Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Through the eyes of a Drow

zzzzz22222

Villager
I've been putting this off because I wanted to run around and see who/what I should be for Altera. It's been a while and I think I know now. Opinions and criticism welcomed of course, how else are we supposed to get better? =]

Name: Dris

Nickname/Alias: After forsaking his heritage her took on the name of Zee

Race: Drow

Height: 5'5

Weight: 155 lbs.

Hair: Like most Drow, Zee's hair is long and white, but unlike his kin his hair is naturally straight and silky, earning him extra malice from his elder sisters.

Eyes: There are very few dark elves born without crimson eyes. Zee was unfortunate enough to be one of them. His eyes are Violet, much like the eyes of a famous drow who caused the collapse of Menzoberranzan.

Skin: Like all drow, Zee's skin is dark like ebony

Identifying Marks: Violet Eyes

Appearance: Aside from his eyes, Zee looks like any other normal drow. His form is not so tall, but lean and well muscled, even among his kin. He wears a green cloak that hides his body and hair for the most part, and allows him to blend in with the forest he now calls home.

Strengths: Having no affinity for the arcane, Zee was sent off to the Melee-Magathere to study arms. Though he never rose to the top, Zee was a fine warrior and learned to use his cunning when his blades failed him.

Weaknesses and fears: Zee fears his people and the world from which he came. After arriving to Altera he built a house for himself high above the trees after having continuous nightmares of dark skinned hands, reaching up from the earth and dragging him under. Because of these fears Zee rarely travels underground. Zee also fears the drow heritage. That he will become a blood thirsty creature who seeks out the pleasures of combat and murder. He fears that he has not done enough to free his soul from the Lolth's grasp...even in this land of new gods.

Religion and cults: Zee was raised to worship the Spider Queen, Lolth, like all drow. When the weave of magic fell however and the priestesses of Lolth became weak he took the opportunity to flee his house and city and make for the surface. Out of the ten drow that fled with him, he was the only one to ever see the sun, moon and stars of the surface world. Though he hears of Altera's gods, he had not chosen to serve any of them yet, instead choosing to live his life as best he can by himself.

Profession: After surfacing Zee met an old woman whose eye sight was nearly gone. Whether or not she knew he was a dark elf, he does not know, but she took him in and fed him. She provided him with a home for a short time and in return he helped her with her daily tasks.
"Ye're a fool to only hunt and eat meat now days." she had scolded him once after he had returned with a couple of rabbits for the fifth night in a row. "One day you will find no birds or dear to shoot, no rabbits to chase and no fish to catch. You act as many others do and so soon this world will have no animals left for you to hunt. What then? You will starve and die. There is a new era dawning young one, and if you want to survive you will need to master new skills. To sow seeds. To reap a harvest with care and gentleness, not with the bow and arrow. Farming is how we must survive now...I will teach you, now come."

Hilter

Legend of Altera
Well I'd just like to point out that this is Altera, not forgotten Realms. FR is awesome but this just isn't it, so you shouldn't use FR lore.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
What is a Drow? I've not heard of Drows before, and I'm not sure they'll be allowed as a race.

zzzzz22222

Villager
Well I'd just like to point out that this is Altera, not forgotten Realms. FR is awesome but this just isn't it, so you shouldn't use FR lore.
I was kind of worried about that myself, but as I figured having it in the past isn't such a big deal and won't really affect anyone/thing. I'm here in Altera now, so the past is the past. I mean, unless anyone does see it as an issue, then I can change it