Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Inactive] Gold and Purple, the Siren Song

Gaby

Lord of Altera
cooltext1838945528.png
Playlists:
Childhood: Speaks Without a Verse

Listen Here
Adulthood: From the Trees Upon the Sea
Coming Soon

From the Trees Upon the Sea small.png

KEY INFORMATION:
Name: Serella Caedit
Pronounced: Se-RAY-ya KAY-dit
Nickname: Serri
Race: Elf
Height: 6’5”
Sexuality: Demisexual (x)
Date of Birth: 6th of Fogwater
Homeland: Queen’s Port, Golden Bay
Current Home: Lithui, Azerport

PHYSIOLOGY:
Physical Appearance: Serella is an elven woman, with golden brown hair that curls but rarely and tangles more often. her skin is tanned to a vaguely reddish hue, and she has a look of alertness in her bright blue eyes. She has inherited her mother’s fairness and her father’s focused demeanor, giving Serella a face that could be cold and intimidating, were it not for her warm, inviting smile.

Hygiene: she always seems to have collected some kind of dirt. though she does bathe, it’s usually not long before she gets herself dirty again

Voice: smooth and surprisingly deep, and often with an odd undertone of restraint, as she often works to control the volume of her own voice.

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
Personality: Outgoing, Extroverted, Clingy
Strengths: Strong, Adventurous, Affectionate, Determined, Honorable, Clever, Determined, Passionate
Weaknesses: Impulsive, Stubborn, Lesser hearing, is quick to trust, is needy and desperate for comfort
Fears: Starvation, Abandonment
Disabilities: she has damaged her own hearing, and can no longer hear at the same level of other silver elves. noise is muted to her, and time will tell if she may yet be able to recover.

Body: she’s very strong and healthy, and her elven blood gives her a swiftness that she revels in. she is most comfortable when she doesn’t think, she can endure most physical tests.
Mind: a fast learner, a questioning mind. However, she is indecisive, and has difficulty making judgment calls. she often finds herself acting very close to strangers, as she doesn’t like being alone.
Spirit: willful and determined. When she pushes towards her goals, she is a force to be reckoned with.

Languages: common and elven. has difficulties with reading and writing.

Likes: Colors, Food, Flowers, The Sea, Snow, Winter, Spring, Intimacy, Strength, Running, Swimming
Dislikes: Reading, Etiquette, Lying, Cats,

the padraserr.png

BACKSTORY:
The child of Aellana Senatoor (later Coralin Caedit) and John de Beaumont. when Serella was but an infant, Aellana had resigned from her duties as mayor of Queen's Port, vanishing somewhere up north, and bringing two children with her.
Aellana has disappeared along with her child.
It was in this place that Serella lived the first four years of her life, in a warm fort in the midst of the freezing cold emptiness.

She was fearless and adventurous, never content to sit still, always wanting to try something new. The fortress, rather than being a prison, was her only home. She loved the snow, she loved the warmth of the fire, and she quickly learned the value of caution. She also learned the importance of people in one’s life. She hated being alone.

At this time, her mother and her father had grown estranged, though Serella herself had never known of this. She never saw her father. She didn’t know she had one.

When she met Anastasia Lavoyard, she did not know the child was supposedly kidnapped. All she knew was that this child was from the outside world, and Serella wanted to be her friend.

Because of her mother’s actions, Serella was disowned by the Beaumont, a family she had not even known of.

This character is no longer acknowledged as Beaumont in Role-play, John de Beaumont, and all higher-above family members have agreed for it to be disowned.​
Claiming to be part of the Beaumont family will be met with apprehension and trial.​
She did not know why, one day in the early morning, her mother said they had to leave. she did not know what the phrase “we are not welcome here” meant. All she knew was that suddenly, she was leaving, and her mother was angry.

When she saw Golden Bay, however, her confusion quickly vanished, replaced by a great sense of wonder. To her, the world had suddenly become colorful and full of life, full of things to explore.

It was overwhelming. It was also strange, going from the lavishly decorated fortress, to the sparse and Spartan home they now lived in. but she took it in stride, because as she saw it, the colors had just moved outside. She would soon take to wandering her new home, touching everything around her, experiencing the world. now she rarely felt alone.

one day, her brother wanted to make a bow. she was happy, as this was the one thing she could see bringing them together. they worked hard to make it, but...
she made one dear mistake, and with that, snapped the bow into pieces. this distressed her, but it only one of many times she had made a careless mistake.
she always felt pathetic, for always making these mistakes. she always thought mother loved Loup more. rather than be jealous about this, however, she figured she deserved it.

one day, they travelled to Azerport, when they were beset by bandits.

The Death of Coralin Caedit
The Caedit family walks down a lone stone path, Coralin holding onto the reins of their lone horse, as her darling daughter Serella rides on top. Loup walks close to her side, staring out to the horizon. A bone chilling wind blows across their face as they continue down the path towards Azerport.
“Moooooooom, how much longer till Azurpor?” Serella whines as they continue, shivering slightly as the freezing wind cut through to the bone..

“Just awhile longer, we are about half way there.” Coralin replies in a calm, happy tone as she smiles up at her.

Loup at first looked worried before he smiles once more to his mother and says, “Do you think we can find someone to make me a bow there?”

Coralin smiles back at him, oblivious to the ominous wind and nods, “If anywhere I bet we can find someone there.”

As they continue they see a small group of about three, armed and rough appearance men on the side of the road. Coralin slowly tries to move around them, trying to keep their distance, having a slight uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach. As they get closer, the one man ran in front of them and the other two flank their sides and smile at them. Coralin smiles back, rather wary of their appearance. All of them wearing tight leather clothing slightly ripped in places.

“Where are you lot headed?” Says one men as he cocks his head to the side, sickly grinning wide at the group before him.

Coralin tightens her grip around the reins, her unease settling in as she says to them, “We are just making a trip to Azerport.”

One of them having brown hair and dark green eyes walks up to her, speaking to her with a calm, but intimidating tone. “What’s a pretty woman like you got to do in Azerport?” He goes out of his way to look her up and down. His eyes linger at her chest much longer than was needed.

Coralin shutters slightly at his words and she notices Loup tense up at her side. “Just making a little trip..”

Serella was quietly sitting upon the horse, smiling cluelessly at the armed men in front of her.

“You look pretty wealthy, am I right?” He grins as he grabs her wrist, holding it tight within his iron grip.

Coralin instantly tries to pull her hand away with force starting to get frightened by the man. “L-let me go this instant-”

As she says this Loup darts forward, using his tiny stature to slip past the man’s guard and grab his dagger. Slipping the blade out of it’s sheath and into the Bandit’s arm, growling at the man. “Hands off my mother!”. The Bandit would yell and curse but quickly grabs the struggling Loup and throws him to the ground. Serella lets out an ear piercing scream as her brother is thrown to the ground, terrified by what is happening.

Coralin would shout out in horror “Loup, no!” before hitting the side of the horse that Serella rides on and knowing things would only get worse, yells “Go! Run! Don’t turn back!” Serella had no choice in the matter, panicked and scared, as she is carried deep into the woods by the horse.

Loup is then grabbed by the man and forced to stand, holding his hands behind his back. One man, who was obviously the leader then barks and orders for one of the others to shoot down the fleeing girl, his rage blinding his judgement at that moment. Loup called out then as one of the men raised his crossbow, aiming at Serella’s back. “Run mom! Save sister, I'll be right behind you I promise!”.

Coralin quickly runs at the man holding the crossbow in his hand and grabs his arms. the element of surprise on her side as she began forcibly pulling the crossbow down, forcing it to aim directly at her chest instead. The sudden action was the downfall of both her and the bandit holding the weapon aimed at her chest. He fired as his arm was jolted, the heavy and barbed bolt going straight through her heart in an instant.

She falls to the ground, the bolt sticking out of her chest,looking up to her shocked and crying son being held by the brown haired bandit as he drives his fist into Loup's head in anger, knocking him out quickly. She then watches as the leader dropped Loup in a rage, leaving him to begin falling next to his mother before moving over to dispose of the bandit that had shot her. “You killed our ransom money and ticket to riches you MORON!”.

Coralin’s vision begins to fade as she watches her son fall to the floor, his eyes drifting closed along with her own, suddenly feeling a red hot pain in her cheek as she is branded on the cheek with a symbol. The thought of her children being killed shattering her will to continue on as she breathes her very last breath.

The scene looks grim, the two remaining bandits look over the body of the woman and the child, stripping them off all belongings and valuables and leaving them on the side of the road.

The one bandit looks to the other then looks over the edge of the forest. “Should we look for the girl? She saw your face. She might identify you before it is time.”

The leader laughs at him before muttering. “She is just a child, she will probably get lost in those woods and never be seen again. Now lets get back to Azerport before somebody sees us here with these bodies. I need to speak with my dear friend the king anyways.” He says before he mounts his horse, leaving the scene with his remaining men.

“What ever you say, Roran.”
her mother had made Serella's horse run away, then died to save her. Serella did not know of her mother's death at the time, and she struggled greatly to regain control of the horse, and when she did, she became lost in the fields.

by the time she returned to where she figured her mother had to be, her brother had already brought others to the site, and her mother was long dead.
she abandoned her long-held fantasies, when she called to the sea in the hopes that her "real father," the fish, would come.
he did not.

instead, she was led away by apathetic strangers, to her mother's funeral.
none wept for Serella's mother, but Serella herself. even Loup was silent. she looked to Elias, the man with the shining crown who led the great procession, and she asked him questions,
so many questions she had been dying to know.

she asked for her father, and met him for the first time. he came as a drunk, rejected her as his child, even as a person. Elias' words to her after that, she held close:

Remember this, as it is in your blood, no matter what my cousin might say.
"Honour before mercy, Family before all. Bring your family honor in the light, so they may rest in peace when all turns dark."
she walked back to her home, and found it empty. found herself... strangely empty.
now she saw
the paths open before her.

the colors that could be,
if she opened her eyes.

CONTINUED:
Serella had seen many paths, and many colors, yet could never commit to any.

she lived in Valle de Mai for a time, momentarily forgetting her mother's distrust of House Lavoyard, and the followers of Ignis, forgetting for a moment the scorn she'd received at the hands of Beaumont. she was raised by the family Artorius, by soldiers, though that fact never truly registered in her mind. to her, the training their children received was normal. she was loved by them, and in turn loved her new family.

Loup, her brother, had drifted away from her emotionally, the death of their mother ringing particularly strong in his heart. while Serri had desired to move on, desired happiness, Loup wanted revenge for those who had killed his mother and branded his hand.

one day, he left for good, exiled from Valle de Mai, but Serella was so comfortable in her own home that she hadn't bothered to ask or search for him. she simply assumed that this year or the next, he would return. not to say she never missed him, of course, but what's the point of searching for someone who didn't want to be found?

She eventually forgot about him, wrapped up in her own worries, as the Lavoyard's rebellion ousted her from her home. having learned that Peter Hallon, one of the rebels, had usurped the throne of Caedit, Serella had, in her anger, gone to Peter's home and stolen everything she could carry, breaking his bed and his shrine to Ignis.
-WIP-
My in-game name is: gabythedinogirl, ybagthedragonlad

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Relations
(this page is written in IC form. someone who finds the item labeled “Serella’s Journal” will find the following written inside. metagaming rules still apply, as the contents of her personal journal are not public knowledge.)

Might as well put the journal to good use? write down what I have, remember the important stuff, focus on what matters.
starting with people.

~Caedit Family~
Coralin Caedit ~ don’t forget your own mother, Serri! she may be gone, but at least you know where to go to visit her.
down by the grove, at the old shrine to Sallana.
Loup Caedit ~ dearest brother-cousin

Serella Caedit ~ me

Padragin ~ by kindred.

~ Beaumont Family ~
John de Beaumont ~ no-good worthless drunk dad. why does everyone put “de” in his name, and not any of the other Beaumont? I don’t really know. this is the one who disowned me. so clearly, he’s bad.

Valerie Beaumont ~ my aunt. hates me, likes me, I’m not really all that sure anymore. She made a deal with Azoth, and I still don’t remember what that deal was.

Arthorius Lavoyard ~ Lavoyard, Beaumont, same family, I think. we haven’t talked much, though I believe he’s an undead now, thanks to Ignis.

Elias Beaumont ~ Valerie’s brother, my uncle. believe he was archbishop. not sure. he was very helpful.

Sir Charlemagne Lavoyard ~ cousin to me, through… I forget. we never really talked.

Emperor Barthelemy Lavoyard ~ cousin to me, I believe because he’s Valerie’s son? in any case, he’s the emperor of Turia. not big on humor, but tolerates it. I think he and Sheila had a fling once. best not to ask about that.

~ Walterius Family ~
Mila Walterius ~ supposedly the aunt of Loup, moor elven woman

Melosa Crow ~ fairly sure that's her name now. maiden name is apparently Walterius

Calficer Crow ~ husband of Melosa

Loup Caedit ~ related through his father

Corvus Walterius ~ Loup's father

~Other Folk~

Sallana: she saved my life, forgave me for stealing. I made a promise to her. remember that promise.

Tybalt Rhett ~ watch out, Serri, nothing gets past this guy. and, he knows who I am, in the “silver fingers” way. Praise the divines he’s on my side.

Alanna Rhett ~ Tybalt’s sister has a few troubles, and even though she’s way older than me… I wanna help her.

Sheila Cor ~ she is still the queen of Marr. and even if she doesn’t quite share my feelings, it’s some sort of feeling. which is nice.

Saelen ~ ok, if she married Padra, and I marry Padra, does that mean she and me are sisters-in-law. or. am I married to Saelen? this is too confusing. maybe there can be an annulment.

Elrowen ~ dragon rider, befriended a god. once, he sang a lovely lullaby, and he confessed his love for Sheila, in a really, really showy way. kinda stole my thunder. lots of people hate him for the, well, thief stuff. but, he’s a nice guy. and doesn’t really deserve that sort of reputation. he’s not evil, neither is Visage.

Salyeira Rain-River~ friend of Melosa, I think. please remember she’s not a nakat. she’s a caparii. just a really fuzzy one.

Wulfe~ you know who Wulfe is. don’t need a journal to tell you what she did.

Maliyel ~ ugh, this guy is a creep! avoid him at all costs!

Peter Haolin~ took my town, took my mother’s honor, and all those things. I need to face him alone.

~People I Should Find~

Morna Rhett ~ ~ Valle de Mai?
Jaden Seeker ~ ~ Thiil
Azure ~ ~ Thiil
Kopii ~ ~ Thiil
Rosethorn ~ ~ Tambry, or Scourge
Anastasia Lavoyard ~ ~ ask Valerie.
Vlad ~~ not sure. he never gave any hint about where he’d be. big mystery.
"Vicky" Victoria Retell ~ ~ Wolfstadt
Balatro ~~ probably Scourge. bring with the finished project!
Meridian ~~ teaching kids in Azerport? or was it Thiil?
Elias Beaumont ~~ blah blah Lavoyard place
Calcifer Crow ~~ Grafjell

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Checklist
(this page is written in IC form. someone who finds the item labeled “Serella’s Journal” will find the following written inside. metagaming rules still apply, as the contents of her personal journal are not public knowledge.)

don’t lose your stuff!

Clothing Bag
it’s just a glorified sack with a lid on it.

- My Cloak
-Tybalt’s Fancy Dress silver and white, with blue trim, a purple bodice. Tybalt paid.
- The Veil Garb remember the mask!
- Padra’s clothes brown jacket, white pants, shirt
- New Outfit green vest, cloth belt, boots, gauntlets, broken skirt thing

- a small journal this journal, Serri. do not go looking all over for it to realize it was in your hand the whole time
- writing pencil try to replace it if it gets too small
- the stone rabbit
- the necklace from Peter. this one is NOT the gold one for the project, it is nice and silver and wrapped in a yellow cloth so you don’t lose it!
- Loup's necklace. leather chord, with a rectangular lapis pendant, with an engraving of the symbol of Theodra on it.

Weapons
Marr longsword, sheathed in a scabbard of royal blue
Padra’s white yew bow, painted in purple criss-criss at the grip
Lightbringer

Project Materiels
the project for Balatro
the radiant pouch, one diamond ring, one small necklace.

Hair Recipie
Nettle, Rosemary, Sage, a pot, a fire. make it into a very dark tea, wash into hair about twelve times.

-----------

Goals:
you know, an esoteric checklist.
if you didn’t know, Serri, esoteric is that sort of not really there thereness. it doesn’t make sense, and between me and me, I’m not sure it’s really supposed to.

these are from most to least special.

~ Kindred
~ Unite the Caedit Family
~ Lithui
~ Golden Bay
~ The Project
~ Find old friends and thank them
~ Resolve the Lavoyard/Beaumont issue
~ Get Gold it is always good to have a little bit on the side
~ become a better person, become strong, bring honor to the name of Caedit, be happy, never be alone.

OOC notes: Lightbringer's specifics were given to me and I place them here

Overall Length:43'' Blade: 34 1/2''
Weight: 3 lb 6.8 oz
Thickness: 5.1 mm - 4.1 mm
Width: 49.1 mm
Grip Length: 5 1/2''

A steel bladed longsword, wrapped in a light tanned leather with a sun carved into the butt of the sword, the crossguard and butt is cloaked in gold, aside from those notes the rest is fairly normal for a longsword.

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Skills
This page is written in a pseudo-IC form, with the idea of a hypothetical interview being given to the character. metagaming rules still apply.

Profession: ?
Hobbies: Writing whatever comes to mind, Training, Tree-climbing and Swimming in the summer

Combat:
Overview: I am most likely worse than a squire

Hand-to-Hand: you wrestle, I believe. wrestle until the enemy is on the ground and then you kick them. flawless.
Swords: basic
Bow: Padragin’s been trying to get me to be much much better at the bow, though I do feel that most of her advice flies right over my head. I don’t trust myself to fight with a bow just yet.
Crossbow: the last time I tried to shoot a crossbow, I stared at the mekanism and then just took out the bolts and tried to stab someone with it. let us not do that next time.
Spear-and-Shield: basic

Crafting:
Overview: I suppose I shouldn’t stop learning, but it is still hard for me to focus.
Bows: I tried once, tried and failed.
Cooking: my soups are good, but I still haven’t really figured out how to roast meats.
Drawing: are these nice scribbles?

Nobility:
Overview: weirdly enough, Padra’s helped me here more than Valerie ever did. I’m not really sure what that’s supposed to say. maybe that I’m a really bad student.

Posture: if only because everyone tells me to stand up straight. even Padra. Padra, I thought I could trust you.
Holding her Tongue: if only.
Important Personalities: well, I’ve somehow managed to get close to nearly everyone important in Turia, though elsewhere is a mystery, and I haven’t been in Turia in about a year. everything has probably changed.
Survival:
Physical Strength: I’m strong, but not strong enough.
Perception: I’ve always been good at noticing things, though I can’t hear like I used to.
Stealth: I’ve been getting much better. starting to get very very quiet.
Panhandling: I’ve had lots of practice
Wilderness Survival: having lived in a fairly wild area for a year now, one would assume she knows the basics on how to survive in a forest.
Foraging: [wip]
Hunting: [wip]
Climbing: trees, pretty good. mountains, pretty bad.
Swimming: fairly good. not that good.
Camp-Setting: knows how to pitch a tent and start a fire quickly.

Work:
Overall: it’s not really anything to brag about, but then, I guess people don’t brag about being good workers.

Gardening: I know how to do it well enough, but sometimes it is hard to remember to care for the plants. they’re like children, really.
Masonry: I’m learning. it’s a bit hard to stay coordinated, but that’s no excuse not to try.
Woodworking (Construction): same as masonry
Thieving: I seem to have an odd “talent” for it, though I don’t see many practical applications to those skills. except for the obvious, of course.

Social:
Lying: I’m really really bad at it, and probably shouldn’t try to do it.
Garnering Sympathy: people really seem to want to help me, a lot.

Psychological:
Overall: Good enough, getting better all the time
Mental Disorders: Insomnia/Night Terrors
if I sleep alone, well, let’s just say I don’t want to sleep alone.

Anxiety: getting much better
Grasp of Reality: silly fantasies aside, I’m good.
Sleep: fine! unless I’m alone, that is.
Jishrim Susceptibility: why does this category exist?! does Jishrim really walk around and mess with people that often? how am I supposed to grade myself on this?!
Quirks: anxious of sleeping alone, due to her insomnia. thus, she tries not to.

sallanatime small.png

Education
Art:
Music: once, I was learning to play the harp, but I almost completely forgot now. my friends also tried to get me to sing, but I am not really a good singer at all.

Science:
Medicine: I know how to soothe a cough? that is really about it
Herbology: just about enough, to know what flowers are good or not good. really winds all up with gardening.

History:

Religion: Sallana, minor details on other gods
-knows of the Immortal Kings, knows of Harateth

Ettiquette:
Penmanship: just look at all this scribble! it is awful!
Ettiquette: I forget to say "please" and "thank you.”

Mathematics: (no)

Writing:
Prose: it is easy when I do not have to think about it.
Poetry: I haven’t tried yet
Elven: <elven: well>
Common: good

Philosophy:

Trade Skills:
Construction/Architecture: I am trying to learn the basics by example, which is surprisingly easier than learning from a book. I suppose that has always been the way I’ve learned.

Others:

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
fish.png
The Path
This page is written in a pseudo-IC form, with the idea of a hypothetical interview being given to the character. metagaming rules still apply.

Preferred Name: Serri!
Religion or Cults: Theodra and Sallana
Alignment: Chaotic Good

---

blah blah blah I'll write something here when I get inspired.

Last edited:

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
*sits on the torn apart baby*

Gaby

Lord of Altera
*sits on the torn apart baby*
do not sit on me Im a strong elf baby but not that strong

I couldnt think of a better title for the post.
it's where I'll detail... which path she chooses to take. with pictures.

She is... and John was very adamant that he wanted that as her name.
this.

Yes, suffocate the communist-anarchist-elf-thing.
why do you hate me daddy

Don't forget this you posted on Aellana's character profile :heart: :p
I've wisely declined to post any of my four pictures of Jeanne Sarella, because they all depict her as significantly older than she is right now.
there is this tho:
baby saella.png
and u can see the fish mark

me too Thorius

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Uhhhh... Ok...
How...?
xD
YOU BETTER LOVE ME GOT DAMNIT :heart:
its a joke 8^)
honestly speaking, Jeanne Sarella is a newborn right now, so her actual attitude towards her parents is...
well, she likes her mom. might not trust her dad unless the dad's there and being all nice and caring.
babies are of a very simple mind.

(I originally placed both as unsure because I anticipate the parents to fight over the child, and that leads to trust issues. boog's hated because of tht comment :^y) (im a meme)

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
its a joke 8^)
honestly speaking, Jeanne Sarella is a newborn right now, so her actual attitude towards her parents is...
well, she likes her mom. might not trust her dad unless the dad's there and being all nice and caring.
babies are of a very simple mind.
I know :heart:
Just joking around as well