1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest, Welcome to our Medieval Roleplaying Server, HollowWorld! Get Whitelisted Today and join us! Then check out our Starter Guide made just for you.
  3. Keep up-to-date on the Incursion Campaign!
  4. Here's a guide to the Prestige plugin! Read it here.
  5. To purchase property at Storm's Landing, Please Click Here!
  6. Hey, Guest! Contribute to the Server to keep us Alive!

Active Tryg Strand, the Huntsman

Discussion in 'Character Profiles / Journals' started by godfather1, Mar 28, 2015.

1. godfather1

godfather1 Lord of Altera

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    cooltext209661625545416.png
    Show Spoiler

Name: Querig Tryggvi Strand
    Full Titles: Clan Chieftain of Strand, Earl of Stoltfar, the Terror in the Snow, Warrior-Priest of Theodra
    Nickname/Alias: Tryg (everyone), Sugar (Odette)

[​IMG]
    Source
    "Wisdom Guide Our Strength."

KEY INFORMATION:

Race: Human
    Social Status: Chieftain
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 180 lbs.
    Date of Birth: 18th of Springrise
    Date of Death: --
    Homeland: A northern village of the taiga
    Current Home: Stoltfar

PHYSIOLOGY:
    Build: Quite strong, well-muscled
    Hair: Brown, mid-length with the front bangs pulled back into a neat tail, like this-
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Eyes: Green
    Skin: Somewhat pale, a typical northern skin tone
    Identifying Marks:
    • The blue-purple tattoos of various words and phrases on his right arm, the largest and most obvious of which is the name "Sarah". Two notable long scars, like claw marks, run through them.
    • A scar on his upper left arm from a stab wound.
    Appearance: He usually wears a neutral expression, seeming somewhat reserved, though his eyes are as sharp as ever.
    Clothing:
    • A black tabard with blue trim that he wears over hard leather armor. He wears a thick robe-like cloak of blue-grey felt and bearskin over this. Usually worn.
    • A set of gothic plate armor. Only worn ceremoniously, very rarely.
    • A snow camouflage cloak sewn from white rabbit pelts. Worn situationally.
    Weaponry:
    • [Snowfang, the Unyielding]- family longsword
      • The dark steel grip is shaped like a wolf head; it’s eyes set with quartz. The grip has been shaped to comfortably fit either one or two human hands and its core consists of dense stag antler, covered in high quality ‘Witcher III fiend’ leather.
      • The rectangular arms of the dark steel cross-guard have been sanded, polished and inscribed with the words “Wisdom Guide Our Strength”.
      • The master-crafted dark steel blade of the longsword is 100 centimeters long with a gradual profile taper and is inscribed with [x].
    • Bearded war ax, Ulvensmaw
    • Hunter's bow, Hauksyn
    • Bastard sword, Jegerstyrke (given to Theo Calderon)
    • A dirk hidden on his back
    • Roundshield painted with the blue and black of Stoltfar
    Theodra's Blessing:
    • [Hound]: Once per week an astral wolf/stag can be summoned to guide the user towards a specific quarry that is named upon summoning. The animal may not interact with the mortal plane. It always arrives at its target approximately one minute after being invoked; it moves at a leisurely stroll if nearby, but appears as little more than a flash of ghostly fur if it's asked to find something across the continent. Once the quarry in question is spotted by it, the spirit disappears. The spirit cannot be seen by the targeted quarry, but is visible to everyone else. (Last used: --)
    IMG_3926.PNG
    Prized Possessions:
    • A very worn stone arrowhead which he wears as a pendant on a string around his neck. He never takes it off except to rest, and even then sleeps with it under his pillow or cloak.
    • A gold band ring on his right hand that he always wears.
    Pets:
    • Finn, the husky
    [​IMG]
    Hygiene: He bathes regularly.
    Voice: Eomer's voice

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
    Strengths:
    • Loyal
    • Honorable to those who would return it
    • Decisive
    • Observant
    • Patient
    • Loving
    • Strong fighter, archer and hunter
    Fears: He fears losing members of Stoltfar, whether through death or betrayal. He charges himself with protecting them at any cost, and is determined not to lose them like he has lost so many others.
    Weaknesses:
    • Recently started experiencing some nightmares disturbing his sleep
    • Often predictable if known well enough
    • Cold and merciless
    • Cynical of much of the outside world
    • Rarely wears heavy armor in favor of better mobility
    • His right knee is injured and will never fully heal. He can't put excessive weight on it.
    Intelligence: He can read common, his writing is average. He's clever and observant.
    Languages:
    • Common (fluent)
    • Elvish (very basic, limited)
    Profession: Huntsman, Earl/Chieftain, Warrior-priest

ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:
    Personality: The Earl of Stoltfar is strong-willed, blunt and bears a vicious attitude like an animal. He almost always has a sharp look in his eyes and a slight grin. He loves his family and his close friends deeply, and the slightest threat towards them will provoke him. Any violation of his trust is nigh impossible to repair. He lives by a strict code of honor, but he will always put the good of his people before that code if he is forced to do so. When he is in a good mood, he is an energetic and charismatic man who loves drinking, dancing, storytelling and fighting.

Religion or Cults:
    • Theodra [Devoutly Followed, Priest]
    • Shalherana [Secondary, Deeply Respected]
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Short Term Goals:
    • Rally with the Southern Alliance
    Long Term Goals:
    • Win the war
    • Build a following
    • Build a legacy
    TRIVIA:
    Favourite....
    Place: Stoltfar and the Frostpoint Peninsula
    Pastime: Either hunting or talking to people he likes
    Food: He'll eat anything
    Drink: Mead
    Colour: "Why would I have a favorite color if they can all be beautiful?"
    Animal: Woofer

Least Favourite...
    Place: Anywhere that's tightly confined and makes him feel trapped/claustrophobic

Pastime: Politics
    Food: He'll eat anything
    Drink: Plain water
    Colour: (see above)
    Animal: Spoider

BACKSTORY:
    Find out in-game.
    INSPIRATIONS: Rook from "The Banner Saga" and Eddard Stark, Jon Snow, and Tormund Giantsbane from Game of Thrones.

My in-game name is: godfather1
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • Player Love Player Love x 3
  2. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    Relations

Family & Clan:

Segar, his son- "You're at the age when you should learn to start defending yourself." Tryg cares dearly for his son. It is not in the way of his family to treat him differently simply for being a bastard, and he loves him just as much as Eleanor, as does Odette. ShaolinPunk

Odette, his wife- "Gods I love you." Tryg is completely dedicated to the woman and would never even consider betraying her or going behind her back. Unstable and violent as she may be, he knows that she returns that loyalty beyond a shadow of a doubt. He grows more worried about her with recent events. Samiwashere

Eleanor, his daughter- "I'm so sorry you've had to see the things you've seen..." Tryg cares dearly for his daughter. He is made nervous by her current religious cynicism, but is not too concerned, as he is sure it is just a childish phase that he can bring to pass with time. @???

Theo Calderon- "Move on or you'll just end up regretting it, trust me." Tryg cares for Theo practically as a second son, and he sees the potential for a very wise advisor in him. He's begun training the lad in swordsmanship. Edouard2000

Carlos de Courtnay- "Oh lad, what am I going to do with you..." Carlos is an adopted clan member. Tryg cares for him and hopes to make a wiser man out of him, but with his recent rash decisions and stubbornness he grows worried and frustrated with him. MrMine

People of Stoltfar:

Arisha Niamh- "Very different from your sister indeed." Arisha has proven to be much wiser and kinder than her sister Arianne, whom was banished from Stoltfar for proving to be foolish and apathetic towards her clan. Tryg is grateful for the role she plays as the town healer. RagingLunacy

Respected/Loyalties:

Thordil Barumur- "A mysterious dwarf, but one that I think I can trust." Tryg hasn't spoken to the King of the Hill very much in person, but they have developed a certain unspoken alliance and mutual respect for one another. Tryg also appreciates the numerous gifts he's received from the dwarf's forges. Jazzper

Citrine Azerwind of Mockingbay- "You're quite a formal and friendly young lady." Tryg is impressed by the young woman's strength and tact in dealing with the situations that have been forced on her, and is glad to have met her in person. Samiwashere

Kharn Sicarus of Aeroch Nor- "I'm incredibly grateful for your continued friendship and help, even if the rest of your house is a bunch of southern pricks." Kharn has been very supportive of Tryg and Odette, both as a trusted advisor and ally, and as a good friend. Warwolf

Neutral:

Adiella- "A kind woman with some wit about her." Tryg knows she isn't the first woman to fall for Cymic and likely won't be the last, he doesn't blame her for this. He likes her well enough that he would give her a place in Stoltfar if she asked for it. bettemus99

Réynard- "A fun drinking partner and tavern brawler." Tryg had an entertaining bar fight with the man in good fun. Despite their different religious alignments, he's found Réynard to be thoughtful and pleasant company to be around in Storm's Landing. TheDeester

Forrest Westergard- "A northerner through and through." One of the more tolerable members of House Hawklight, Tryg has enjoyed being in the man's company while at Storm's Landing and wouldn't mind drinking with him more. LeftwardElk

John of Gaunter- "Gods damned Ignites..." Tryg finds the man somewhat annoying for the way he has talked about Theodra as though she is submissive to Ignis, and finds the idea that Her doctrine is a part of some greater commandments of the Fire Goddess to be a despicable bastardization of Theodra's true teachings. Nonetheless, he has no reason to outright hate or particularly distrust the man. Cap

Joe- "He seems a good lad." Tryg has enjoyed talking with Joe and has given him guidance on more than one occasion. He is glad to see a young man who is eager to be a true devotee to Theodra. Wandering Ranger

Unsure of:

Cymic Seymour of Sangria- "You're treading on thin ice." Tryg is wary of Cymic for the recent actions he's aware of the Grape King taking. The future will determine if things will improve between them or not. Cymic_

Disfavorable:

--

Enemies:

Arianne Niamh- "You're just as much of a childish wench as I remembered." Tryg despises the woman for what he sees as an utter lack of true loyalty or care for others. He's convinced that everybody who ever invests trust in her is bound to eventually be sorely disappointed in her, if not feel outright betrayed by her, and that if she continues unstopped she'll eventually find herself unwelcome and exiled from every city and country in the realm.
    Bobert

Alison Kane, Brennard Westmay and the Kane/Varyn Alliance- "One way or another, I'll see you in the Great Wilderness." Elz Mitch Arken

Immortalized in Memory:

Ciaria Caedit, friend- "The last time we spoke is a memory I will never forget." It was beneath a tree in the gardens of Queensport, and she was broken. Tryg nearly wanted to sit and cry with her. He held a deep respect for the kind woman, and viewed her as a dear friend. He despises the way Alison spits on her name. BrianAT16

Niah Kane, his lady- "I swore loyalty to you, and Alistair still holds that loyalty." Tryg honors her memory by honoring his commitment of loyalty to her house, and his continued searching for an opportunity to bring her traitor daughter to justice. Niah

Amberley, eternal torment- "I made a horrible mistake..." Tryg made the wrong choice. He will never learn the truth about who killed them. Bob_the_BuilderPet

Sarah and Herrick, first love and son- "I will never forget what I had." (backstory)

Althalos Sadin, 'brother'- "We certainly didn't agree on everything, but you were a good man and a loyal ally..." Tryg always thought the lad was idealistic to a fault and at the same time lacking in honor in some ways, but he was always kind, and he was a loving brother to him, and uncle to the children. He will be missed. Electric
    • Like Like x 14
    • Player Love Player Love x 8
  3. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    ~Weapons & Possessions~
    Snowfang, the Unyielding
    c5c4ed8c67846b52162dce9af19355b2--celtic-dragon-fantasy-weapons.jpg 822f6cfc780d1be7c1c6a6b29018365a--cane-tips-walking-sticks.jpg
    Ulvensmaw, the war axe - Wolf's Bite

image.jpeg
    Source
    Hauksyn, the hunter's bow - Hawk's Sight
    image.jpeg
    Source
    Stone arrowhead pendant
    image.jpeg
    Source

~Art~
    Edouard2000
    Show Spoiler
    Tryg.jpg

Vesryn
    Show Spoiler
    wooPaxzl.jpg

Samiwashere
    Show Spoiler
    Strand family.jpg [​IMG]

Spooksy_ (And Samiwashere for the original)
    Show Spoiler
    image.jpeg

Piratep00f
    Show Spoiler
    image.jpeg

~Mood Music~
    On the warpath, towards justice or death.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Player Love Player Love x 2
  4. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    • Player Love Player Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Raith

Raith Lord of Altera

you forgot lilith :p
    • Like Like x 1
  6. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    He's barely met her, but fine XD
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Somnastra

Somnastra Puppycat Herder Retired Staff

Character Name:
    Somnastra Elenthalion
    Alt Name:
    Kelta Brinn
    Race:
    Elf
    I feel like we need to RP.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    Yus, once I get back from Miami :3

Also, love the quotes in your signature so much-
    • Like Like x 1
    • Player Love Player Love x 1
  9. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Zombie3255

Zombie3255 Lord of Altera

Character Name:
    Geralt Llewellyn
    Alt Name:
    Dunamis
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Vinterhavn
    I feel special ;w;
    • Like Like x 1
  11. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    You should feel very special, and I feel very stupid for forgetting your username XD

Edit: Also you should feel very special because I think Nicholas made it onto "disliked" faster than anyone else. Congratulations, Nicholas told Tryg to go against his primary value and give up on Cat on their first meeting XD

Does anyone know what Samantha or Cat's forum usernames are? ;-;
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Zombie3255

Zombie3255 Lord of Altera

Character Name:
    Geralt Llewellyn
    Alt Name:
    Dunamis
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Vinterhavn
    @MeepingTiger <- Thats cat, not sure about sam
    • Like Like x 2
  13. MeepingTiger

MeepingTiger Legend of Altera

Character Name:
    Claire Attilus
    Alt Name:
    Moon
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Crossroads/Azerport
    It's @Quality Hitbox Detection I think.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    Changed the formatting a bit on the backstory so it hopefully doesn't look like one gigantic rant now.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    • Like Like x 1
  17. godfather1

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    Put in in-depth relations in the first reserve post, tagged all the people
    • Like Like x 1
  18. MeepingTiger

Character Name:
    Claire Attilus
    Alt Name:
    Moon
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Crossroads/Azerport
    Hrmm... Time to get all my fish and bring it to Vinterhavn.. (Cause fish is amazing.)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Tybalt

Tybalt Lord of Altera

Character Name:
    Tybalt
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Azerport/Nadindel
    House:
    MARRica
    These are the type of posts I hate to see disagrees on..... It makes no sense
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. MeepingTiger

Character Name:
    Claire Attilus
    Alt Name:
    Moon
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Crossroads/Azerport
    Nick doesn't like fish I guess.. Maybe that's because I slapped him with one though.. Heh..
    • Like Like x 1