know what I did wrong. I used Teamspeak as a place to vent my misplaced anger and frustration about an issue that was my fault in the first place. Instead of understanding that A: I shouldn't have logged on when I was so angry, and B: I should have actually spoken to the staff personally about my issues, I went ahead and got on TS to rant about the staff team behind their backs.

It was a mistake, to let myself think that the staff would not have been willing to work with me about the issue that frustrated me so. By saying the things that I did, I tarnished the name of the staff team in the eyes of the members that were present for my ranting, and there aren't a lot of ways to repair that besides apologizing, and taking back the things that I said.

Michcat, I said quite a few things about you personally that I'd like to take back. I was under the impression that you had known all this time about Dorothy's skills and only just chosen now to say they weren't properly gained through the correct type of RP, it was immature of me to assume such before asking you first. At this point, I understand that I was wrong, if you had known before, you would have told me then, I'm sorry.

Somnastra, I blindly based my words against you according to one simple complication you and I had in the past, I know I was wrong back then, and I was wrong this time when I ranted in my frustration. You are a wonderful RP'er, and a sweet staff member. All the other times that I have had issues and you were the one who came to me, you were kind and understanding, I was wrong to say those things about you, I'm sorry.

Naelwyn. I don't expect you to forgive me at all for the things I said about you, that is if anyone told you. I understand that your particular approach when facing problems in Altera is not one that is meant to come across as cold or condescending, you simply don't sugar coat it when you don't have to. It's an effective approach, and I feel bad that some people take it the wrong way, even I have one or two times taken it as insulting when you were simply trying to resolve an issue by being direct, I'm sorry.

If I have forgotten anyone, please tell me, I don't want to leave any that I may have insulted in my horribly misguided attempts to satiate my anger by taking it out on the staff team.

It is entirely up to the staff members as to whether or not I am unbanned on Teamspeak, whatever your conclusion I will not argue, I broke the rules and I understand now, thank you, as some of you already have expressed that my insulting words from my rant have not changed your views about me, and that amount of understanding and forgiveness is all I need to keep on. Even if I don't get unbanned from teamspeak.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Sorry, Sybbyl, we're discussing it, I've just been kind of distracted and forgot to let you know.

Sybbyl

Lord of Altera
Blessed
Sybbyl
Sybbyl
Blessed
TSgirl.png
I drew a thing x)
If it's not appropriate to post here, by all means delete it, just having a little fun

Sybbyl

Lord of Altera
Blessed
Sybbyl
Sybbyl
Blessed
Sorry, Sybbyl, we're discussing it, I've just been kind of distracted and forgot to let you know.
Kinda, been discussing for a while. Any opinions on the appeal or..? I can write another if you all said no to it, or maybe Im supposed to wait for a certain amount of time? Just feelin kinda forgotten, is all.. Sorry bout the bother

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
There was never really any real consensus, but now that I have internet again (!!!!!) I'll take stock tomorrow and see where we're at.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Alright, Sybbyl, it's likely that you will get unbanned from TS, but I wanted to cover a few things first.

First I wanted to thank you for admitting the individuals that you spoke harshly about, although there was a sentiment among others that without knowing what was said, they couldn't forgive. Since I was only aware that you had been ranting about Michcat, and can interpolate the general topic for all three, I'm not concerned with specifics. It is likely to only make us upset.

I want to express before we do any unbanning, though, that you have a lot of influence with players on the server, and staff knows that you do. Which is why it is particularly disappointing to us when you use RP techniques that are not accepted on the server. A lot of players seem to look up to you, Sybbyl, and I want nothing more than for you to set a perfect example of roleplaying. You do do a fantastic job of avoiding metagaming with all your various alts, as best I can tell, but that's not all there is to it.

When you give the kind of pushback that we received on this (and other things, if I recall, just not so... vociferous), it really makes me sad. Because you interact with a lot of players more than even Mich does much of the time, a lot of them might take your view on things as the Truth. And as you said, it was biased and unreasonable.

What I'm interested in is trying to find a way that this doesn't happen again. As I said, this isn't the first time you've gotten upset at something we've asked you to change, or at least acknowledge was not acceptable, it was simply the first time we were aware of you being so vocal in TS. Any ideas?

Sybbyl

Lord of Altera
Blessed
Sybbyl
Sybbyl
Blessed
Alright, Sybbyl, it's likely that you will get unbanned from TS, but I wanted to cover a few things first.

First I wanted to thank you for admitting the individuals that you spoke harshly about, although there was a sentiment among others that without knowing what was said, they couldn't forgive. Since I was only aware that you had been ranting about Michcat, and can interpolate the general topic for all three, I'm not concerned with specifics. It is likely to only make us upset.

I want to express before we do any unbanning, though, that you have a lot of influence with players on the server, and staff knows that you do. Which is why it is particularly disappointing to us when you use RP techniques that are not accepted on the server. A lot of players seem to look up to you, Sybbyl, and I want nothing more than for you to set a perfect example of roleplaying. You do do a fantastic job of avoiding metagaming with all your various alts, as best I can tell, but that's not all there is to it.

When you give the kind of pushback that we received on this (and other things, if I recall, just not so... vociferous), it really makes me sad. Because you interact with a lot of players more than even Mich does much of the time, a lot of them might take your view on things as the Truth. And as you said, it was biased and unreasonable.

What I'm interested in is trying to find a way that this doesn't happen again. As I said, this isn't the first time you've gotten upset at something we've asked you to change, or at least acknowledge was not acceptable, it was simply the first time we were aware of you being so vocal in TS. Any ideas?
That certainly is a confidence boost-
I am willing to admit, I do in fact have a bit of an issue with, communication when it comes to expressing my own personal problems with certain rulings IG that mean I must change something, I tend to keep it to myself and just complain about it to my friends, in this particular case those friends are, other players. I'm working on this issue, the severity [< not in a bad way] of this particular punishment has sort of drilled the whole "its easier to tell it to staff than players" thing into my head for sure, since I got a lot of my entertainment from the TS channel and I miss talking to everyone [/and especially karaoke oh god/].

It seems I also have an issue with, even though I happily dig through the forums quite a lot, saying "It's hard to find and I didn't know" when I skipped over a thread like the one on solo RP rules, I'm working past the ruling on the fact that my skills were illegitamately gained, i'm over that, I'm willing to admit I overreacted and that.. the things I said were hurtful.

On resolving the issue- I intend from here on, to the best of my ability , to try and keep a simple debative[?lelwords] tone in future complications [hopefully there aren't any, but just a precaution], and try to express my views as openly as possible with the staff team, instead of venting to the players..

If I did'nt cover something, feel free to ask me about it-, I definately don't want to leave anything unsaid here, or unexplained.. x)