Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Emperor Scorpions

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
1648681506478.png
[x]

1648681541983.png

- THE EMPEROR SCORPION -

“The Emperor Scorpions are massive and terrifying beasts, most frequently seen in the deserts near Linistel. Silent and vengeful, these monstrosities have found their way into story and lore all across the Eastern Continent. Feared for it's wrathful pincers and severe stinger.”
-=[]=-
[Event Request Only]

H A B I T A T
While often considered to seclude themselves to the barren deserts of the Eastern Continent, the Emperor Scorpion has been known to wander on rare occasions. Living comfortably in most climates save for the far North. Some will live their entire lives terrestrially while some others live in the trees. Alternatively some will burrow, most in the sands while lesser in rocky lands.

P H Y S I O L O G Y
Emperor Scorpions rarely grow upwards of 5 meters in total length and 2 meters in height. Boasting a pair of massive pincers strong enough to shear through anything less than castle-forged plate. As well as a spanning tail concluding with a curved stinger. Known to pierce through shields and deliver the beast’s powerful venom. Besides those, four pairs of walking limbs carry it’s form. All secured soundly beneath plates of chitin. Their coloration normally ranges from yellow to black in order to provide ample camouflage, brown and red being rarer to see.

B E H A V I O R
The Emperor Scorpions that roam the ground or trees are opportunistic in their hunting, while those that burrow in rocks or sand often lie in wait for their prey. This often involves waiting in ambush at the mouth of their dens. Emperor Scorpions have been known to be reluctant to use their venom, often dispatching smaller creatures with their claws alone. Due to the caloric drain of creating the limited toxin, they save it for larger or more formidable foes.
  • [Lifespan]
    • Emperor Scorpions have been known to range in age from 20 to 40 years, often molting their chitin many times over in that span. Emperor Scorpions will rarely reproduce, often living solitary lives. Though perhaps two or three times in their life they will mate and lay a clutch of on average 25 eggs, likely to be protected by both parents, carried upon the mother’s back.
  • [Sexual Dimorphism]
    • Males are typically lighter and less bulky with longer tails and legs. Often employing springing behaviors in their predation.
    • Females alternatively are slowly moving with thicker chitin and bulkier forms. This is in part due to the need to carry young on their backs.

A B I L I T I E S
Emperor Scorpions are efficient predators, with a wide and accurate field of view offered by their eight eyes, they are quick and nimble with their eight legs. A pair of powerful pincers easily grab and crush most prey and a venom sting consisting of a powerful neurotoxin. This toxin renders the immediate area numb, the numbness then spreading and leading to immobilization over the course of the coming minutes.

W E A K N E S S E S
It takes a long time for them to grow so large, the young and small are more easily dispatched. There are also gaps between their plates of chitin that a blade can pass through to easily damage their delicate joints.

Y I E L D S
[Chitin] - All but impervious to slashes and thrusts, though far more brittle than steel, considerably lighter. Useful for potentially viable shields but more difficult to concoct it reasonably into armor.
[Venom] - A terrible toxin that renders most immobile and others dead.
[Eyes] - Bearing eight eyes, they are valued for their alchemical properties.

Original Writeup: Tideborne

Last edited:

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
E m p e r o r
S c o r p i o n s
Attack DC: 20
Defend DC: 21
HP: 10