Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon Teeth

Desalina

Loyal Servant of Altera
{Lumber Yard}
A young Moor Elf sits under the old tree, resting her body after a hard day's work. "Labor!" The Moor would exclaim. "I never knew cutting trees down could be such hard work."
She sets down her axe, resting her head against the back of the tree. She doesn't bother looking at the field of newly planted saplings next to the tree.
"I really hope Sasha gets around to hiring a new person for the lumber mill. I haven't even had time to take a break today."
The Moor woman had an unpleasant taste in her mouth, as if she ate something strange lately. Her stomach says otherwise, grumbling loudly in protest.
"I should go and get something to eat right now." The woman says as she moves to get up with a grunt. She reaches down to get the axe, grimacing slightly as her body aches, still not used to hard work.
"Ain't never worked a day in my life, now this." She realizes she is talking to herself as she picks up her axe. She looks around awkwardly for a second before rubbing her tired eyelids. Bags begin to form under her eyes from staying up so late.
With a deep breath and a bit of a stretch, she begins to make her way home in the dark. The first thing she passes by is the sapling nursery. She walks along the left side of fence wall, looking at the young trees inside the nursery. "Nothing wrong here, I guess." She rolls her eyes, unsure as to why she is talking so much. "Maybe because I haven't talked to anyone all day." She shuffles past the last stretch of the fence, making her way past a pile of logs. She sniffs slightly, looking at the axe lodged in the tree trunk near the pile of logs. "I should chop that up into firewood early next morning." {Looks like it's going to rain soon.} She hurries past the piles of logs, glancing to the waterwheel saw as she passes it. She begins to notice just how quiet everything is at the moment. As close as she is to the river, she can't hear it. A few opossum come into view. They linger on the beams in the roof of the bridge for a while before skittering off. She looked around for any night dwelling creatures, and only saw a few Owls. One of them was awfully small for an Owl. It seemed to follow her movements as she walked by. It was perched on a log near the top of a pile. She didn't take her eyes off of the smaller Owl(?) as she walked. There was something about it that fascinated her. It looked more like a Crow when she really looked at it. She just couldn't tell what it was about it. The Owl ruffled up it's feathers, as if it was trying to prove it was real. It looked nearly twice as large with it's feathers ruffled up. She tilted her head to the side for a second, her brows slightly furrowing as she It turned it's head to the side and gave the woman quite a surprise. It was a crow! It's beady eyes seemed to glow a soft shade of amber. The bird didn't fascinate her anymore, not at all. Without realizing it, she begins to pick up her pace, soon reaching the bridge and briskly walking up the few steps. "Something ain't right here." She mumbles under her breath as she crosses the bridge. She crosses the distance in under a minute, looking back every five seconds or so before abruptly coming to a stop. "What am I doing?" The woman looks around again, seeing nothing suspicious. She realizes she is breathing much too fast, slowly collecting herself and calming down. She takes a deep breath and looks around, then she closes her eyes and exhales. Just a quiet night. "Yeah, just a quiet night." The woman turns from the bridge to run up the path and into the town. "Just a -" She would have repeated this if it were not for the bird. She stopped when she heard it's footsteps. She didn't think it was possible. It was dark, quiet out. There was no moon for her this night. She could not tell herself apart from the darkness. Still she knew, it was right there. Following her about thirty feet back, the strange bird was walking with a bit of swagger. She didn't stop to look back. She began sprinting for her house. Everyone else was asleep at this point. She could hear it chasing after her. It was gaining on her! Something was chasing her on all fours now. She had trouble believing it was a bird. She could hear heavy breathing behind her. With a startled yelp, she realized she could feel it's hot breath on her neck. Her body was aching from the running she was doing, the breath becoming hotter on the back of her neck. She started to tear up as she ran, scared for her life "Oh gods! No no no. This cannot be happening. Please help me someone!" Without thinking, the Moor Elf swung her arm behind her, hoping to land a hit on it's face. "Huh?" She looked at the empty space where it would have been..She does not stop running, nearly at the street her quarters are on when she sees it...skidding to a stop, shaking her head. "There is no way you're real!" The woman looks at the creature before her. Her eyes widen as a sickening popping sound can be hear. Something about it changing. "I really need to get some sleep, and so-. . .on. It is right in front of her when she takes her hands off of her eyes. Her face falls, her arms reaching up to try and touch it. A sickening crunching sound "No!" The Moor woman lets out a piercing shriek as she wakes up. She realizes she is about to fall off of her branch before clinging to it with all of her might. She was too scared to look down and realize it is a lower branch, that she could just fall down and she would be fine. Her sharp ears perk up when she hears flapping in the distance. She is fully awake now, one of her eyes opening wide and scanning the area. It was the same field of trees that she had been working in, except they were not entirely cut down yet. With a sigh she realized that she had fallen asleep on the job. Her axe was on the ground, just waiting to be picked up. She was up there on a branch, just waiting to fall down. With a tired sigh she let herself fall from the low branch to the ground with a soft thump. She winced a little as she fell, but felt no real pain...maybe a little. "No more drinking on the job for me.." Her thoughts wandered to the three bottles she kept stashed around the older tree. "That was some nightmare..I need to stop drinking cheap drinks." She realized it was already the next morning. With a tired sigh, she rubbed her eyelids again and dragging herself, along with her axe to the base of the tree. She would continue cutting down the tree.