Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

~The Lord in Rags~

Gabb von Scab

Villager

After the immigration from the old world of Altera, the new world has been packed with business. Farmers checking their crops, guardsmen gazing sleepily in the distance, and fat merchants waving of the hungry orphan masses. Here and there, tents and damp crates of salted fish could be seen, but the tents gave hardly any protection against cold weather, nor did the fish feed many.
Thus crying children, drunken mobs and ragged beggars was a common sight.
However, just down the hill, was an newly-opened inn. Filled with nice rooms, warm beds and good food, along with the few people who could afford it.

It was not the palace that this type of people were used to, though at this time, there was hardly anything bigger or grander than a mere watchtower. As such, this was a haven for the rich, the influential, not for those lowborn common rabble who flocked at the door.

Gabb knew this too well, and he did not care a bit.

The door flung open, as the chilly wind of the northern kingdoms flew through the lobby.
"Ah, many a thousand greetings to you, my lords and fellow nobles! The name is Von Scab, a gentleman from beyond!" The ragged noble-clothed commoner said to the mass of jeweled merchants, nobles, and high ranked officials. The innkeeper, who went by the nickname Tom, looked thin-eyed at the stranger.
"If you are looking for your friends", Tom waved his head towards the door, "Then i am sorry to disappoint you. I have no ragged, filthy beggars in my inn...Well, except for now, that is."
A thunderous laughter rose in the hall, and Tom smiled broadly."

"Why, that is not the proper way of greeting a fellow lord, and a gentleman at that."Gabb said, smiling wryly and, though no-one seemed to notice, reached out for something in his pocket.
"A lord of rags!", An sergeant shouted out.
"A gentleman for the roaches!" Another said.

The laughter rose even higher now, but Gabb kept his calm, and continued to speak.
"Your inn have many beds, good food, and a fine company. Indeed, it's a very cozy place you got, my good Bartender"
"Inkeeper", Tom growled at him, "And you are right, this is fine people here... And it's they who the food and rooms are for, not your... kind. Though i may keep you here for a while. Fools and jesters are in such a rare supply these days."
*And who is the fool then, my dear bartender?* Gabb thought. But he had to keep calm. He was good at that, too.
"If they are not good enough for Me, how can you then serve it to these gentlemen? That would be understandable, though. The quality, i mean. After all, who knows what that may have gone through during it's preparation?" Gabb pointed towards an noble's mushroom soup.

"What are you speaking of, Fool?", Tom asked gruffly. "My food is of the finest, and no-one have complained on that point." The crowd nodded and spoke in agreement.
"Of course, Anything can taste like a feast of the gods, you just have to put the right amount of spices and salt. You know m'lord, it may as well be sewerwater in that soup." Now the crowd was starting to give some suspicious looks to their foods. *I got them* Gabb thought, pleased by his work.
Tom had enough of this stranger, this noble in rags. He slammed his fists to the table.
"You got a big mouth. But what insults will you throw at me, when you got my fists deep down your throat?" Once again, Gabb merely smiled.
"Well then, gentlemen, it seems like me and this bar-Oh, beg my pardons, Inkeeper, have come to an disagreement. How about that we solve this in private?"
Tom was quiet for a moment, then he cracked his neck. "The storage room, then."
"Very well", Gabb replied slowly.
*And now, my dear bartender, Gabb though as he made his way through, I got you.*

If the crowd had not soley cheered on Tom as he exited the lobby, they could had taken notice as Gabb reached out for his pocket. Perhaps they had seen him smiling a bit to sure for a normal beggar. Maybe he was just a fool. Maybe he was just to proud.

In any case, witnesses swear that they heard Tom curse Gabb's name as the TNT went off.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Sorry if that was a lil' to much text for ya. The story above is to explain what Gabb did when he reached the shores of Alteria. Imagine it like before all these amazing buildings, just when the new world opened. (i know that i only joined recently. But who knows? Maybe Gabb was there all the time, having being hidden from society for the acts he have commited. Only now he resurfaces.
Also, i need to stop trying to make my character stories overdramatic. :/ (It has happened before)
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••