Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Trailer video of character story

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Hi,

Are there any folks here interested to make a video about a particular character story in trailer style? Building excitement, suggesting there's an untold backstory and an interesting future, which are only hinted at. Using some epic soundtrack music, doing some voice-over work, and shooting the right footage in the right places with the right shaders.

I feel like creating something artsy and good-looking. A HW story. An epic HollowWorld tale. It could be very sad, it could be very uplifting, something magical or something rooted to the soil, about combat, about love, about knowledge. There's hundreds of shorts we can make!

If you want in, let me know. We can discuss ideas for the video in this thread if people are enthusiastic, decide on a story/character and figure out a storyboard and what needs to be filmed where. Plus the voice acting, who wants in, etc.

This could die out before it even started, it could also become a really epic piece of art. Who knows. All depends on if people are vibing. It could become nothing, it could become something, it could become an entire series.

That's all up to you.
Cheerio!

Example:

Last edited:

Opal

Lord of Altera
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
opal_frog
opal_frog
Legend
I do think this sounds cool and would be a great way to get more attention for the server, but it miiight be a little difficult to decide on one character since there are so many people here with fantastic stories - maybe it could be about several characters, or like connected mini-shorts?

Either way, I'm in!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Im vibing
Voice acting stuff? Oh yeah, we vibing.
I do think this sounds cool and would be a great way to get more attention for the server, but it miiight be a little difficult to decide on one character since there are so many people here with fantastic stories - maybe it could be about several characters, or like connected mini-shorts?

Either way, I'm in!
Yooo this is great guys! :D We can do several. I whipped this one up this evening :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
What shall we do the video about, where shall we start?

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Happy to help with voice acting if you want =)

Was voice acting my friend's game earlier in discord, it was a good laugh.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
I would be happy to help. This is what my degree is in/a part of, so can edit, voice act (have a professional rig), storyboard, etc. etc.

just lemme know

Opal

Lord of Altera
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
opal_frog
opal_frog
Legend
I can throw together a group discord dm if y'all want