Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Dragon Language

toughguyrm

Loyal Servant of Altera
How many of you fellows out there have taken it apon yourself to learn the dragon language? I hope i am not the only one.
If you can translate this without refference, you've learned well.
BahLOK DO aaN DOVah

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
How many of you fellows out there have taken it apon yourself to learn the dragon language? I hope i am not the only one.
If you can translate this without refference, you've learned well.
BahLOK DO aaN DOVah
I'm going to the Throat of the World, and skinning that punk unless he teaches me the language.

>.<

Kaies

Grand Lizard
Well, there are not many words to make a comprehensible sentence.. unless some one makes more?

toughguyrm

Loyal Servant of Altera
Well, there are not many words to make a comprehensible sentence.. unless some one makes more?
Not enough words?
Lemme count...
There are roughyl 540 words.
I can convert the dragon writting to english, but now i need to work on converting those words to english words.
BahLOK DO aaN Dovah simply means The hunger of a dragon. Notice how the word "the" isn't in there?
Like many other languages (Spanish for example) they take out words. Fin (Dragon for "the") is also rarely used. Fin is only used when it is being stressed. For example "What is it again?" "The hunger of a dragon" it would not be used for "I am hungry" "me too, i have the hunger of a dragon" in that case, Fin would NOT be used.
Its quite simple if you take the time to learn.

toughguyrm

Loyal Servant of Altera
Well damn, if we're just going to go that route, that's just too Damn easy. Lol. I thought you meant you learned it through playing the game.
lol nope, i said you can't learn it through the game (besides the words of power)
but its fun to learn, because then i can translate all those word walls.