Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon The Agony of the Son

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
Vowrawn stepped off the Junk as it pulled into the Dockside of a town in Vowrawns homeland, the air was muggy and humid, practically able to be bitten into or cut with a knife. The stoney houses dripping with condensation as Vowrawn thanked the Master of the Ship in Mok’yra before he pushed his hair back and stepped off into the streets. There was a sickening scream and then a crunch heard down an alleyway before a vicious laugh which caused Vowrawn to visibly shudder as he kept to the well lit street way, making sure he kept to the nearby doors so he could bolt inside a building if he had needed to. Vowrawns boots carved thick sludgy prints into the sodden mixture of stone, gravel and dirt that made up the road leading to the dock as he elected to steal a torch from a nearby sconce and lift it up to provide some form of portable light, not that the guard came down here too often unless there was a riot so he felt safe in the knowledge that he wouldn’t be caught.

1655768312689.png

Vowrawn passed the wreckage of a carriage with the sigil of the Grey Lady painted onto the side of it with the words underneath it written: “Prepare for your judgement” in Mok’yra script. Vowrawn enjoyed the warm until the smell of cooking flesh reached his nose and he visibly retched at the smell before picking up the pace, coming upon large spire that jutted from the dark, craggy buildings that peppered the streets in no concept of repetition, some houses were built on top of eachother. Khovr’Umrut Asylum rose from the street like a huge, black Tree. It was one of Vowrawns homelands many towers, which had originally being conceived so Upper Class Clans could live in peace with their Retainers, Servants and respective workforces all living in one place, however when a Clan lost its status as a Upper Class Clan or it was driven out of the city, they were usually claimed to serve as Hospitals, Asylums or any other matter of public building. Vowrawn approached the large wooden doors that stood in front of the Asylums courtyard, above the door read the Towers former owners: The Clan of Hal’Khovr’Umrut, a relatively adolescent clan which ran afoul of the current ruling clan of Vowrawns homeland when they attempted to kill the ruling Clans heir, such acts were conveniently and promptly blamed on a Jishriimite member of the Khovr’Umrut Clan but they were soon surprised when the ruling clan had arrived at their tower and promptly massacred everyone, even the servants. Vowrawn raised his eyebrows, thinking that his Clan, when they were reverted to Servant Status after his fathers many blunders, got off very lightly.
1655768446806.png
Vowrawn stepped through a service door and into a dimly lit reception area where a young woman scribbled onto a scroll, the only sources of light being a chandelier and a candle next to the woman.
“Hello?” Vowrawn enquired, his face frowning at the woman who paid him no heed.
“Hello…?” He said again
“What” the woman said forcefully
“I’m here to see my Father, Ful” Vowrawn was immediate cut off
“If you know where he is and how to get there, go see him. Don’t bother me” The woman said acidly, not even bothering to look at Vowrawns face the whole time. Vowrawns face frowned and he felt for the bag of money that he brought to pay for his fathers fee’s in his satchel but elected to just continue onto his fathers room. The corridors of the Asylum twisted and curved in strange ways as Vowrawn travelled down them before he eventually came to a service stairway. Vowrawns father: Fulgrim was accommodate in one of the larger cells, which in truth was actually a minor Clan nobles quarters on the upper levels, Vowrawn has organised this due to the fact that Fulgrim was a physician, and could actually operate on other patients during times which he mind was more saner, combined with Vowrawn paying for Fulgrims food and expenses which came to roughly 5000 Radiants a month, Fulgrim lived a relatively content life when he wasn’t screaming for the death of Humans all day. Vowrawn opened the door to Fulgrims room before closing a latch behind him with a sigh before sitting down on a finely upholstered chair, looking at his father rocking backwards and forwards in a straight jacket.

1655768679009.png

“Father, it's me, Vowrawn… your firstborn.” Vowrawn said attempting to get his fathers attention, unbuckling the strap of his seax, this was not the first time Vowrawns father had attempted to attack him.

Fulgrims features snapped to look at Vowrawn and he smiled, springing up and ambling towards him before grinning in his face with vicious eyes. Fulgrims teeth long ago had being files into fangs as he had taken a route of debasement and began participating in the flesh of his peers and the perfectly locking jaws of sharp teeth stared at Vowrawn as much as Fulgrims eyes did before Fulgrim sat down on a table. “Long time, Vowrawn. Yes. Yes… Long Time. Yes… YES! Come to disappoint me again…? Yes…? Yes…? Disappoint your father, yes…”

Vowrawns eyes rolled, not reacting to his fathers verbal attacks. “Have you taken your medication?” he asked limply. The truth was Vowrawn did not wish to be here and had only arrived to pay for his fathers medical fee.

“Poison… Poison me, Vowrawn? Your own father? Kill me because of what I did to your mother? Weak… Weak.” Vowrawn twitched, this was the first time Fulgrim had made any mention of his mother, Vowrawn stood up and looked at his father before he jibbered again.

“Clan… Clan… I want us to go to war, yes… yes… I said I want to go to war.” Fulgrim said before he was silenced by Vowrawn who bellowed at his father in an undisputed rage

“With what Army, father!? What money!? What Family?! There are five of us! Including you! That's the direct clan not counting cousins and who knows how many there are! You have ruined us! I scrape by paying for..” Vowrawn snarled as he grabbed his fathers jacket and dragged him up, snarling in his face before his voice dropped back to a whisper. “Which I scrape by paying for you… to scream and shout and ruin our name… You evil… evil man.”

1655768861748.png
As if testing Vowrawn, which Fulgrim had done for many years, he laughed in Vowrawns face before the laughing was immediately curtailed by a gasping as Vowrawn twitched, his hands wrapped around his fathers throat, his grip tightening as Fulgrim writhed in order to free himself him but he only found himself being pushed against a stone wall as Vowrawn slammed the back of Fulgrims head against it, a sickening crack being heard before another sounded out as Fulgrims body went limp, blood pooling onto Vowrawns hands as he stepped back, Fulgrims eyes looking at his son and killer.

“Vow…rawn. My Oldest Boy” death rattled Fulgrim before he finally expired. Vowrawn looked at his hands and closed his eyes, emotions clogged his mind as his heart began to feel heavier and heavier, he blinked his eyes open and looked once more, they remained red with the blood of his father. Vowrawn cried in anguish as he kicked the chair where he had sat, the chair shattering to pieces against the wall as Vowrawn stepped off to the door, opening it only to be greeted with a guard who stood aghast at Vowrawns red hands. Vowrawn reached into his satchel and shoved the bag of 5000 radiants for his fathers stay into the guards chest before continuing his walk out of the Asylum.

1655769113332.png

Vowrawn would do what he needed to do to bring his clan back to what it used to be, before the madness, before the cannibalism, he would make them noble and true once more and if he had to kill his own father to do this, then he would, a thousand times over.