Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The blood shadow (assassin cult)

d_fry

Lord of Altera
"may a shadow of blood envelop the world"

near a river lies a small bandit town covered in fog. the water gently washes against the shore and a boat glides up to the small dock. all is silent except the distant laughter of drunk mercenaries counting their plunder. a cloaked figure steps out of the boat and walks up the misty path tword the stone dragon tavern. a burly thug steps in front of the figure and points a crude sword at his chest. "give me 200 r or ill spill you". the cloaked figure replied only with one phrase "im looking for blood" the color washed from the bandit's face and he backed down a side street. the cloaked figure continued twords the tavern. as he opened the tattered wooden door, the smell of hard ale stung his nose. swords and shields lay about the room and a variety of shady characters glared from their seats. the cloaked figure walked up to the bartender, keeping a weary eye behind him. "im looking for blood" was all he said. the bartender nodded and brought him into a dimly lit back room. as the bartender retreated back to the counter, a figure emerged from the shadows. he wore a blood red amour and a black hooded mask. the mask had one unique feature, a red smile about where his mouth would be on the mask. the cloaked figure cowered slightly but regained his composure and said "i want someone killed". he handed the figure a bag of coin as well as a note. "send word when it is finished" the cloaked man replied. the figure simply nodded and returned into the shadow.

this is the more developed version of my new assassin guild. the idea is to involve more role play into the bounty system. potential clients would have to make a first contact by looking around a town crawling with thugs. (though i will create the town later and that part should go in town thread). bandits would have homes in the town and would be allowed to rob within the PvP town. clients would escape robbery with the phrase "im looking for blood", signaling that they are a client of the greatly feared blood shadow. assassins are not outward about their profession and only wear their blood shadow armor while on missions or in the hide out. they can live normal double lives like my character who is a war vet and farms.

i am not taking direct applicants right now. anyone however who gives a donation of over 500 r or a large amount of nether brick will be made part of the organization. in stage 1 i will build the underground blood shadow chambers. then the assassins who donated can move in and start to make money as assassins. at this point all contracts would be via forum messaging. in stage 2 the tavern and town will be built and role play will begin. if needed then i will take applicants for assassins. mercenaries and bandits can buy cheap housing at this point (houses and tavern rooms). stage 3 is just the general growth of the above town.

this project will take lots of effort and time but i believe we can create something worth of altera's assassins. -d_fry

here is the link to the original version http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?threads/assassin-guild.14948/#post-157116 .

d_fry

Lord of Altera
those who want to fund this project

rp name: (example snowhawk)
username: (example d_fry)
amount given: (example 500 r)
materials given: (example 5 stacks of nether brick and one stack nether brick stairs)
wanted role: (benefactor, assassin, bartender, ect)
paid?: (have we already transacted the donation)

note donors who give 2000 r will be given a free contract once the guild is running

d_fry

Lord of Altera
these are the roles

grim: the leader of the guild (d_fry)
bartender: runs bar and fronts the operation
assassins: are sent to kill (obviously)
benefactor: simply funds the guild remotely without getting dirty, can call upon the guild for military aid/guarding.
also has the guilds full protection.
bandit: just protects the entrance and robs people, simple enough.

Hilter

Legend of Altera
As you are a newbie here I'd like to give you a piece of advice. Its better to serve than to lead. There is a whole town dedicated to banditry (Protaras), there is a thieves guild in House Lonmar, and There are a few mercenary or assassin organizations, such as the Emerald Mercenaries (AKA the Emerald Guard). If you are more interested in spilling blood for bloods sake, there is the bloody thirsty Cult of Kilrox. I suggest you join one or two of these organizations, rather than attempting to start your own guild.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
As you are a newbie here I'd like to give you a piece of advice. Its better to serve than to lead. There is a whole town dedicated to banditry (Protaras), there is a thieves guild in House Lonmar, and There are a few mercenary or assassin organizations, such as the Emerald Mercenaries (AKA the Emerald Guard). If you are more interested in spilling blood for bloods sake, there is the bloody thirsty Cult of Kilrox. I suggest you join one or two of these organizations, rather than attempting to start your own guild.
You forgot to talk about the defenders of the Light, such as House Hawklight and The Golden Crusade.

Axell

Lord of Altera
I like it, but, you'll never get a kick off unless you have a larger guild help you, getting you friends with the right people, protecting you for now, things like that. (I reccomend having The Blades help you, I'm the owner)

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
I like it, but, you'll never get a kick off unless you have a larger guild help you, getting you friends with the right people, protecting you for now, things like that. (I reccomend having The Blades help you, I'm the owner)
Whats the Blades?

Axell

Lord of Altera
rp name: Axell
username: vmmv22
amount given: 1,000 radiants
materials given: Plants (6 seeds and 2 saplings)
wanted role: Assassin
paid?: Not yet

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I'd like to second Hilter's advice. You don't seem to know a ton of people on the server yet, and we don't really know much about you either. Hang out with another group and get to be friends with the community. Be a part of another organization, city, and house and see what all it takes to run such places. It's an awesome tool for learning how to run your own organization some day.

Axell

Lord of Altera
I'd like to second Hilter's advice. You don't seem to know a ton of people on the server yet, and we don't really know much about you either. Hang out with another group and get to be friends with the community. Be a part of another organization, city, and house and see what all it takes to run such places. It's an awesome tool for learning how to run your own organization some day.
Actually, third his advice, I said pretty much the same thing I:

d_fry

Lord of Altera
thanks for the advise, ive joined a city and i tried a bounty that ended poorly. right now i will be content as a bartender. its a great way to make friends.