Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Twilight Zone

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
I mentioned in another thread that I'm rewatching the original Twilight Zone episodes. Rather than derail that thread, I've started a new one.

My favorite is The Invaders
And the episodes look amazing on Bluray.
(You can also see them in glorious HD on Netflix US courtesy of http://unblock-us.com)
I haven't got that far in my rewatch, but I remember it and it's a great story. I'm about two thirds through season 1 (which for some stupid reason I bought on DVD not BluRay!).

Some of the episodes are really high quality both in story and production. A few don't need watching again, but the majority are really good. My favourites so far have been Time Enough at Last, One for the Angels, What You Need and Walking Distance. That last one has a really young Ron Howard in it.

The other thing to know about series one is it lacks the eerie Twilight Zone music! That didn't get added until the second season.

Tarron

Lord of Altera
I don't remember if it was one of the original ones but I really enjoyed the one where the guy who listened to cannon blasts all the time developed supersonic hearing. I also remember the one where the guy was on Mars or something as punishment and got really attached to the android that got sent there (sad).

If you like those, you might like Lost in Space as well. (nobody unrail off this)

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
The android one is called The Lonely and is really good :)

I loved Lost in Space too. I used to watch it on Sunday lunchtimes as a kid (UK re-runs obviously, I'm not 70)

Tarron

Lord of Altera
Ah, I felt absolutely terrible for that guy. If I remember correctly, they suddenly showed up and took the android away? Gee, had all my feels bundled up and they just ripped 'em away.

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
Ah, I felt absolutely terrible for that guy. If I remember correctly, they suddenly showed up and took the android away? Gee, had all my feels bundled up and they just ripped 'em away.
Not quite. They brought it to him and he got really attached. Then they came back with a pardon for his crimes but there was only enough room for him on the spaceship.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
The android one is called The Lonely and is really good :)

That was an exceptionally good episode.

I think The Lonely was also remade for the 80's Twilight Zone revival? (Edit: I appear to be wrong - I was sure I saw a remake of this somewhere). Season One of the 80's TZ is very good with a superb performance from a young Bruce Willis (his first role) in the opening pilot episode. Highly recommend picking this up on DVD.

Also, a bit of trivia for you.. The woman who played the android in The Lonely was played by Jean Marsh who was best known for her role as Rose in Upstairs Downstairs.