Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The duel

TheCastellan

Lord Zanros Hawklight
As i stood watching the peasents, new arrivals from far off lands, desperate to find a living in Altera, my mind began to wander to the first time i set foot on this land, the new faces and the sense of nervousness, but not in all of my first days did i have to go through the danger i experienced today...

Whilst talking to some of the common folk the skies grew dark, great balls of fire arced down from the sky, quickly followed by great bouts of lightning, the likes i have never seen.
And there, in the middle of the terror stood... him...
High King Ikbenlars was throwing peasents around like a child throws a small toy, panic and pain soon spread throughout the crowd, i felt my anger rise as i watched him. Then out of nowhere came a voice like thunder, calling for a stop to the suffering and challenging a duel, i realised at once that it had been my voice i had heard, the High King stopped in his tracks and turned to me 'you wish to challenge me?!' he roared in a voice like an angered god, 'Aye' i said 'I will defend these peasents with my life' at once i was thrown backwards by great thunderbolts of energy and found myself face to face with one of the greatest living men in existance, i drew my axe and stalked towards him, managing to land successful hits to no effect on his body, his response was quick and decisive, throwing lightning at me so i was stunned, he quickly armed and armoured himself and charged into the duel, it was over in a handful of minutes, i was outclassed in every way, only my faith kept me strong...
Then, when all seemed lost, i struck the High King a blow would have that fatally wounded a lesser man, it sent Lars reeling backwards, on my last legs this was the chance i had been hoping for, i struck forwards with a clumsy blow which also struck true, but caused no harm to the man, he smiled a wicked grin at me for a second then my world was plunged into horrifying blackness...