• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Active Tryg Strand, the Huntsman

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Legend
French_Roast
French_Roast
Legend
cooltext209661625545416.png
Name: Querig Tryggvi Strand
Full Titles: Chieftain of the Strandir, Earl of Stoltfar, the Terror in the Snow, Warrior-Priest of Theodra
Nickname/Alias: Tryg (everyone), Sugar (Odette)

Tryg ref.jpg

"Wisdom Guide Our Strength."

<KEY INFORMATION>

Race: Human
Social Status: Chieftain
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 180 lbs.
Date of Birth: 18th of Springrise
Date of Death: --
Homeland: A northern village of the taiga
Current Home: Stoltfar

21.png
<PHYSIOLOGY>
Build: Quite strong, well-muscled
Hair: Brown, mid-length with the front bangs pulled back into a neat tail, like this-

Eyes: Green

Skin: Somewhat pale, a typical northern skin tone

Identifying Marks:
+ The blue-purple tattoos of various words and phrases on his right arm, the largest and most obvious of which is the name "Sarah".
+ Two notable long scars, like claw marks, run through the tattoos.
+ A scar on his upper left arm from a stab wound.

+A dark scar in his side from being gored by a monstrous stag

Appearance: He usually wears a neutral expression, seeming somewhat reserved, though his eyes are as sharp as ever.

Clothing:
+ A black tabard with blue trim that he wears over hard leather armor. He wears a thick robe-like cloak of blue-grey felt and bearskin over this. Usually worn.
+ A snow camouflage cloak sewn from white rabbit pelts. Worn situationally.

Weaponry:
+ [Snowfang, the Unyielding]- family longsword
The dark steel grip is shaped like a wolf head; it’s eyes set with quartz. The grip has been shaped to comfortably fit either one or two human hands and its core consists of dense stag antler, covered in high quality ‘Witcher III fiend’ leather. The rectangular arms of the dark steel cross-guard have been sanded, polished and inscribed with the words “Wisdom Guide Our Strength”. The master-crafted dark steel blade of the longsword is 100 centimeters long with a gradual profile taper and is inscribed with a set of runes in no known language.
+ Steel war ax
+ A hunter's bow made from wendigo antler
+ A dirk hidden on his back
+ Roundshield painted with the blue and black of Stoltfar

Divine Favor - Sacred of Theodra:
+ [Tier I - Boon] Hound: Once per week an astral wolf/stag can be summoned to guide the user towards a specific quarry that is named upon summoning. The animal may not interact with the mortal plane. It always arrives at its target approximately one minute after being invoked; it moves at a leisurely stroll if nearby, but appears as little more than a flash of ghostly fur if it's asked to find something across the continent. Once the quarry in question is spotted by it, the spirit disappears. The spirit cannot be seen by the targeted quarry, but is visible to everyone else.

IMG_3926.PNG
+[Tier II - Artifact] Huntress's Thread: A silvery, slender bowstring that seems to offer some guidance to arrows flung with it. It seems to possess some will of its own, freely shifting to string bows of any size. Rolls against monsters, beasts, or other event foes gain a +3 modifier.
+[Tier III - Spell 1] Detect Good or Evil: As it says- search for a Holy being, Undead, Beast, or Demon in an rp range. Can estimate how many of that kind, and from which direction. [Thought | must choose only one from the list - Once per day]
+[Tier III - Spell 2] Aura|Unease: Emit an aura in a speak range. Players will generally feel unsettled in your presence and a glow emits around your head for the duration of a speech, threat, or held conversation. Can be visually thematic to a color of whichever neutral/evil god you worship. Players around you will feel uneasy. Effect doesn’t work on characters extremely violent towards you when enraged. [Thought - Once per day]

Prized Possessions:
+ A very worn stone arrowhead which he wears as a pendant on a string around his neck. He never takes it off except to rest, and even then sleeps with it under his pillow or cloak.
+ A gold band ring on his right hand that he always wears.

Pets:
+ Finn, the husky

Hygiene: He bathes regularly.

Voice: Eomer's voice
21.png
<QUALITIES AND FLAWS>

Strengths:
+ Loyal
+ Honorable to those who would return it
+ Decisive
+ Observant
+ Patient
+ Loving towards his family
+ Strong fighter, archer and hunter

Fears:
+ Losing his family

Weaknesses:
+ Cold and merciless
+ Cynical of much of the outside world
+ Rarely wears heavy armor in favor of better mobility
+ His right knee is injured and will never fully heal. He can't put excessive weight on it.

Intelligence: He can read common, his writing is average. He's clever and observant.

Languages:
+ Common (fluent)
+ Elvish (very basic, limited)

Profession: Huntsman, Earl/Chieftain, Warrior-priest
21.png
<ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS>

Personality: The Earl of Stoltfar is strong-willed, blunt and bears a vicious attitude like an animal. He almost always has a sharp look in his eyes and a slight grin. He loves his family and his close friends deeply, and the slightest threat towards them will provoke him. Any violation of his trust is nigh impossible to repair. He lives by a strict code of honor, but he will always put the good of his people before that code if he is forced to do so. When he is in a good mood, he is an energetic and charismatic man who loves drinking, dancing, storytelling and fighting.

Religion or Cults:
+ Theodra [Devoutly Followed, Priest]
+ Shalherana [Secondary, Deeply Respected]

Alignment: Neutral Good

Short Term Goals:
+ Connect with hunters and faithful of Theodra across the continent

Long Term Goals:
+ Build a following
+ Build a legacy

21.png
<TRIVIA>

Favourite....
Place: Stoltfar and the Frostpoint Peninsula
Pastime: Either hunting or talking to people he likes
Food: He'll eat anything
Drink: Mead
Colour: Partial to green
Animal: Dogs/wolves

Least Favourite...
Place: Anywhere that's tightly confined and makes him feel trapped/claustrophobic
Pastime: Politics
Food: He'll eat anything
Drink: Plain water
Colour: (see above)
Animal: Spoider

<BACKSTORY>
Find out in-game.

<INSPIRATIONS>
Rook from "The Banner Saga" and Eddard Stark, Jon Snow, and Tormund Giantsbane from Game of Thrones.

My in-game name is: French_Roast

Last edited:

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Legend
French_Roast
French_Roast
Legend
<RELATIONS>

Family & Clan:

Segar, his son- "You're at the age when you should learn to start defending yourself." Tryg cares dearly for his son. It is not in the way of his family to treat him differently simply for being a bastard, and he loves him just as much as Eleanor, as does Odette. (Currently not played)

Odette, his wife- "Gods I love you." Tryg is completely dedicated to the woman and would never even consider betraying her or going behind her back. Unstable and violent as she may be, he knows that she returns that loyalty beyond a shadow of a doubt. He grows more worried about her with recent events. Samiwashere

Eleanor, his daughter- "I'm so sorry you've had to see the things you've seen..." Tryg cares dearly for his daughter. He is made nervous by her current religious cynicism, but is not too concerned, as he is sure it is just a childish phase that he can bring to pass with time. (Currently not played)

Theo Calderon- "Move on or you'll just end up regretting it, trust me." Tryg cares for Theo practically as a second son, and he sees the potential for a very wise advisor in him. He's begun training the lad in swordsmanship. Edouard2000

Carlos de Courtnay- "Oh lad, what am I going to do with you..." Carlos is an adopted clan member. Tryg cares for him and hopes to make a wiser man out of him, but with his recent rash decisions and stubbornness he grows worried and frustrated with him. MrMine

People of Stoltfar:

Arisha Niamh- "Very different from your sister indeed." Arisha has proven to be much wiser and kinder than her sister Arianne, whom was banished from Stoltfar for proving to be foolish and apathetic towards her clan. Tryg is grateful for the role she plays as the town healer. RagingLunacy

Respected/Loyalties:

Thordil Barumur- "A mysterious dwarf, but one that I think I can trust. Usually." They have developed a certain unspoken alliance and mutual respect for one another. Tryg also appreciates the numerous gifts he's received from the dwarf's forges. Jazzper

Citrine Azerwind of Mockingbay- "You're quite a formal and friendly young lady." Tryg is impressed by the young woman's strength and tact in dealing with the situations that have been forced on her, and is glad to have met her in person. Samiwashere

Kharn Sicarus of Aeroch Nor- "I'm incredibly grateful for your continued friendship and help, even if the rest of your house is a bunch of southern pricks." Kharn has been very supportive of Tryg and Odette, both as a trusted advisor and ally, and as a good friend. Warwolf

Linden Duskgrove Silveira- "I failed to return the debt I owe you, I am sorry my friend." Tryg holds an enormous amount of respect for this goodhearted caparius. Both him and Odette owe their lives to Linden now. Tryg feels wounded and immensely guilty that he was unable to protect Vermella and aid Linden when he needed it most, and feels that he failed him. RagingLunacy

Ashna Kov'gra'sek- Tryg naturally respects Ashna, as he respects the Grey Lady and believes that all mortals must one day die and face judgment. She seems level-headed and he appreciates her no-nonsense demeanor. Solus

Neutral:

Adiella- "A kind woman with some wit about her." Tryg knows she isn't the first woman to fall for Cymic and likely won't be the last, he doesn't blame her for this. He likes her well enough that he would give her a place in Stoltfar if she asked for it. bettemus99

Unsure of:

Cymic Seymour of Sangria- "You're treading on thin ice." Tryg is wary of Cymic for the recent actions he's aware of the Grape King taking. The future will determine if things will improve between them or not. Cymic_

Disfavorable:

--

Enemies:

Cedlas- "I don't make idle threats." Tryg regards this man as a despicable, cowardly thief. As someone who attacked a Guardian and spouts profuse and very unbelievable lies, Tryg will gladly end this man's life if he encounters him again. He is nothing but a liability. Swiftspear

Missed:

Ciaria Caedit, friend- "The last time we spoke is a memory I will never forget." It was beneath a tree in the gardens of Queensport, and she was broken. Tryg nearly wanted to sit and cry with her. He held a deep respect for the kind woman, and viewed her as a dear friend. He despises the way Alison spits on her name. BrianAT16

Niah Kane, his lady- "I swore loyalty to you, and Alistair still holds that loyalty." Tryg honors her memory by honoring his commitment of loyalty to her house, and his continued searching for an opportunity to bring her traitor daughter to justice. Niah

Amberley, eternal torment- "I made a horrible mistake..." Tryg made the wrong choice. He will never learn the truth about who killed them. Bob_the_BuilderPet

Sarah and Herrick, first love and son- "I will never forget what I had." (backstory)

Althalos Sadin, 'brother'- "We certainly didn't agree on everything, but you were a good man and a loyal ally..." Tryg always thought the lad was idealistic to a fault and at the same time lacking in honor in some ways, but he was always kind, and he was a loving brother to him, and uncle to the children. He will be missed. Electric

Last edited:

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Legend
French_Roast
French_Roast
Legend
~Weapons & Possessions~
Snowfang, the Unyielding
c5c4ed8c67846b52162dce9af19355b2--celtic-dragon-fantasy-weapons.jpg 822f6cfc780d1be7c1c6a6b29018365a--cane-tips-walking-sticks.jpg
Bearmaw, the Hunter's Fury
War axe.jpg
Froststing, the Beastfeller. The Huntress' Thread is currently equipped on this bow.
(still looking for a ref here)
Stone arrowhead pendant
image.jpeg
Source

~Art~
Edouard2000
Tryg.jpg

Vesryn
wooPaxzl.jpg

Samiwashere
Strand family.jpg

Spooksy_ (And Samiwashere for the original)
image.jpeg

Piratep00f
image.jpeg

~Mood Music~
Will find this later....

Attachments

Last edited:

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Legend
French_Roast
French_Roast
Legend
You should feel very special, and I feel very stupid for forgetting your username XD

Edit: Also you should feel very special because I think Nicholas made it onto "disliked" faster than anyone else. Congratulations, Nicholas told Tryg to go against his primary value and give up on Cat on their first meeting XD

Does anyone know what Samantha or Cat's forum usernames are? ;-;

Last edited:

Zombie3255

Lord of Altera
You should feel very special, and I feel very stupid for forgetting your username XD

Edit: Also you should feel very special because I think Nicholas made it onto "disliked" faster than anyone else. Congratulations, Nicholas told Tryg to go against his primary value and give up on Cat on their first meeting XD

@MeepingTiger <- Thats cat, not sure about sam

It's @Quality Hitbox Detection I think.