Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Bank of Uliima Gurum

Markisbeest

Lord of Altera
Ever wanted to hide something?
Wanted to store some stolen goods?
Keep that amazing item safe?
Ditch those bodies you don't want anyone to find?
Be at ease! For the Free City of Uliima Gurum has the answer for you!

At Uliima Gurum, we are now building custom, highly secured vaults!
These vaults are opened and closed using a pin-code.

2012-11-17_01.45.55.png

The pin can consist of an unlimited number of digits ranging from 1 to 9.
Numbers can be used multiple times.
For example: 19348322643284315372327 can be used as a pin, aswell as 1231

To make your vault even more secure, we offer the option to add any unused numbers to the reset list.
For example, if your code is 1231 and you add 4 to the reset list, that would mean that nobody can simply mash all the buttons and open your vault, because every time button 4 is pressed the code to your vault will be reset and have to be reentered.

The Free City of Uliima Gurum has no interest in knowing what you use your vault for and there for the secrets of what lay inside your vault are completely unknown to all but those who have the code to open it.

A final security measure is the following: to gain access to the actual vaults themselves, you need the code to your own vault aswell as the code to open the door leading to the vaults. This code is known by very few people, and for one to be able to access their vault one of these people have to be on. A list of these people is added below:

- Markisbeest (Lord Markus Groothart)

A preview vault is available for viewing in Uliima Gurum (interior in this vault is kept to a bare minimum).

Interiors of the vaults are completely customizable, as long as you do not break any of the redstone wiring needed for the vault security system.

Space in the vaults is open for debate, possibly adding to the price of the vault.

You can get to Uliima Gurum by boat from Nilfheim, which in turn can be reached by boat from Stormhold.
Once you've reached Uliima Gurum, the vaults are reached by following the following route:

2012-11-17_01.15.56.png
Leave the docks by walking up the stairs.

2012-11-17_01.16.19.png
Enjoy your walk through Bloodshed Street, continue straight ahead.

2012-11-17_01.16.32.png
Enter the Public District and walk down the stairs.

2012-11-17_01.17.15.png
Go to your right, there you should see a sign saying Vaults.

2012-11-17_01.22.47.png
Do as the sign says and enter the vaults using our completely safe elevator.

This brings us to the last point, pricing.
Every vault has at least a 4 digit pin.
A standard vault has a 4-digit pin and no reset list digits.
- 8k​
Every extra digit.
- 1k​
Every extra reset list-digit.
- 2k​

We, of the Bank of Uliima Gurum, hope to be doing business with you soon.
And remember, everyone has a dirty little secret, luckily we're here to keep them safe.

Markisbeest

Lord of Altera
Won't the redstone contraptions just cause unnecessary lag?
They are actually fairly simple contraptions, so no
Also this bank is a great rp function in my opinion, since things get stolen if you keep them in your house in medieval times. While banks are relatively safe. So defo not unnecessary...

W

wakerman4

I like this idea! In fact, I love the idea.

But I still am very worried about putting my stuff into the vault :/

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
How much active redstone is involved?

I know Sally had server-wide lag problems from a single pin coded door, and that was one with a fixed-length pin.

(There are problems with Redstone. Even a single person's work with mechanisms is honestly enough to start lagging the server substantially. There are ways to minimize this, but active redstone and redstone mechanisms in general, need to be examined carefully.)

Markisbeest

Lord of Altera
All the redstone is static, there's no automated circuits involved, no clocks, no nothing that I think can cause lag.
If you must, you have someone check out the systems, but I do not experience any lag when I'm using them. At most I get lag from the vast amounts of lava in my basement.

W

wakerman4

I am going to save up my rads now. I do like this idea. A lot.

Markisbeest

Lord of Altera
I might buy one... although are these vaults Syrien accessible?
hmmmm, there's not really water running all the way through if that's what you mean, there is however a puddle of water near the vault access, I dunno if that suffides.

Also apologies for the late reply, the thread unwatched itself :/

NiNi

MooCat
hmmmm, there's not really water running all the way through if that's what you mean, there is however a puddle of water near the vault access, I dunno if that suffides.

Also apologies for the late reply, the thread unwatched itself :/
Close enough.

Markisbeest

Lord of Altera
None open, we're making them to the wishes of our customers, but open up a private convo "Letter" with me and we can fetch you one. Or you can poke me in-game and check everything out first.