Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Trip to Thraall

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
This book is readable for your character In Game at the Royal Library under the section "Recorded Events" (the moment this post was made it is not available there yet, but it will be soon!) Lemarc General Oglub This is your story mates!

Trip to Thraall
I walk around in the ruins of Tahkul-Rimtar once again. The hardship of a castle when unmaintained is clearly visible. Holes and cracks in the stones, water dripping over them, feeding the moss. How I wish to find some of the books that were preserved after the curse. I have searched the library many times, but only blank books remain, scattered on the ground. A pity the passage to the dungeon is blocked… I have to find another way in. Walking around, I hear an unusual sound down the river. I walk up to the river and there a boat floats down with nobody less than Captain Lemarc on it.
“Captain Lemarc! To what do I owe the pleasure of a visit from you?”
“Rahm, you are… here?”
I tell him I live here, in a home-tree. While we are talking about the ruin, an Earthspawn runs up, soaking wet.
“Meeza started for 3 dayz non-stop. Den it washed ‘at the ‘ead of da’ river, I swam da rest.”
He says, explaining how the debris in the delta caused his boat to sink. A rain starts and we head into the ruin. In the reasonable shelter of the ruin, the Earthspawn tells us that he is heading north to explore. He tells us his name is General Pakgu, a leader kind of figure of the Earthspawn people. We are offered to join him and take the offer. The night passes fast and early in the morning we start our trip.
“These boats we will use have been here ever since I came here, used by former explorers. I hope we can go far enough with them.”
And so, we depart northwards…

It is not long or Pakgu crashes into a root of one of the many trees that stand in and near the water of this delta.
“I iz not a good sailrz” He says sobbing.
As he slowly sinks down, I offer him a hand and pull him into my boat. We continue until the river splits into two parts.
“HALT!” Lemarc shouts to us. “I will check my map.”
It takes a while as we float around in the noon-sun. The Earthspawn breathes in my neck, a disgusting smell.
“So, we have two choices, eastwards the river goes straight north, but stops quite quick. Westwards we take a detour, but we can go further…”
We take the west route and make way for the beautiful pine forests of the north…

After a while Lemarc shouts back:
“ICE!”
We have reached the borders of the snowy lands of the north. The twilight sets in and we decide to camp on shore. Pakgu builds us a great fire and in the heat we all become very tired and slowly fall asleep one by one…

The next morning Pakgu is awake first. Taking a scoop of water from the river, he washes his face to wake up. After that, he takes another scoop and throws it over me.
“Hey! What?”
“good Mornin’ sunshine.” He says.
I grumble. Lemarc wakes up as well and drinks from the river.
“Whatz the plan, Navigator?”
Lemarc tells us to wait here while he goes out to explore. During the night, the fire went out and I stare into the ashes, which now and then are hurled up by the soft breeze and taken far away northwards. He returns and asks me where the Dwarven settlement is of which I spoke.
“Thraall should be at the end of the river, where it meets the ocean.” I say, looking up at him.
“Then we shall pass through the plains at the roots in between the mountains.”
We first move next to the snow border, staying in the warmer parts, but then we have no choice. We run into the cold snowy fields. The pine forests are different than I thought. It’s rather a plain with some small groups of pines, than a forest like the oak forests in the delta. We walk through the snow, the farther we get, the thicker the layer of snow is. At twilight, Pakgu, Lemarc and I set up camp underneath one of the pines. We make a smaller fire than before, to save some of the fire-supplies for the colder parts of the journey. I watch the smoke cloud some of the stars in the night sky and fall asleep near the comforting warmth in this cold wasteland…

Stamping of feet, shouts and light everywhere. I wake up. The Earthspawn Pakgu is on fire and runs around like a madman. He stumbled into the fire when he woke up. I try to sit straight, but during the night the snow froze to one of my horns and it is hard to keep my balance. I fall in the snow and see how Lemarc puts the fire of the Earthspawn out. I scratch the ice from my horn with my nails and stand up.
“Are we ready to leave? I’m quite awake after this eventful morning.” I say.
“the passage should be just there, let’s get started.” Lemarc answers.
We walk further into the cold and the snow gets deeper, preventing us to run or walk fast. Suddenly Pakgu shouts behind us.
“Piggiez!”
and he unsheathes his sword, slaying the swines. The Earthspawn takes the meat from the dead swine and offers me some.
“I shall not take any of that, I am bound by the laws of Shalheranna.”
Pakgu apologizes and I tell him I respect his beliefs as well and they should eat the meat, while I keep to the vegetables and bread. A twist between beliefs was bound to happen in a journeyparty of Earthspawn, human and Caparii. Yet there are no fights at all furthermore and twilight sets in once again.
“we needz to camp. I am tiredz” Pakgu says.
“Let me check the map, I see a settlement nearby, let’s head there for shelter and supplies.”
A wolf howls.
“Run!”
We go as fast as we can through the high snow that reaches to our knees. On our way to the settlement Pakgu falls headfirst in the snow. He can’t get up, so Lemarc hurries through the thick snow towards him, while we hear more and more wolves howl around us. A thunder flashes and shortly it reveals the silhouette of the settlement, not far in front of us.
“Hurry!”

We plough through the snow as it slowly becomes less. We search the settlement and find it abandoned. There are still horses in the stables and the food in the chests are quite fresh. Since there is nobody there, we search the place for some beds. We find two beds. Yet there are three of us. Pakgu offers to sleep elsewhere.
“Pakgu needz no bed, I sleep at fire!”
and thus he sleeps at the hearth…

We wake up easily this time. The door barely opens because of the snow in front of it. It is still snowing.
“We have no choice but to push further, even now the snow is getting thicker.” Lemarc says.
We walk on eastwards and climb our first hill.
“Da snowz increasing!” Pakgu says.
That same moment the wind blows strong and blows thick snowflakes in our faces. They feel like sharp pieces of metal and I cover my face with my arm, pinching my eyes.
“We gotz ‘ta set up camp!” “No, we will go on till we reach the river again!” Lemarc shouts back. He leads us well. We descend from the hill again and have sight on the river through the snow. The snowstorm decreases as twilight falls. Lemarc steps on the ice, slowly he walks and the ice softly cracks underneath him. As Pakgu steps on it, big cracks form with loud sound.
“I am too heavy!” “We will wait for the morning, it is far too dangerous to walk the ice in night-time.” I say.
We make base underneath two pine trees and use their dead branches to keep the fire going. Lemarc and Pakgu sing songs softly and I enjoy it, it stops snowing…
fire.png
The next day we move on over the ice of the river. It is quite hard and we have no problems at all. Along the riverbed there are some shrubs and herbs, I take some berries and some of the herbs. “whaz dat up da mountain?”
We look and see something move around up the top of the mountain. We could not identify it and moved on. To the west a huge stone mountain appears.
“Da ice is getting too thin!” Pakgu shouts from the back.
I look back and sigh.
“I knew it couldn’t be that easy. I hoped to take the river’s flat ice to get to the Dwarven Statue, but now I see no other choice then to take the steep winding path up the stone mountain…” We get off the ice and move a bit up the mountain. We find a collapsed tent. We put it back up, inside is a cauldron. Pakgu makes a fire and we put the cauldron with joint effort above it. We use the herbs to make a vegetable stew. When I ate from it, they add the meat to make their own dish. “Ahh, warm food!”
The tent is still in good condition, it has very little holes and we decide to stay here one more day to regain our strengths. We make some more recipe’s and talk about our homes. Lemarc lives in a town called Havarda. A place far away from the mainland of Altera. He tells me it’s like Gemstone Isles, but more to the southern parts of Altera. They have quite a few residents there too and many come there to ease their minds. We spend the rest of the day eating soup and resting to regain strength. We leave early in the morning…
fire 2.png

The mountain is harder to pass than we thought. The stones are icy and the snow is cold. The more we climb, the hotter we get and the snow smelts in my fur and their clothes. Being a Caparii, for me it is easy to climb the steep hills. But earthspawn and human are less adapted. The winds moan in our ears, the snow bites our eyes. Once again it snows, but worse. It is a blizzard. Howling at us like wolves from an ancient time. The old blizzards of the far corners of Altera. The icy mountains and the deep ravines below us. No, this is surely not easy. The snow at the mountain peak is deep, we sink into it till our waists. The floors at the ravines are slippery and dangerous. We move even through the night, for we have no shelter yet. We move till we find a cave and there we make a fire…

We climb and descend, move through the mountains, this group of three…
“Rahm, you mentioned Thraall was on a mountain top?” “Yes, high atop the highest mountain of the Northern parts of Altera, it lies. High up there, the statue of Thraall stands tall.” “Then I think we might have found it…”
Lemarc looks up and Pakgu and I follow his gaze.
“remarkable… Amazing… To finally set my eyes upon this ancient mountain, with its icy top. We have arrived!”
After eight days we finally arrive at the foot of the mountain. It takes a full day to climb it and what we find on top is amazing. The Statue of the First Dwarven King stands proud above the other two buildings, which are The Drunken Dwarf Inn and The Hall of Nobles. The statue is made of the finest stone and within even gold veins show, reflecting the sunlight. Underneath the statue an enormous spiral stair, beyond any comparison. At every entrance a ring goes around the spiral stairs, the first is a storage. The second a huge lava powered furnace. This goes on all the way down to the very bottom of these stairs. The Dwarves delved deep, amazingly deep. It is like they delved right through the bedrock…

At the very bottom, there is a workshop. Within this workshop is the finest piece of tinkermechanics I have ever seen. This warmachine or digmachine is huge. Taking up a sixth of the workshop…

We have reached Thraall, Finally. Tired we move back up the stairs and rest in The Drunken Dwarf. We stay a few days and then take horses from the inn to head backwards. Pakgu and Lemarc ride the horses, I accept my journey back by foot, for I must obey the laws of Shalheranna. Lemarc and Pakgu ride off into the sunrise. I take my stick and walk home at a gentle pace… Every time I meet Earthspawn, adventure is not far away.

-Rahm Kennys, Caparii Scholar, Scribe and Librarian.