Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Jan 18] The Past, Present, And Future of Thiil

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Classes12.png

It is sometimes easy to forget where we are, where we have been, and always a mystery of where we are headed. As this world of ours keeps turning, we leave traces of our lives behind in little ways. Even after we are gone, there are hints that remain.

In an attempt to preserve those traces, Thiil would like to welcome all to a most historic event. Long ago a chest was buried with mementos, memories, trinkets and treasures. It was a time capsule commemorating important moments by those leaving them. The time draws near to reopen that chest and to remember that which was buried. It will be a time to reflection and discussion as we comb through trinkets of those that are no longer with us, and those that still remember.

Some items may be added to the Historical Archives for posterity to see. Some items may be reburied as we invite everyone to participate yet again in the burial of another moment in time.

====================================
When: Saturday, January 17th at 4:00 pm. EST
{
Link for timezone conversion}
Where: The cozy hamlet of Thiil, under the trees near the farms
What: Uncovering a time capsule. Placing items in to rebury all over again.
OOC Information: We are opening a time capsule buried in Thiil exactly one year ago. We will go through the items. Some may be added to Historical Archives. And then just like we did last time, we will add new items and bury it for another year.

If you'd like to participate, bring one or more named items to the event. Books are also allowed in place of a named item. Each person who wants to participate will say a few words about their item, why they want to leave it for posterity, and will put it into the chest. It will be buried and forgotten. In one IRL year, we will hopefully reopen it. It will likely be a whole new batch of players, and vets mixed in. We will see what sort of trinkets and goodies old players- Er, characters... left behind.

Last edited by a moderator:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
This sounds /awesome/ on so many levels. I can't wait to see the results of this, and wish I could participate.
Thanks! Glad the idea isn't totally lame. :)

@Baron , I'm tagging you because you sounded pretty interested in the idea when the brainstorming happened. :)

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
UPDATE: The event has been changed to Saturday at 12:30 pm EST instead of Friday, so that other timezones can come. ^_^

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
A wonderful series, I will agree. Though this is getting a bit off topic. ^^;

Updated the main post with a link for timezone conversion, and a more specific location. We will be burying it under the two trees, just beside Vekkel's bakery. Where the path forms a circle. A nice open area for a spiffy gathering. Here's a map of Thiil so you don't get lost. It's made by the fantabulous @SallyPirate and it's the one listed on Thiil's Census page. So don't get lost! :D

KatyKookie

Lord of Altera
Is very tempted to leave a potato... but imagine the smell, and the rotting.. ew.. gotta think of another thing to use. Maybe my prized hoe, or my diary from my first days here in Altera (actual first days of server I wrote a diary of my thoughts ICly)

(people would think I'm rather weird if I gave up my manure bucket)

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Is very tempted to leave a potato... but imagine the smell, and the rotting.. ew.. gotta thing of another thing to use. Maybe my prized hoe, or my diary from my first days here in Altera (actual first days of server I wrote a diary of my thoughts ICly)

(people would think I'm rather weird if I gave up my manure bucket)
I mean, have you heard about the eggs they bury for 100 years and eat? It's apparently a Chinese delicacy. A century potato could be just as good. Who knows. Or century poo~

KatyKookie

Lord of Altera
I mean, have you heard about the eggs they bury for 100 years and eat? It's apparently a Chinese delicacy. A century potato could be just as good. Who knows. Or century poo~
Are you suggesting I donate Katie's ... omy.. haha xD
I don't know how that would come across at the event, not only will all current players think I'm strange but in a year, the new ones will too.. ehhh...