Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The "Hollow World"

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
I brought this up briefly while speaking out of character in the Democratic Council, but I figured I'd make a post here as well just to air some thoughts of mine.

So I'm currently writing the fluff for Legisa, adding more factbooks and so on, but as far as I know there isn't any information defining the world in which Legisa, Corvermell, God Send, Tarjikstan, and others exist. My main queries relate to the current year, the global tech level, and what the global environment is like.

I imagine that "Hollow World" or whatever the planet is called, is similarly in its 21st century, and therefore its Information Era. As to the global environment, I'd be happy if it was similar to earth as it's easier to write about, but again I got no clue.

Really the rule seems to be "use common sense" when writing about your country, but I feel like a couple guidelines could help.

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
I'd say that, generally, most of us try to keep to modern and immediate future tech/society. For example, most of us still use conventional weaponry *Glances at those crazy drone and nanobot things in Mechanica.*

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
I took a little bit of liberty by making my national animal the Wyrm, but I figure that's probably okay in the modern/information eras where they're no longer OP or anything.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Crude cyborg tech, slightly advanced weaponry industry and nuclear energy/weaponry technology in the Imperium. However, my nation is backwards in everything concerning ''green'' tech, somewhat lacking in public coms and accomodations.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
I'm working on railguns. I don't know if there's an issue for them, but the finest Tarjiki scientists are on it.

I'm also in the process of putting a space station together in orbit.