Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Lair Of The Vaquero

atkrye

King of Quests
Minecraft Username:Atkrye

Name of Project:The Lair Of The Vaquero

Location of Project: (Either screenshots, a link to the map or coords)
X1254, Z920
Size of the project: (The more exact you are the more likely it is you will be granted permission)
4x4 plot area. The underground will be quite expansive
Intention of the project: (Is it a fortress, a keep, a castle, a maze, a dungeon etc etc. DO NOT! apply for ahouse, as builds will be public.)
It is a dungeon, with treasure at the end. It is set on the backstory of the vaquero, a persona found in my profile. There will be a humble looking building, with a small farm and possibly a stable at the top, looking innocent, with a switch that allows access to a dungeon. The dungeon will consist of a variety of traps, most of which lethal. There will also be a variety of hints and comments from the character 'The Vaquero'.
Reason for inability to claim plots personally: (Why is it unrealistic to claim yourselves?)
-The vaquero is an alter ego of mine. If i were to claim it, it would be obvious that him and me are the same.
-It will be a public project with public access. If i were to claim it, it would have to be my home, which would defeat the point as i wouldnt want people walking through my house, so i would have to lock it, so it wouldnt be a case of people wandering in, and going 'hey what does this switch do?'
Residents: (Who will live there after its completion?)
No one, although i will tend to it
Builders: (Who will help build the project?)
Me, and possibly my brother, Turu_Kael
Why is this a good addition to HollowWorld? (I want a full reason, not "It will look good")
It will be a true rp event. I wont announce it. Hopefully people will find it and word will spread. People will hopefully seek it in search of treasure, so hopefully it should be the server's first "Explorer/Treasure Hunter" activity (i know of).
It will also further the presence of The Vaquero, who i hope will eventually become a know criminal, for rp reasons.
Used materials:
Planks, logs, fences, maybe some stone, glass on the top, stone and such in the underground
Inspiration:
Inspiration from the building taken from your basic farm/hut. The underground is based on a variety of traps found in films and games- crushing rooves, mazes, booby trapped floors and booby trapped treasure at the end. It will be hard. I promise this.
RP explanation/introduction:
The Vaquero. An infamous criminal, whom few are unlucky enough as to have met. He has coordinated almost every major crime in Altera to date. He has robbed thousands, and murdered hundreds more.
It is said he rules the criminal underground, instilling both fear and loyalty in his followers. His spies have penetrated every major organisation in existence- if anyone does anything that could be extorted, or acquires anything of value, doubtless he knows.
If you see him, contact a Kings Hand or King Immediately.
Do not confront him. He Will Kill You.
-Altera Records
The Vaquero has stolen hundreds of thousands of radiants in his career. He has also gathered a huge nest of information which could be used to blackmail any who go against him.
Obviously, he is keen to protect his spoils, so the answer: find somewhere quiet, where no one will look- an unexplored swamp.
He built the house almost immediately after the attack of Queen Grief, designing it in a way that would arouse no suspicion. A tranquil cottage, a small farm and a stable (although this was probably designed as a route of escape!).
He employed a variety of builders to help him create his masterpiece, most of whom disappeared after they finished their role on the build.
Under the house, however, is a network of traps and tunnels, mazes and booby traps. It is said that at the very bottom of the tunnel system, lies his treasures.
Doubtless dozens of peoples have attempted the maze, as can be shown by the countless skeletons and body parts that can be found in the shadows of the dungeon.
As of yet, no one has managed to survive the dungeon upon entering.
A gentlemen throughout, he will allow anyone who reaches the treasure to take what they want. If they can survive the traps, they deserve it.

Planning: (If youve got any screenshots/sketches/proof of concepts, please put them here)
plan.JPG
Links to previous work: (This can be either on hollowworld or other places. This is important, i expect some links.)
Ascension in hollowworld, Chilvers Landing and Dustwood were all co-founded by me. Ascension can be found at 1000x, 127z. The other 2 were pre-map wipe.
Also, I have posted links to a city i founded on another server, with its huge underground city underneath it.

town.JPG
cavern.JPG

atkrye

King of Quests
i suppose it'll be something challenging for players to do if they get bored- with promise of reward :-P it'll also have a little rp through signs for people to enjoy

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Full support, this sounds like a great idea and both atkrye and turu_kael are amazing builders, they will NOT disappoint you.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
hmm.
Yeah i think this could work, but i want a little better rp story.
When was it built? How did Vaquero build it? Did anyone help? Has anyone been in it before?

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Well atkrye i read it, and i think it mostly tells us who the vaquero is, i just want to know a littlte bit more about this.