Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

{ The Gallia Post }

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
letter-reformation.jpg
Thornesday,27th of Fogwater, 2330
Fancy Version
*Copies of this letter are spread throughout Gallia*​

My loyal subjects,
I write to issue news of our fine lands and Queendom.

First, there are plans forming for the upcoming coronation of myself to officially place my claim as the supreme ruler and High Princess of Gallia, to whom only the divine themselves are above me. In time shortly after a sermon will be held in the main temple followed by a celebration in the city and palace. In order to prepare for these events I have ordered all production in farms and textile be doubled.

As we move on from the coronation, you shall see new improvements coming to the island. I have built a new clinic in the city and have hired medics from afar to treat the ill, however we do not stop here. In the short while we will build an embassy for ambassadors and leaders from afar to reside in. Plans also for more housing, storage houses, and a trade building are in development. Furthermore, I have hired some of the best architects in Altera to help me commission an observatory for research and education.

Lastly, I report a decisive win in a short battle of the northern island. 500 Gallian bowman were able to secure the southern port of the neighboring island and have claimed it. As we expand north we will offer the tribes who sit there the opportunity to integrate with our settlement as the divine asks us to settle grudges and their existence threatens our humble island. Leave no mistake in thought, we do not seek conquest we seek to rightfully protect our lands that the All-Mother & Grey Lady herself has proclaimed I shall rule over, for it is her will for me to spread her teachings.

I, Princess Lerina do appreciate all your loyalty and dedication to our cause, and I wish you all a happy season.

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
[!] A standard news letter is released to Islanders with general updates [!]

Headline: Linlea War
Text: Rumors spread of rising conflict near Linlea. As Gallia has chosen not to take a stance citizens are advised against travel as there is no assurance of safety.

Headline: Eldpoint Vaction!
Text: Recent trading with Eldpoint has enriched the island with wine and tea, the Princess Lerina encourages citizens to visit Eldpoint for a get away.

Headline: The Battle of Gallia!
Text: The migration of treasonous settlers off our island is underway. Conflict has been avoided with peace negations.

Headline: Gallia man sets home on fire trying to honor Ignis
Text: Freedom of worship is allowed in Gallia, but please be careful of fire hazards.

Headline: Gallia man sees Geese, promptly retreats!
Text: The Gallia clinic has had an upspike in Geese related attacks near the temple. Please be mindful of these beasts and find a local guard should you need combat assistance.

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
[!] A standard news letter is released to Islanders with general updates [!]

Headline: A Coronation!

Text: A Princess to be crowned! Gallia will crown its founding ruler in the coming months, cementing the start of her legacy.

Headline: Section of garbage now fighting pit!

Text: A section of land that was home to a boot, stick, fishing net and various amounts of garbage has been cleaned up and declared a new fighting pit.

Headline: Gallia Man shouts at clouds

Texts: A sudden moonsoon hit the island, residents report of an elder shouting to the sky shaking his fist about the weather

Headline: Gallia man crashes cart into storage house

Text: Resident happy with the import of wine tries to get his fill by breaking into storage house. Man was apprehended as a trail of rubble was leading to his home after the crash.

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
[!]A letter to all citizens are posted around the Island [!]

Citizens of Gallia,

We have come united. A successful coronation. Many have joined our ranks on the Island, and all have signed the oath of loyalty. My dear subjects, we are ready for the next step.
As the season carries on, we honor Winter. We look at those we lost and all the times we struggled. In the coming months we will mourn the dead and strive to do better. To be, better.

The Lady is the path to purification in the after life, yet here on Altera I ask you to repent for your sins and trespasses. I ask you to do better.

The blood of the wicked shall flow into the river of judgement, and we are all wicked. Let there be no one to claim innocence. My citizens, repent at the Oasis of redemption. Shed your blood into the oasis and speak to the Lady for forgiveness. For the All Mother brings us life, and the lady shall judge this life. Become closer to the divine, do good among others, mourn the dead, feed the hungry and go out and give charity and love to those who have none. Repent, and guide Altera.

- Princess & Priestess Lerina.

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
[Posted on the Gallia islands, the mainland of Patina, the red forest and some areas of Frostlight]

My Citizens,

In its short existence Gallia has come far. We have come from just the great temple being rebuilt, to a small city, then to a settlement with alliances and trade partners. Today we have expanded into the mainland of Altera. I have secured the Western mountain region known as Patina. Patina is a smell settlement of few citizens quietly nestled into the nature of the region.

With the expansion of Gallia into the main lands, we must start to reshape who we are, and what we are. What started as a vision of a temple has become more than what I foresaw coming in the recent years.

We need to stand apart, we need to create our own vision. I am going to be enacting changes to cement my vision of Gallia. The first change being the title of the monarchy. It was always said I chose the title of Princess, as the gods are the only Kings or Queens I answer to. While this is true, and remains true – it has weakened our image from other settlements as it appears to them we have no true ruler. Henceforth the title of Princess shall be no more. All documents, laws and so forth will reflect the new title of monarchy – Sultana and Sultan.

The oath of allegiance shall be updated with such wording, and those who have taken the oath previously will be asked to take it again.

As Patina is now under our domain, we have secured the southern islands, the western mountains and the red forest. We are young but have expanded more than I ever thought. To celebrate Gallia will soon be hosting not only a Masquerade but we will invite our partners in Linistel, Eldpoint and Palmwood to enjoy our hospitality in the coming months.

Remember, we always march forward. And we will continue to do so.

• Sultana Lerina Fletcher, Ruler of Gallia, Patina & Fletcher Valley​

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
*Letters are sent to Patina*

My citizens. I've not had time to meet most of you, as my reign as your leader has quickly followed the illness you face. Sweating sickness. I will, in time return to you. As your Sultana, I pledge we will get through this. I hear daily reports of the dead, reports of rites being said and reports of mass prayer being held in the temple. I do not restrict what gods you follow, I only wish I could safely be with you as you pray to them. I wish I could bring your loved ones back to you. I wish, I could stand there and care for the children who are now orphans.

In time, when it is safe, I will return to you. We will hold a mass at the temple, where a sacrifice to the gods shall be made to watch over Patina and Gallia. I will honor my pledge to lead you spiritually as much as I do physically.

I have dispatched more medics to the region. I am also authorizing the city guard to give what ever necessities to families they need. Be it food, water, shelter or coin. I ask in return, you do not leave the city until the illness has stopped. No one is permitted to enter or leave the city.

Since I cannot be there, to lead a service in person, here is something to keep in mind, a prayer I would recite if I were with you all:

"O Mother, and Grey Lady. Hear the prayers of the weak and weary,
the ones who spread your gifts of life and lessons.
Mother, you have gifted us life. Blood.
And now, times come to take this from us.
Grey Lady, please I pray for my soul to be pure and for you to spare your judgement.
All Mother, mother of compassion and love, giver of life. Shine your glory upon us, I ask that you help your humble servants. For the gods are the true kings and queens. Rulers of the sky, Altera and beyond.
Please, Mother and Lady hear our cries and help us so we may continue to spread your glory"

- Humbly yours,
Sultana Lerina Fletcher. Ruler of the islands of Gallia, Patina, and Fletcher Valley.​

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
Letters to all Gallia regions go out, in mass in Elven:

The Sultana has given birth to two female elves. The names chosen have been Zelle and Renfri.

Expect the crown in the coming months to announce a celebration.

- The High Console of the Sultanate of Gallia