Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The traveling Caravan (Prologue)

Hoodedstranger

Lord of Altera
The traveling Caravan/Carnival

It seemed like a normal and quite day. The birds were singing, the sun was shining and the children was playing games.

But something was different today. Flutes was heard vaguely heard from a direction near the entrance, and it sounded like a funeral was happening. The sound of flutes was getting louder and louder.

When the flute players was in view there was a large group of people wearing black cloaks. Had someone been met by a terrible fate? It almost seemed like it as they were many carts being lead.

They stopped a few metres from the entrance and stopped the music.

The man in the front picked up a bell and rang it. His cloak was so pulled down that his face could not be seen. He pulled up a scroll and read it.

”We remind ourselves that we live in tragic times.”

A second man emerged and spoke his mind. It semeed the two took turns for each sentence.

”Where our payment isn't enough for even a piece of bread”

”Where we are unable to survive from hunger and depression”

”Where we can not get along with people of another race”

The scroll was put away

”We sometimes live a sad life. But today...” The two removed their cloaks and threw it in the air.

”We are here to give you the best time of your life!”, the both shouted together, as the music was played again but more happily.

They were wearing colorful clothes that could be described as ”rich jesters” and white smiling masks.

The rest of the people reveal to be a traveling group with mixed categories. There was entertainers, wizards and merchants alike from different races.

By then he had got the attention of practically all the villagers.

”Join the show now! It'll be a lot more fun with more people!”

”We'll be here in up to three days! Today we'll be entertaining you with magic shows. You'll be amazed to see what tricks these magicians have up their sleeves! Tomorrow the market will be open, where anything you could possibly imagine is at sale here! Finally on the last day we perform to make you laugh, based on your suggestions!”

”So what are you waiting for? Cherish this time all you can!”

All the children was running towards the caravan with curiosity on their faces, accompanied by their parents.

”Let the show begin!”

And that was the prologue to "The traveling Caravan". I might get into writing more of it, but so far it will remain an unfinished story. But I just thought I'd share it with other people who happens to stumble upon this. What do you think of this beginning? Does the rest of the story deserve to be filled out? Would you imagine yourself being in a situation like this?
Please let me know. If you're gonna give me criticism please do it in a constructive-manner.