Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Temper of Mechany - Endothermic.

Kaies

Grand Lizard
The Temper of Mechany

“I don't know how they did it. I don't know how they got through. But i Failed. Its all my Fault.” - The Minister

Today was the day we all saw the truth. The one which had been kept hidden from us all this time. Its a shame it had to be revealed in such a way. War.

It was a normal day, like any other you would expect in the bustling city of Mechany. Vendors shoveling their wares onto people who don't really want to buy them. Cars adding ever more to the smog which scowled over the city as they rush round on the battered roads. I was working when it happened, accounting.

They came in droves, penetrating the Cloudscape. Like hornets bursting from a broken hive. Thousands of airships, not like any we had seen before. Bright glowing lights dotted the Skye, trails of colored plasma, followed in their wake. We knew not what they were, who they were, or their intentions. People gathered at the windows, to point, look and gasp. I stood aback, weary. There was a certain threat about these ships, they did not look friendly.

They were fast, coming down upon us from the Skye. They had breached the city perimeters in seconds. Soon blaring above our heads. Skye Guards were pursuing them, demanding they stand down, lest they use violent force against them. But they were dwarfed in numbers and could do naught to stop them.

Their destination became obvious, they were heading to the Houses of the Associates. The great looming building, probably countless thousands of years old, housed many great works of art and literature. Guarded by the Associates themselves, only those with an appointment may enter.

Did they have an appointment? It seemed like an unusual way to arrive, but something still felt sinister. I decided i had enough of this, i was going to get somewhere safe. Somewhere underground. People were rushing around the street in worry, others still gawping at the light show. The sewers seemed like a safe place, though, there was the Blackmarket to deal with. However, they would be much more pleasant compared our new invaders, for sure.

As i was removing the manhole cover, i had the unpleasant feeling that something was wrong. Of course, more wrong than it currently is. A dark shadow had started to creep up the street towards me. Looking up, i saw the owner of said dark large shadow. Out from the Cloudscape came one last ship. One. Big. Ship.

Compared to the others, this ship was an elephant and the others were gnats. It burst through the clouds. It was sharp looking, straight edges, no curves. In all my life, i had never been so terrified as i had in this situation. My feet were stuck in place, head fixed on the knife plunging into Mechany’s heart.

Thats when the bombs fell.

Eight of them. They were latched onto the bottom of the flying knife ship. Yet now they were falling rather quickly. Downwards. Towards me.

I did not stick around to see what horrors these bombs would cause. I jumped down the manhole, no time to check if there was even water down there. It mattered not either way, at least i would of been dead. I was lucky though. It was sewage water, full of shit and misery. Small price to pay though. I feel i may have pissed my self, from what i saw, yet there was no way to tell as i was soaked through. I sprinted, or rather waded quickly, deep underground. There were no explosions strangely. No screams either...

I was found. Rather quickly. Guns pointed into my face, bright lights blinding me. They screamed at me, wanted me to get on my knees and put my hands on my head. I compiled, no reason not to. Nowhere to run. A bag was roughly shoved onto my head, my hands were tied tightly. Lifted up by the arms, it was hauled away, into the darkness unknown.

Kaies

Grand Lizard
I'd say this is a nice short story Kaies, nice mature read, I think your writing has improved, most definately.
Thanks, i may seek to continue the story if there is enough interest. This was really only supposed to be "notes" in a sense, practice writing.