Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Time - How do you roleplay it?

Alailanible

Sparkly purple member of the team
I have a question about roleplaying that I'm sure the more experienced will be able to put to rest.
How do you roleplay time in this server?
I mean... a minecraft day has about 20 minutes, right? So, seeing as the server is on 24/7, a whole rl day is 72 days in Altera. Do you roleplay it as such? Or even thought we have night and day cicles you use 24 hour periods to define your timeline?
For exemple: if you befriend a character one day have you been friends for two months when you log on the next day?

Also, does Altera have seasons? Or because of things like snow biomes certain parts of the land are always "stuck" in one season. Or maybe there isn't the concept of season anyway?

What about age? Most character's profile have their age. How much time is a year in Altera?

Gaby

Lord of Altera
... I really just don't worry about it. I always assume 1 day=1 day except when it's not. I don't keep track of time. I just say "a long time,"or "I took a nap, and then" or "it was nighttime," or stuff like that.
and seeing how snow is brought on each day by an evil moon wolf god, I don't think seasons exist here.
ok, someone else post their thoughts.

bewpy

Loyal Servant of Altera
Pretty much what Gaby said. When I'm in Minecraft, then those days are RP days. but when I get off, then I just treat it as night and I was sleeping. If I'm gone for a couple days then I say that I was on a trip, or doing something or things of that nature.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
I measure Altera time at about a week every two irl days but sometimes I just make up how long it has been.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
If you need time for rp purposes, simply make it up, as long as its reasonable.
I could have just met someone in rp, and for the sake of the story say weve known each other for a month.